U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2010, 07:24 PM

6,023 posts, read 11,904,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
I am thinking of tiberius this a.m. and want to hum the tune to the Andy Griffity show......you know, Opie and his dad were walking down the dirt path towards the fishing hole with his bamboo pole. and then, of course, there was Ain't Bee with all her good food.
OK while you whistle the Andy Griffith show theme song I'll be singing "Green Acres"

Old 04-07-2010, 08:29 PM

299 posts, read 486,413 times
Default Interesting thread in Wyoming forum......

Why THANK you wurzig.... I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to a thread in another state's forum.. But I was just reading a relatively new thread in the Wyoming forum.. Its called " 10th Amendment Movement In Wyoming " .... it's well worth a look.. Maybe we can kick it around on the porch, too.. Or start a similar thread in the Montana forum.. It could well reflect the the future of several western states..... Give it a look............ " SERENITY NOW!! " .... sorry, had a Festivus flashback.

tiberius

Old 04-08-2010, 07:24 AM

7,543 posts, read 12,603,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
Why THANK you wurzig.... I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to a thread in another state's forum.. But I was just reading a relatively new thread in the Wyoming forum.. Its called " 10th Amendment Movement In Wyoming " .... it's well worth a look.. Maybe we can kick it around on the porch, too.. Or start a similar thread in the Montana forum.. It could well reflect the the future of several western states.....
Sounds like an excellent new thread to me

Old 04-09-2010, 07:19 PM

5,798 posts, read 9,301,369 times
In Idaho Gov. Otter just signed a law based on the 9th and 10th Amendments! States exempting guns from rules now total 7 The article gives proper credit to Montana for having inspired the movement.

I guess I'm 5-6 pages behind as usual here on the MT Porch! Woohoo, Rickers! You're back on the rez! Wishing you all the best!

Old 04-09-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
In Idaho Gov. Otter just signed a law based on the 9th and 10th Amendments! States exempting guns from rules now total 7 The article gives proper credit to Montana for having inspired the movement.
YES!!!!!!

Old 04-12-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
I guess I'm 5-6 pages behind as usual here on the MT Porch! Woohoo, Rickers! You're back on the rez! Wishing you all the best!
I'm getting a bit frazzled with moving, living temporarily in in a motel with my wife being injured, looking at properties and getting jerked around and having our time and gas money wasted because of bad realtors and sellers not being honest and up front about problems with the properties.
Too bad the lending institutions are so persnickety about financing properties with structures that aren't on permanent foundations.

If I had a flagpole I would hang the state flag above the American flag and I'm happy that states are asserting their rights.
I'm also happy to be closer to my favorite fishing rivers and lakes but I do have one question. Is fish worship wrong ?

This is Northern Pike and Small-mouth Bass territory. The Lower Flathead River.

There are little starving trout in Mount Baldy Lake but it's a bit of a hike, I've been up to the top of the mountain five times. It's accessible from the Hot Springs Side as well as the Plains side of the southern Cabinet Range

Old 04-12-2010, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
If I had a flagpole I would hang the state flag above the American flag and I'm happy that states are asserting their rights.
That's one way to make a statement

Quote:
I'm also happy to be closer to my favorite fishing rivers and lakes but I do have one question. Is fish worship wrong ?

This is Northern Pike and Small-mouth Bass territory. The Lower Flathead River.
Oooh, dinner... my stomach is being rezoned as a temple!

Fish that needs your prayers cuz it has no brains: lake sunfish. In Minnesota we used to catch 'em with bare hooks, in the shallow lakes where you can see all 3 feet to the bottom -- dangle and wiggle the hook, and they'd grab hold and into the boat they'd go!

Old 04-13-2010, 09:09 AM

5,798 posts, read 9,301,369 times
Quote:
I'm getting a bit frazzled with moving, living temporarily in in a motel with my wife being injured, looking at properties and getting jerked around and having our time and gas money wasted because of bad realtors and sellers not being honest and up front about problems with the properties.
But once you've found a place, you'll be within easy reach of the Bull River! Here it is, last year during the spring floods. I'll DM you with some realtor info. Maybe you can use it. Hope your wife feels better soon.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:22 AM

That is a nice river, I like the Vermilion river too.
We decided to take a year off from our property searching and we will be renting a tiny beat up trailer near Trout Creek. The landlord said we can have our pets, there is a fire ring in the back and we can put up our EZ UP and tables and do yard sales in the front yard.
This Saturday I may be going to an old style branding and hope to get some interesting pictures of ear tagging, branding and castrating of baby bovines ! It should be interesting but I'll still be wanting to be doing what I'm doing in the picture below, trolling for trout in my tupperware trawler whilst listening to an old Buffalo Springfield CD on my boats baby boom box !
I'm still planning to rig this big old aircraft carrier with a small head sail but I will draw the line at mounting side cannons, This thing is getting heavy enough with the batteries and motor. At least my weight is down from 175 to 135 (my weight at the age of 25) thanks to quitting drinking.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:07 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,535,449 times
Good morning all! Well, we're slowly but surely trolling back to MT. We just finished up a comp in Scottsdale AZ and you'll never guess who I ran in to.. Senator John McCain.
I really, really wanted to ask him when he'd switch back to being a conservative republican but held my tongue.

There was some great bbq, stocked the freezer since as judges we get many pounds of meat to do with as we wish. Here are a couple of pic's we took of the event.

Last edited by jimj; 04-15-2010 at 07:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana