Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2009, 08:52 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,058,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHorses View Post
better yet and a personal favourite of mine, "Spotted Dick". You've never had Spotted Dick?
You don't know what you're missing.
Whoa if I ever had that I would have gone to the doctor !
I eat crumpets in the morning , I don't call them crumpets though.
Here's how I fix mine up and I suggest you have yours the same way !
Toast an English muffin and spread it with butter, then layer strips of pickled jalapenos on the muffin and sprinkle some garlic powder on it. Put the top back on the muffin and serve with hot Earl Grey tea with honey and fresh squeezed lemon juice. This is also good with a few strips of thin crisp bacon on it too. We are fixing a few up right now and if you all can get here within five minutes I'll save some for you.

Old 04-26-2009, 10:23 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,993,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
You guys are starting to worry me....

I thawed some black raspberries and had some left over home made ice cream. Better grab a glass of water to cure the brain freeze, the home made ice cream tends to do that.

You might want to try this to stop brainfreeze...

BLACKBERRY or Raspberry CLAFOUTI

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Ingredients:
· 1 tablespoon softened butter
· 1 cup whole milk
· 1/4 cup heavy cream
· 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
· 3 large eggs
· 1/4 cup granulated sugar
· 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
· 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 4 cups fresh blackberries
· 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar (powdered)
Preparation:
Preheat an oven to 350F. Butter a 9-inch by 9-inch square baking dish or a 9-inch deep-dish pie round with the softened butter.
In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, cream, flour, eggs, sugar, orange zest, vanilla extract, and salt until it forms a smooth, thin batter. Spread 3/4 cup of the batter onto the bottom of the prepared baking dish and bake it for 2-4 minutes. Watch the batter closely and remove it before it cooks through completely. It should just start to thicken and set when it is removed from the oven.
Transfer the dish to a heatproof surface and arrange the blackberries over the hot batter. Pour the remaining batter over the blackberries and bake for 35-40 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Sprinkle the confectioners’ sugar over the finished clafouti and serve it warm.
This blackberry clafouti recipe makes 8 servings.

Old 04-26-2009, 12:29 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,168,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Ah, chokecherry picking... used to do it with my grandmother every summer. (Where's the emoticon for "nostalgia"??) Chokecherry jelly, pancake syrup, and when some of it turned instead of setting up, vinegar and more rarely a pleasantly astringent low-alcohol wine.

As to that roast.. you got the onions and mushrooms, now throw in some new potatoes and baby carrots... nothing better than potatoes and carrots roasted in meat juice!

Come to think of it, that's what I'll do with that chunk of good ol' Angus beef later today... potatoes, mushrooms, onions, YUMMMMMM!
mmmm chokecherry syrup on waffles.. I might have to have breakfast for dinner tonight now!

Had the famous leftover hash for breakfast this morning. Taters cut up and cooked in butter with onions, mushrooms, red and yellow peppers, and cut up leftover brats from yesterdays bbq. Throw a fried egg or two on top and it's like heaven.

Old 04-26-2009, 12:42 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,151,624 times
Hmm. Well, if you don't want crumpets... should I bring the dancing girls instead?

Old 04-26-2009, 03:06 PM

193 posts, read 463,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Hmm. Well, if you don't want crumpets... should I bring the dancing girls instead?

Wheew!! Thats a relief...

j/k

Old 04-26-2009, 03:57 PM

1,688 posts, read 8,143,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Wheew!! Thats a relief...
Not if they bring the Spotted Dick with them.

(Note to all: Spotted Dick really is a British dessert. There's some lore about how it got its name, but it escapes me. It's basically like a sponge cake that's got currants in it, served - as with many British desserts - with warm custard. )

How'd we get on to food anyway? I'm famished and this is not helping.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:00 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,058,632 times
Quote:
Well we are visiting and whenever folks visit it's only a matter of time when folks start thinking about grub. You should smell the Hutterite chicken that my wife is baking right now. She is baking it up-side-down to keep the breasts nice and supple, oops I meant juicy and tender !

Old 04-26-2009, 06:49 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,669,648 times
Quote:
Not if they bring the Spotted Dick with them.

(Note to all: Spotted Dick really is a British dessert. There's some lore about how it got its name, but it escapes me. It's basically like a sponge cake that's got currants in it, served - as with many British desserts - with warm custard. )

My dh just walked by as I was trying to find out the origin of the above mentioned dish! And I always speak so highly of the neighbors on the porch
That's ok, he got a good laugh out of that one. He spent some time in the UK smoking ****. I will leave that one at that.

Old 04-26-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Well we are visiting and whenever folks visit it's only a matter of time when folks start thinking about grub. You should smell the Hutterite chicken that my wife is baking right now. She is baking it up-side-down to keep the breasts nice and supple, oops I meant juicy and tender !
I have only the highest praise for these wonderful chickens. A fellow coworker brought up a few cases last year and I wisely picked up a few. The most tender and juicy roasted chicken I have ever had. The flesh was like snow. Nothing like you will ever see in a store. If you are close enough to enjoy them often, I envy you. You have a loving wife, enjoy, *(do not show it to peek)

Old 04-26-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
mmmm chokecherry syrup on waffles.. I might have to have breakfast for dinner tonight now!

Had the famous leftover hash for breakfast this morning. Taters cut up and cooked in butter with onions, mushrooms, red and yellow peppers, and cut up leftover brats from yesterdays bbq. Throw a fried egg or two on top and it's like heaven.
Absolutely! pass the hot sauce please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana