U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-31-2010, 08:04 AM

271 posts, read 264,953 times
Hey Rez....You sure yer neck ain't red??? LOL

Old 05-31-2010, 09:06 AM

6,040 posts, read 6,535,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plantlover View Post
I think it is a house right over the water.....
Yes and you can not drive to it. I remember when a retired Judge cruised by the houses when the tide was up and the level was close to the level of the decks. He noticed more than a few agricultural experiments in full view so he cooked up a plan. I think he was going to run for mayor or something.
One nice peaceful day an army of storm troopers hustled down the trails and rickety stairs down to the community and systematically started searching the cabins. They had two buses ready up on top, in the parking lots waiting to haul all the hippies, artists, musicians, gay folks, poets, old war vets, and maybe a few old drunks to the hoosegow for breaking the law. The raid was a failure due to the fact that the residents were tipped off. I think the raid cost the city of Tacoma over $60,000.00
The judge did not win any election and life went on. The one we lived in was the second one over from the big blue roofed house. Originally they were tents on decks called camps and this is where the Chinese workers who dug the train tunnel going through Point Defiance stayed Many of the beams under the houses were originally from the remains of "galloping gurdy" the mile long wooden suspension bridge that almost everyone has seen in an old film showing it coming apart in high winds.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdreamer View Post
I think Reziac's neck may be a bit a bit multi-colored, I know mine is.
My mother always told me that I could be anything I wanted to be, (I think she had doctor, lawyer etc in mind). I chose to evolve into an odd combo of old surfing beach bum, a shotgun toting redneck and a picture sharing jokester.

Here is another old pic of my rig when it had a white shell in a desert slot canyon wash. The folded anticline seen on the canyon wall is an interesting geological feature. This pic was taken in the largest state park in California.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:02 AM

6,426 posts, read 7,298,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I think Reziac's neck may be a bit a bit multi-colored, I know mine is.
Worse, mine changes from day to day. Red, green, striped...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
My mother always told me that I could be anything I wanted to be, (I think she had doctor, lawyer etc in mind). I chose to evolve into an odd combo of old surfing beach bum, a shotgun toting redneck and a picture sharing jokester.
I think our moms would both describe us two as "devolved"

Old 05-31-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdreamer View Post
I'm not sure. Last time I tried to check, my mirror stopped working!!

But lest I feel alone, there's the landbound species too:
Missouri Trailer Trash

Old 06-01-2010, 11:56 AM

271 posts, read 264,953 times
As usual, love the pics and the story Rickers! Thanks for sharing them.
Rez... what can I say??? LOL!

Old 06-01-2010, 01:36 PM

17,628 posts, read 22,043,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
I'm not sure. Last time I tried to check, my mirror stopped working!!
It didn't just stop, it give up.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:39 PM

Haha, good story Rickers

Here's the bridge and its assorted ancestors and descendants:
Tacoma Narrows Bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacoma_...s_Bridge_(1940) includes video --
quite something, it looks like someone twirling a ribbon back and forth.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
It didn't just stop, it give up.
That could be. It did look a mite tired... waitaminnut, that's me lookin' tired in the mirror... now I'm confused. What am I looking at again, and who's that lookin' back at me??

Old 06-02-2010, 11:32 PM

Thumbs down Shysters can make a guy lose sleep !

It's raining it's pouring, this codger should be snoring. Does anyone else who hangs out on the porch have trouble sleeping ?
I often stay up late but I'm beat. I slept OK last night but after being awake for forty hours straight.
I guess getting hit with unexpected (health related) expenses as well as some other frustrating things like slammers and scammers (by a few so called reputable and popular companies I wont name here) can have unpleasant effects on a person. We keep having to go to the bank and have them deauthorize unauthorized debits from our account. Freaking shysters **** me off.
I think our parrot really likes where we dwell now (and I do too), she looks out the window and talks to the parade of springtime migratory songbirds. She has also suddenly started talking a whole lot more. I think she has about a ten word vocabulary including my laugh now and is placing her words in up to five syllable cute quips !
I ain't staying up like that again, "G'nite all", ------------Crash----
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana