U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-09-2010, 04:28 PM

6,296 posts, read 6,904,458 times
Oooh, I didn't think of alfalfa sprouts on tuna, that would be good! I do put cheese and onion on it, tho. And a dash of celery salt and balsamic vinegar, my secret ingredients.

Trick for a strong onion: slice it thin, salt it, then rinse it. Will usually take a lot of the strong out. Almost-freezing it works too!

Old 03-09-2010, 06:47 PM

517 posts, read 716,256 times
I love tuna with lots of pickles. Never thought of vinegar though. Interesting.
We had homeaide pizza compliments of
my daughter, she made most of it, it turned
out pretty darn good.
Oh boy rain for the next 7 days, there went my sunshine, and the warm weather
melted all my pretty snow.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:02 PM

299 posts, read 282,394 times
Default Speaking of sandwiches ....

I love when we talk about food.. I love tuna salad.. I like it regular ( some spring onion, celery, maybe a small amount of green pepper .... and mayo ).. But I'm a big onion fan.. I also make a tuna salad where all I put in is onion ... regular, not spring ... and mayo.. But I put in ALOT of onion.. an amount probably equal to the amount of tuna .. And extra mayo.. Then I put the container ( airtight, of course ).. into the fridge for a couple days, so that the onion gets real strong .. ( needless to say .. I rarely have to share it ) .. I like my regular tuna on toast with fresh crispy lettuce and tomato, and a big old kosher dill pickle.. YUM .. YUM. ......... I also love thin sliced, very dense, German bauerbrot ( been a while since I spelled any German, hope I got it right ) with strong swiss cheese and some ham and, of course, mayo.. Crazy as it sounds, one of my favorite sandwichs is an egg salad on white bread -- out of a vending machine.. There's just something about food out of a vending machine that I like.. Maybe just that I'm probably extra hungry when I get them.. And, of course, the classic Bacon, lettuce, and tomato ..... with mayo.. I had an oyster po' boy once that was great.. But my all time favorite has to be the classic Italian sub with olive oil and plenty of vinegar. ........ Of course, with all sandwiches, the freshness of the bread or roll is critical.. Its not a sandwich, but a big slice of dark pumpernikel with some REAL butter on it is great... I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the real reason for the invention of bread.. Not for sandwich making, or even for lathering with garlic butter and grilling to go with steak.. No, fresh bread's true calling is for one thing .. and one thing only .......to sop. ..... to clean your dinner plate of every left over drop of gravy and morsel of food before it makes its way to the sink.. The dream of every young hunk of dough is to one day be used to wipe every clinging speck of beef stew from tonite's once steaming bowl... From its beginning as an amber wave of grain ... to its emergence from its wal-mart bought, "as seen on tv", bread making cocoon ..... there is no greater purpose for any type of flour.

Instead of tuna, I sometimes like to use crawfish.. Or, when I have some " extra " money, I'll buy some good quality crab and mix that with some spring onion, green pepper, celery and mayo .. and a couple spices. Now THAT'S good eatin.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go raid the fridge.. I'm suddenly VERY hungry. Hope I got some mayo left.

tiberius

Old 03-09-2010, 10:39 PM

6,259 posts, read 8,039,301 times
You know I never had crayfish until I lived in Oregon?
My favorite festival.
2009 Tualatin Crawfish Festival (http://www.tualatincrawfishfestival.com/2009/ - broken link)

Old 03-10-2010, 11:25 AM

4,022 posts, read 2,504,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt.SNOW View Post
It was 56 here yesterday, supposed to be about the same today. We had pee soup fog here this a.m. so we are on a 3 hour delay for the kids.
I think the moving to Montana part at least for some has alot to do with wanting a slower life style for people, learning to relax and having a slower pace of life is what some people are wishing for.
We have had the grill out to cook off and on all winter...Yummy.
Shouldn't that be 'pea'? ROFLMAO! I couldn't let this one pass! Thanks for making me LOL.....I needed it! I've got a bad headache this morning and it felt good to laugh...

Heck, I've been wearing sweats and a hoodie to keep warm while I plant spring flowers...very unusual for this area....I didn't want to plant this soon but we are having an open house on Sunday. It is supposed to warm up in a couple of days.....

Old 03-10-2010, 11:33 AM

Speaking of food......my husband and girl will be in Missoula in a few days to visit to the U.....

Does anybody have a favorite restaurant or two to suggest? He's allergic to soy, so forget Chinese..... She likes a good cheeseburger......they both do.... He likes Mexican but she doesn't....she'll suffer through a quesadilla.. He also likes a good breakfast for dinner and she'll eat a waffle, French toast, etc..... He likes salmon or trout......she'll semi-suffer through salmon... They like good bread.... Mom and pops are fine if they are clean and not hard to find.....(they'll be tired and won't want to search high and low to try to find one)..

I think they're going to eat lunch at the University but they'll want dinner out..... They'll leave extremely early the next morning to catch a plane in Spokane so won't be eating breakfast at a local place...

Old 03-10-2010, 12:31 PM

517 posts, read 716,256 times
OMG, Wow didn't even realize that. I guess as long as u got a good laugh its all good....
Guess thats what I get when trying to type to early in the morning.
Hum that would have been an interesting fog otherwise.
Oh I so hear u about the headaches, I swear I have had one off and on for 2 months.
Wurzig I am assuming u are selling your house. Are u hoping to move somewhere else or
are you staying in Calif.??

Last edited by Mt.SNOW; 03-10-2010 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: Added more.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt.SNOW View Post
OMG, Wow didn't even realize that. I guess as long as u got a good laugh its all good....
Guess thats what I get when trying to type to early in the morning.
Hum that would have been an interesting fog otherwise.
Oh I so hear u about the headaches, I swear I have had one off and on for 2 months.
Wurzig I am assuming u are selling your house. Are u hoping to move somewhere else or
are you staying in Calif.??
Your assumption is correct, but it's a very large house and is taking forever. We are 100% California people but it's time for a change.....

Old 03-10-2010, 03:34 PM

1,299 posts, read 1,332,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Speaking of food......my husband and girl will be in Missoula in a few days to visit to the U.....

Does anybody have a favorite restaurant or two to suggest? He's allergic to soy, so forget Chinese..... She likes a good cheeseburger......they both do.... He likes Mexican but she doesn't....she'll suffer through a quesadilla.. He also likes a good breakfast for dinner and she'll eat a waffle, French toast, etc..... He likes salmon or trout......she'll semi-suffer through salmon... They like good bread.... Mom and pops are fine if they are clean and not hard to find.....(they'll be tired and won't want to search high and low to try to find one)..

I think they're going to eat lunch at the University but they'll want dinner out..... They'll leave extremely early the next morning to catch a plane in Spokane so won't be eating breakfast at a local place...
Considering the 'guide lines' in your post...............(and even if you gave "no guide lines")....................The Depot Restaurant at 201 railroad Ave.....right downtown, and I've never been dis-satisfied when dining there. Probably should make reservations.............................

Old 03-10-2010, 03:59 PM

1,299 posts, read 1,332,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
I love when we talk about food.. I love tuna salad.. I like it regular ( some spring onion, celery, maybe a small amount of green pepper .... and mayo )..

tiberius
I agree with the above, with the following minor additions:

1/add some "pickel relish"...not too much now, you know...just a smidgen!!

2/ season with "just a little" Lemon Pepper Seasoning.

3/ lightly crumble up some Lays Potatoe Chips and put them on top!!

And #4..............All this has to be sandwiched between (2) slices of: soft, fresh White Bread!!

Oh yea, wash down with a glass of: Cold Pinot Grigio.....................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana