U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2010, 07:50 PM

6,258 posts, read 12,916,782 times

Advertisements

I does seem to be a bottomless pit. Oregon is following in the same footsteps.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:25 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,546,154 times
Has anybody gotten word when summer is supposed to be here? We're getting ready to load up the trucks here in the next week or so and this weather is certainly not cooperating! Thankfully though we've not had the usual "final hurrah" snow storm (biting tongue) that we usually get the first or second week of June... On the other hand if we had I'd know winter was almost over...
We just got the final clearance on our repo house purchase with only the appraisal left to go but unless the appraiser says it's worth $0 I doubt that's going to be an issue.

There's something to be said for buying in the "half off" state, unbelievable house prices are everywhere there if you're willing to hold 'em for a time (how long is yet to be decided).
Still don't get why the banks create more roadblocks then bridges when it comes to buying 'em...

Old 06-10-2010, 09:21 AM

7,543 posts, read 12,606,885 times
Default Something the Montana Legislature should consider

79th Texas Legislature, 2006

An Act Regulating the Hunting and Harvesting of Attorneys

370.01 Any person with a valid in-state rodent or snake hunting license may also hunt and harvest attorneys for recreational and sport (non-commercial) purposes.

370.02 Taking of attorneys with traps or deadfalls is permitted. The use of United States currency as bait, however, is prohibited.

370.03 Stuffed or mounted attorneys must have a state Health Department inspection for rabies and vermin.

370.04 The willful killing of attorneys with a motor vehicle is prohibited, unless such vehicle is an ambulance being driven in reverse. If an attorney is accidentally struck by a motor vehicle, the dead attorney should be removed to the roadside, and the vehicle should proceed immediately to the nearest car wash.

370.05 It is unlawful to chase, herd or harvest attorneys from a power boat, helicopter or aircraft.

370.06 It is unlawful to shout, "WHIPLASH!", "AMBULANCE!", or "FREE SCOTCH!" for the purposes of trapping attorneys.

370.07 It is unlawful to hunt attorneys within 100 yards of BMW, Mercedes or Porsche dealerships, except on Wednesday afternoon.

370.08 It is unlawful to hunt attorneys within 200 yards of courtrooms, law libraries, health clubs, country clubs, hospitals or brothels.

370.09 If an attorney gains elective office, it is not necessary to have a license to hunt, trap or possess the same.

370.10 It is unlawful for a hunter to wear a disguise as a reporter, drug dealer, pimp, female legal clerk, accident victim, bookie, physician, chiropractor or tax accountant for the purpose of hunting attorneys.

370.11 Bag and possession limits of attorneys per day:

(1) Yellow-bellied sidewinders, 2;

(2) Two-faced tortfeasors, 1;

(3) Back-stabbing divorce litigators, 3;

(4) Horn-rimmed cut-throats, 2;

(5) Minutiae-advocating dirt bags, 4;

370.12 Honest attorneys are protected under the Endangered Species Act.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Has anybody gotten word when summer is supposed to be here? We're getting ready to load up the trucks here in the next week or so and this weather is certainly not cooperating! Thankfully though we've not had the usual "final hurrah" snow storm (biting tongue) that we usually get the first or second week of June... On the other hand if we had I'd know winter was almost over...
We just got the final clearance on our repo house purchase with only the appraisal left to go but unless the appraiser says it's worth $0 I doubt that's going to be an issue.

There's something to be said for buying in the "half off" state, unbelievable house prices are everywhere there if you're willing to hold 'em for a time (how long is yet to be decided).
Still don't get why the banks create more roadblocks then bridges when it comes to buying 'em...
and then it usually goes with some type of "flood plain"

Old 06-10-2010, 06:23 PM

gosh I hate it when I cannot rep someone, Rez that was just plain funny.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:53 PM

299 posts, read 486,504 times
Default ... The last day of lawyer hunting season .. As we look in, we see our local boys have finally caught one ...

... "Well, we finally bagged one."

... "Take our picture standing over him."

... "Ok .. on three ... 1, 2, .. 3"

... "WE WEREN'T READY!!"

... "Well, it was the last picture on the roll, so its what you got."

... "HEY .. WHAT'S GOIN ON HERE."

... "IT'S THE GAME WARDEN !!!"

... "WE DON'T HAVE A LICENSE !! ... DON'T ARREST US !!"

... "Why me? ....."

... "Don't panic, fellas ... you don't need a license to hunt lawyers."

... " WE DON'T?"

... "Lawyers have been declared a public nuisance."

... "And you don't need a license to hunt a public nuisance."

... "Let me have a look at him."

... "Nice one .. what technique did you use."

... "We shined a light on him.. shoulda seen him scurryin' around... Finally got all tired out.. Works every time with defense attorneys."

... "What's your plan now?" .. "You gotta release him."

... "We've been tryin'.. Even tried yellin 'pro bono' at him.. But no go."

... "Hmmmm, that shoulda done it.. Let me check him out .. #117 "

... "Here's your problem.. He's not a defense attorney anymore.. He's a personal injury attorney now.. more money." ... " I got an idea."

... "Get him on his feet .. and turn off that light."

... " TORT REFORM !!! "

... " WOW .. LOOK AT HIM GO !! "

... " Thanks, warden."

... " My pleasure, boys. .. See you next season."

tiberius

Old 06-10-2010, 09:00 PM

4,023 posts, read 4,730,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Actually, yes. Downgraded to class C credit risk, I forget how many billions in debt even after a major tax increase, and when I watched the State Senate at work for 3 weeks a couple years ago, they did nothing but vote FOR anything that spent money, especially if it was needless nonsense -- so what do they expect??!
Well, we are going to have quite a few top-selling Chinese Amway reps visit California this summer, so maybe that'll pad a few bank accounts.....too bad they are not mine...(maybe my last name was Disney in another life, eh?)..... The first ones have come and gone--they wanted more Rodeo Drive to buy the real thing rather than sightseeing......

Yesterday, (or the day before), I posted a new thread about University of Montana......tell me the pros and cons.....tell me anything....I'm all ears.. So far, only one response......from grizzfan......

Old 06-10-2010, 09:02 PM

299 posts, read 486,504 times
Default " Never hunted lawyer before .. is it anything like snipe? " ...

Great post Rez.. It kinda got me inspired .. Hope you don't mind some local boys given up snipe hunting for a night and giving lawyers a go.

tiberius

Old 06-10-2010, 10:16 PM

7,543 posts, read 12,606,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
... "Well, we finally bagged one."
Oh man, that was just TOOOOO freakin' funny, especially with all the little portraits so we can keep track of who's talkin'!!

Old 06-10-2010, 10:51 PM

18,696 posts, read 36,459,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Yesterday, (or the day before), I posted a new thread about University of Montana......tell me the pros and cons.....tell me anything....I'm all ears.. So far, only one response......from grizzfan......
Don't be disappointed. It's summertime so students are out practicing and doing the things they learned last semester....... Yeah, right. They are out drinking a beer, swimming in the lake, skiing behind that boat that is going way to fast for the beer they already drank. In other words, they are currently bored with summer cause their is nothing to do.
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]CD Home page[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"][COLOR="seagreen"]TOS (Terms of Service)[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/107997-search-function-using-search-function.html"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]How to Search,[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]FAQ's[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/70589-guide-guide-city-data-posting.html"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Guide[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/wyoming/"]Wyoming[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/montana/"]Montana[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/north-dakota/"]North Dakota[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/south-dakota/"]South Dakota[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/guns-hunting/"]Guns and Hunting[/URL]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana