U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-26-2010, 07:37 AM

6,038 posts, read 6,891,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Rickers, did you get all your fences done?
I finished all that I could but I have been side tracked with other projects.
I'm spending most of my time looking for another property that my bank will finance. We have several places we will be looking at in a week or two.
I know one thing, there are NO really good deals listed on realtors websites, ALL of the really good deals get snapped up by neighbors and friends. A building just sold in our town and it sold to a local the day after it was offered for sale. We are moving back to the west side and will be renting while seeking out another place. Hopefully we wont have to be bothered with home inspectors and realtors as we generally come out better doing as much as we can ourselves. I always look at a place and talk to neighbors before the tour with the realtor and that really helps find out the dirt that the realtors will steer you away from ! If we really luck out we may not even have to deal with a bank, I'm looking at two places where the owner is willing to tote the note with very little down but of coarse there are issues with places like that, like no permanent foundation, bad neighbors, septic tank problems etc. We have never paid more than $40,000 for ANY place but it's getting tough to find anything we want these days for less than $89,000 so the search is intensifying as prices start to creep back up. We will most likely end up buying on the rez. We like it there and the prices are a bit lower but we want a secluded place again, we are tired of living in towns, too many restrictions.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:53 AM

18,059 posts, read 23,104,763 times
Got a late start working the team yesterday. Didn't get home until 11 last night. The last 10 miles we run with the lights and flashers on on the wagon. Was interesting to say the least.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:54 AM

2,833 posts, read 2,327,186 times
My Father just picked up a new team of 2 year old Belgians and has been playing with them.

Just like a kid with a new toy.

Should be a good team as they are perfectly matched and he is starting them the right way, HIS way.
Nothing worse than trying to break a team of bad habits they picked up from someone who wasn't really qualified to train a team.

My brother was the reigning Montana State Champion Working Teamster at age 16 and held the title for 5 years until he retired undefeated.

That was completely because of using Dads horses because my brother rarely uses the teams. But those competitions are based primarilly on the horses and how well they work, and a really good team almost doesn't need a teamster.

My father also bought a new wood cookstove for the cabin last weekend. Nice, enamaled with a water reservoir for hot water. I had to go help load the heavy thing.

I guess spring is in the air because he is sure getting busy while I am still chopping wood for the heater.
Good thing too because it was pretty chilly this morning.

Going to have to replenish the woodpile soon, getting pretty small....

Old 03-26-2010, 09:10 AM

4,904 posts, read 7,662,718 times
I just sold 3 cords of split hardwood and a dandy log splitter.. Can't move it cross country.

Used to keep a little pile of wood on our old property for back-up.

Kept about 4-6 cords split and racked by the house

Last edited by Threerun; 03-26-2010 at 09:20 AM..

Old 03-26-2010, 10:54 AM

3,771 posts, read 4,309,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I finished all that I could but I have been side tracked with other projects.
I'm spending most of my time looking for another property that my bank will finance. We have several places we will be looking at in a week or two.
I know one thing, there are NO really good deals listed on realtors websites, ALL of the really good deals get snapped up by neighbors and friends. A building just sold in our town and it sold to a local the day after it was offered for sale. We are moving back to the west side and will be renting while seeking out another place. Hopefully we wont have to be bothered with home inspectors and realtors as we generally come out better doing as much as we can ourselves. I always look at a place and talk to neighbors before the tour with the realtor and that really helps find out the dirt that the realtors will steer you away from ! If we really luck out we may not even have to deal with a bank, I'm looking at two places where the owner is willing to tote the note with very little down but of coarse there are issues with places like that, like no permanent foundation, bad neighbors, septic tank problems etc. We have never paid more than $40,000 for ANY place but it's getting tough to find anything we want these days for less than $89,000 so the search is intensifying as prices start to creep back up. We will most likely end up buying on the rez. We like it there and the prices are a bit lower but we want a secluded place again, we are tired of living in towns, too many restrictions.

Had to look up CSKT, lots of fascinating stuff:
http://www.cskt.org/
So that's the same as the Flathead Rez? Ooooh, then we'll almost be (part-time) neighbors! Good luck with finding a great place! Just don't bring your cousins...
Thanks for sharing the pics--we're going to plan for a Lower Flathead River trip. So many places we haven't expored yet!

Old 03-26-2010, 12:00 PM

6,488 posts, read 7,630,823 times
More stuff for us map freaks!

Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection - UT Library Online

Old 03-26-2010, 12:22 PM

4,022 posts, read 2,776,346 times
Quote:
Rickers, did you get all your fences done?
Good to see you.
Post op update.
Hubs was smiling after the oral surgery. Not sure if it was the better living through pharmaceuticals or the pretty young hygienist helping him to the pickup. I shopped while they cut.
He is resting comfortably.
I've been there and done that and so has my girl.....bleh! Were they impacted? Did he get stitches?

So you high tailed it over to Wally World while they took out his teeth? Too much!

Old 03-26-2010, 01:39 PM

4,022 posts, read 2,776,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Got a late start working the team yesterday. Didn't get home until 11 last night. The last 10 miles we run with the lights and flashers on on the wagon. Was interesting to say the least.
Sounds like you are writing from Pennsylvania!

Old 03-26-2010, 02:04 PM

6,259 posts, read 8,695,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Have you started your trip or are you still getting ready?

Old 03-26-2010, 03:37 PM

18,059 posts, read 23,104,763 times
Quote:
Have you started your trip or are you still getting ready?
Still getting things ready. Trip won't start until the middle of April. And then we're hoping for no late Blizzards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana