U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-18-2010, 10:04 PM
 
Location: Spots Wyoming
18,696 posts, read 36,389,137 times
Reputation: 2147483647

Advertisements

Gman, I've very sorry they didn't stop in Mayberry. It was mid day and they want to make miles so they passed it by. Chase em down and kick their butt for not following the itinerary set out by AAA.
__________________
[B][COLOR="Red"]"No Copyrighted Material."[/COLOR][/B]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]CD Home page[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"][COLOR="seagreen"]TOS (Terms of Service)[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/107997-search-function-using-search-function.html"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]How to Search,[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]FAQ's[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/70589-guide-guide-city-data-posting.html"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Guide[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/wyoming/"]Wyoming[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/montana/"]Montana[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/north-dakota/"]North Dakota[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/south-dakota/"]South Dakota[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/guns-hunting/"]Guns and Hunting[/URL]

 
Old 05-18-2010, 11:27 PM
 
Location: Brendansport, Sagitta IV
7,540 posts, read 12,581,125 times
Reputation: 2952
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
The wagon pic was a very long train tressle across the River.
Yeah, that would be right -- it wasn't on a road, tho I wasn't sure if it was a train trestle or what -- the shadow was more visible than the bridge. Betcha it's the same one. Wish I could find where I stashed the screencap (somewhere among over 2 million files on this machine!), it was interesting.
 
Old 05-19-2010, 12:26 AM
 
305 posts, read 777,970 times
Reputation: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
The wagon pic was a very long train tressle across the River.
I believe it's this one:

collins, mt - Google Maps


The tiny town of Collins has an antique sale every Mother's Day.
 
Old 05-19-2010, 12:29 AM
 
305 posts, read 777,970 times
Reputation: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Gman, I've very sorry they didn't stop in Mayberry. It was mid day and they want to make miles so they passed it by. Chase em down and kick their butt for not following the itinerary set out by AAA.
I WILL sign the wagon before they get to the Canadian border! I'll be driving by them the next few mornings before they get to no man's land so I'm sure I'll spot the yellow somewhere!
 
Old 05-19-2010, 09:06 AM
 
Location: North Dakota
10 posts, read 14,969 times
Reputation: 18
Hey everybody, sorry I never posted back. I have been pretty busy out here in North Dakota getting my gardens ready and taking care of my new batch of Canadian goose babies I just hatched out (in an incubator). Every year we steal some goose eggs and hatch them out, just because I love them. (I don't know why, but I do). Hey does anybody know anybody who has ever raised a coyote pup? That is my next project. I love coyotes, much to the dismay of my neighbors. Everyone else around here likes to kill them. I would like one as a pet. I believe that if I could get one that still had it's eyes shut and raised it it would be just like a dog. Any ideas on this?
 
Old 05-19-2010, 10:12 AM
 
Location: Brendansport, Sagitta IV
7,540 posts, read 12,581,125 times
Reputation: 2952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2007 View Post
I believe it's this one:

collins, mt - Google Maps


The tiny town of Collins has an antique sale every Mother's Day.
They must have sold the whole town by now, that's why it's so small

That pic doesn't look right... I don't remember any buildings nearby at ALL... but a neat satellite view regardless -- did you notice the two trains on the local siding?

If you go to Map view you can see the lot and street lines that are on record. Where stuff is built and said lines have never met.
 
Old 05-19-2010, 01:30 PM
 
Location: In The Outland
6,023 posts, read 11,880,577 times
Reputation: 3535
Quote:
Originally Posted by petsr4ever View Post
Hey everybody, sorry I never posted back. I have been pretty busy out here in North Dakota getting my gardens ready and taking care of my new batch of Canadian goose babies I just hatched out (in an incubator). Every year we steal some goose eggs and hatch them out, just because I love them. (I don't know why, but I do). Hey does anybody know anybody who has ever raised a coyote pup? That is my next project. I love coyotes, much to the dismay of my neighbors. Everyone else around here likes to kill them. I would like one as a pet. I believe that if I could get one that still had it's eyes shut and raised it it would be just like a dog. Any ideas on this?
Please forget about that idea. I had a neighbor who had a coyote/dog cross and he didn't keep it tied or fenced in. What a nightmare of a dog that was and all the neighbors were pissed off.
Speaking of dogs now, it looks as though I'll be volunteering at an animal shelter soon. I hope I don't get bit, you know what they say,
"No good deed goes unpunished"
 
Old 05-19-2010, 02:17 PM
 
Location: In The Outland
6,023 posts, read 11,880,577 times
Reputation: 3535
Talking Old friend found.

I just found one of my old good friends from my teenage years who I thought I would never see again and here is a YouTube sample of his bands music.

YouTube - Fidalgo swing
 
Old 05-19-2010, 03:07 PM
 
Location: In The Outland
6,023 posts, read 11,880,577 times
Reputation: 3535
Default More old stuff found.

I just found a web site about a rock festival that I spent eleven days at back in the day.
I actually do remember much of it. Holy smokes there was some wild stuff happening there. I do remember a few older business men showing up in suits, buying some pot and sharing it all who were near. It was funny to watch those guys getting loaded. Some sick stuff was happening on the stage between bands at times and I ended up getting my tent and backpack stolen.

Sky River Rock Festival and Lighter than Air Fair III
 
Old 05-19-2010, 03:17 PM
 
Location: Where the mountains touch the sky
4,894 posts, read 5,775,084 times
Reputation: 8271
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Please forget about that idea. I had a neighbor who had a coyote/dog cross and he didn't keep it tied or fenced in. What a nightmare of a dog that was and all the neighbors were pissed off.
Speaking of dogs now, it looks as though I'll be volunteering at an animal shelter soon. I hope I don't get bit, you know what they say,
"No good deed goes unpunished"
I second that. Coyotes are not dogs, they are Canines, but that is where the similarity stops.

If you go through with this, make sure you have lots of liabilty insurance and I really hope you don't have any kids around that might try to pet it once it's grown.

You might want to check with the state fish and game department as well as collecting game animals or birds like canadian geese may be against the law, such as unlawful taking of wildlife.
You may have to be licensed to have exotic animals.
JMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:46 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top