U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2010, 01:24 PM

6,023 posts, read 11,905,446 times

Advertisements

I don't know how I did that ? I guess I just seem to enjoy looking at myself a lot ! Maybe one of the forum moderators will zap three of them away for me. I can't get rid of three of me by myself. But then again since I do spend all my time when not fishing gazing at myself in the mirror I wouldn't mind if they stayed either.
We'll be about ten miles away from the Cabinet Mountains Wilderness Area where we are moving to so maybe I can get more pics to post four times in a row by mistake. I will have another cup of tea now please.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:15 PM

7,543 posts, read 12,604,319 times
Whew, I thought one o' the cousins had peed in my tea there for a minute

Hey Rickers, could you please shorten your "location" string? it's causing overwidth issues that affect anyone with a smaller screen (or browser window not set really huge). Maybe just turn "Montana" into "MT" both places to shorten it up. Thanks!

Fishingtown looks great, I see some nice holes for catching dinner

City slicker: You get dinner out of a hole??
Country feller: Yep. Just stick your hand in, and...
City slicker: Stand aside! I wanna try it!

<sticks hand down hole>
SHHHLLURRRRRPPP!!

Country feller: Shoulda told him about the inland sharks, I mean pike.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:33 PM

I was at the Fiskars site for another post hereabouts, and noticed this:

Donation Request / About Us | Fiskars (http://www2.fiskars.com/About-Us/Donation-Request - broken link)

Could be useful for folks involved in an active sewing or gardening club or the like, or for local events where a 'cutting edge' would be appreciated by participants.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:37 AM

299 posts, read 486,435 times
Default Asleep at the wheel ......

I'm glad we cleared THAT up.. Not that seeing four of rickers is a BAD thing.. But it did catch me by surprise.. Thought I might be coming down with what EVERYBODY else seems to be gettin.. Didn't realize Montana people were getting SO sick these past couple years.. The number of Montanans with chronic and debilitating diseases has EXPLODED.. Its downright scary.. Maybe its something in the water.. Or maybe something those Californians brought with them.. But to think that in just two years the number of people in Montana SO SICK that they need medical marijuana has grown from 800 to over 12,000 is frightening.. That's one in every 80 Montanans.. Its a wonder any work gets done at all.. I bet the percentage in Missoula and Bozeman is even higher.. ( them being sickly students and all ).. In fact, I saw an ad for a roommate wanted in Bozeman where one of the students already living in the house had his medical marijuana prescription, and they were looking for another such roommate.. It did my heart good to see them trying to help out another sick person....... But you gotta wonder how all the HEALTHY people in Montana let this happen.. You REALLY didn't see it coming? Where were you when the bill was being written and considered? Asleep at the wheel, apparently..

( IF THERE'S ONE THING THE GOVERNMENT OF MONTANA REALLY MUST ADDRESS .. MUST BE MADE TO ADDRESS .. ITS THE VOTING PRIVILEGES OF COLLEGE STUDENTS IN MONTANA.. ANY STUDENT WHO DIDN'T LIVE IN MONTANA FOR A FULL YEAR BEFORE STARTING COLLEGE, AND WHO IS TAKING MORE THAN SIX CREDITS IN ANY SEMESTER DURING A YEAR, MUST VOTE ABSENTEE IN THEIR HOME STATE.. AND MUST WAIT FOR A FULL YEAR AFTER DROPPING TO HALF TIME TO ESTABLISH VOTING RESIDENCY.. ALSO PERSON WHO IS CLAIMED BY THEIR PARENTS ON THEIR TAXES, CANNOT ESTABLISH VOTING RESIDENCY IN MONTANA.. THIS MUST BE ADDRESSED TO AVOID HAVING PEOPLE WITH NO PERMANENT CONNECTION TO MONTANA HAVING A VOICE IN ITS BUSINESS....... AND PLEASE, FROM MY LIPS TO GOD'S EARS, ... CONGRESS NEEDS TO CHANGE THE VOTING AGE FROM 18 BACK TO 21 AND TAKE THE RIGHT TO VOTE BACK FROM CHILDREN. )

Well, I hope my friends here on the porch are all feeling ok.. That disease seems to be spreading like wildfire, so you all be extra careful.

I bet its bad in the south section of Billings where them three gangs operate.. ( two hispanic and one native ).. I KNEW being in a gang was bad for your health.. Now they've all gone and got that disease.. Maybe the authorities in Billings ought to get rid of those gangs once and for all for just for HEALTH reasons..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was reading an article from last year about the gang violence and the drive by shootings in south Billings.. I still can't believe its going on in Montana.. GOOD GOD, I honestly thought people in Montana had more sense than to let that type of activity take hold.. I expect it was looked at the same way that all the growth is being viewed.. NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT .. QUIT COMPLAINING .. IT'LL BE FINE.. Well, they woke up too late with the gangs.. Just like they will wake up too late with the growth.. The stewardship of Montana is a precious trust that is being violated.. ITS TIME TO START SAYING ... NO.. ......... Somewhere there's liberal in Billings reading in his paper about the gang violence and saying .. " Gang violence in Montana? .. When we read about this area before we moved here there was no mention of gangs.. I wonder what happened? " ...... Well, my friend ....... YOU happened.. All the people moving into Montana with liberal attitudes are apparentlly like wolves among sheep.. And, MY GOD, how it pains me to think of Montanans as sheep.. But its how they are acting.. To sit there watching all the foolishness start up .. and grow .. and DO NOTHING TO STOP IT is the act of sheep.. The previous generations of Montanans who left the stewardship of their great home to YOU are now turning over in their graves.. I know alot of you aren't overly conservative anymore .. and alot of you are even on the more liberal side these days .. but that doesn't mean you can't use common sense .. PLEASE.. DON'T LET THIS INCREDIBLE STATE CONTINUE DOWN THE PATH IT NOW APPEARS TO BE FOLLOWING..

tiberius

Old 04-29-2010, 04:26 AM

305 posts, read 778,887 times
Ok, help me out here in my ignorance Rickers... I see the fish finder (?), rod holder, trolling motor, but what is that located behind the paddle? Almost looks like a downrigger?

Old 04-29-2010, 04:59 AM

2,626 posts, read 4,952,107 times
Great photos Rickers. Beautiful location... you're not too shabby either! LOL! Is that a floating meadow or an island in the middle of the stream/river?

Old 04-29-2010, 07:24 AM

271 posts, read 403,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Egads, there's FOUR of you? I gotta find a different brand o' breakfast tea.
Or at least stop drinking tea made from those mushrooms that grow in cow pies...

Old 04-29-2010, 08:30 AM

299 posts, read 486,435 times
Uh oh, rickers... You may have to start sending out autographed copies soon.. ( but us from the porch can say we knew you BEFORE you got famous ).

Old 04-29-2010, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdreamer View Post
Or at least stop drinking tea made from those mushrooms that grow in cow pies...
This is slander! My mushrooms grow on trees. Some have even been seen growing on clouds. Those are kinda hard to pick.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:52 AM

Willya look at those road conditions??
State of Montana Road Condition Map
Roads closed and ever'thing. Snow all over the mountains. You sure it's not October??

(There's fresh snow on the mountains just north of me, too!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana