U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-30-2009, 11:06 AM

6,438 posts, read 7,338,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
LOL Five, that was a good one! Respect the long and low
It is not too bad this morning, very wet snow, unusual for the dry prairie. Looks like it will be watering the wheat fields by the afternoon. Now woollies can mean a type of chaps worn by the cowboys here. Just thought I would toss that one out.
Wooly Chaps | Hair On Chaps
here is a fun site about them.
Oughta be a good harvest after all this global warming comin' down on the fields, eh? Assuming we get any growing season!

Whoa, them's some purty chaps. Pricey too... outta my league for sure! But gives me an idea... use a couple of those $35 lambskins from Costco and an old belt and voila, woolly chaps!

Old 04-30-2009, 06:54 PM

6,259 posts, read 8,439,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHorses View Post
$1000+ for a white angora "wall hanging"?!! (An alternative use apparently.... for people with more money then sense and no cats. )

Ah, you have to laugh - white + horse = not white anymore.

7.... have you seen that ad with the daxie and the tennis-ball throwing machine? Never fails to crack me up.
oh yes!

YouTube - Jerry needs no help playing with his ball.

LOUD, turn down your speakers!

Old 04-30-2009, 06:57 PM

6,259 posts, read 8,439,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I guess I'll have to hold my nose and take my medicine ! I really don't like the taste of cherries. Thanks ya all.
Oh about the woollies, that reminded me of a girl my buddies and I knew all too well when we were teenagers. I think she was middle eastern or something. We called her the woolly mammoth behind her back, we were really bad ! She also had a major uni-brow !
Haha! Now here is your smack

Old 04-30-2009, 08:36 PM

6,040 posts, read 6,579,836 times
Thank you, I needed that ! Kind of like the V8 commercial.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:27 AM

1,688 posts, read 3,762,650 times
Aww - thanks 7. Gotta love Jerry.

Rickers - you made me think of an ad that must have been on ... oh, crikey, maybe in the late 70's or so. Remember the ad for prune juice where the person would say "Prunes??!!" and then laugh maniacally. Haven't thought of that one in a while.

But I do still have to add "Muncha-abuncha-muncha-buncha Fritos go with lunch." whenever anyone does say "Fritos".

Old 05-01-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHorses View Post
Aww - thanks 7. Gotta love Jerry.
Rickers - you made me think of an ad that must have been on ... oh, crikey, maybe in the late 70's or so. Remember the ad for prune juice where the person would say "Prunes??!!" and then laugh maniacally. Haven't thought of that one in a while.
But I do still have to add "Muncha-abuncha-muncha-buncha Fritos go with lunch." whenever anyone does say "Fritos".
You said "Oh Crikey", hey I use that one all the time ! You sure you aint been using my "Hair Treatment" ?
I grew up (yea right) in southern California in the 50s and 60s and still remember (quite a feat for me these days) a milk commercial for Golden Arrow Dairy staring Johnny Downs. He danced on giant milk bottles singing "We go west, west, west, We go east, east, east." Back in those days milk was delivered to your door in returnable glass milk bottles plugged with a pog and the top covered with pleated paper cover. Those were the days when a bakery called Helms Bakery would go into the neighborhoods ( like the ice-cream trucks) with fresh breads, doughnuts etc. Their cream filled cupcakes were great.
We used to make a joke out of their name. We said;
"You son of a biscuit eater, Go to Helms bakery"

Old 05-01-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
You said "Oh Crikey", hey I use that one all the time ! You sure you aint been using my "Hair Treatment" ?
I grew up (yea right) in southern California in the 50s and 60s and still remember (quite a feat for me these days) a milk commercial for Golden Arrow Dairy staring Johnny Downs. He danced on giant milk bottles singing "We go west, west, west, We go east, east, east." Back in those days milk was delivered to your door in returnable glass milk bottles plugged with a pog and the top covered with pleated paper cover. Those were the days when a bakery called Helms Bakery would go into the neighborhoods ( like the ice-cream trucks) with fresh breads, doughnuts etc. Their cream filled cupcakes were great.
We used to make a joke out of their name. We said;
"You son of a biscuit eater, Go to Helms bakery"
Geez, I haven't seen neighbourhood delivery of milk or bakery products since I lived in Moorhead MN in the early 1960s. Cass-Clay Dairy delivered our milk every morning... a quart of milk cost a quarter -- they used these newfangled square-topped paper cartons (http://www.cassclay.com/museum3.html - broken link) that made everyone look at them funny.

Milk sure was better then... maybe it didn't keep as well but it was richer and tasted better. Now I think they worry too much about skimming it exactly to just 4% butterfat, and of course the taste of aging sterilized milk does not bear discussion....

Last edited by Reziac; 05-01-2009 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: bad aim :)

Old 05-01-2009, 02:38 PM

The best tasting milk I can find now is Darigold whole milk. It tastes like cream.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:49 PM

1,688 posts, read 3,762,650 times
Quote:
You sure you aint been using my "Hair Treatment" ?
Well, it obviously works since my hair's down to about an inch above my waist.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
The best tasting milk I can find now is Darigold whole milk. It tastes like cream.
It was always good stuff, as I recall...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana