U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-19-2010, 12:48 PM

299 posts, read 307,260 times

Advertisements

I think micro bursts have been found to be at fault for some aviation crashes, too.

Hey Rez.. didn't I see a couple recipes for goat in that cookbook you wrote.. It might be time to work on an all goat cookbook.. Of course, you'd have to come up with some goats for research.. Just try to include at least one recipe where the goat's wrapped in bacon..

WHAT ?? ... Bacon's GOOD for you .. HONEST. ... Someday you'll ALL thank me for pushing bacon consumption so hard.. You'll all be saying ... " You know .. tiberius SAID bacon was good for you ..... and he was right !!"

tiberius

Old 06-19-2010, 02:16 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,758,895 times
Default The mother of all micro-bursts !

My old buddy crashed his car from a micro-burst.
The micro-burst was him having to sneeze real bad and when he did, his eyes closed for a second and he hit a parked car !

Old 06-19-2010, 02:27 PM

We went down to the hydroplane races, (we could hear them from where we dwell) and one of the boats hit a hunk of debris and damaged the boat. They called the race off and now our town is full of people and boats, cars parked all up and down the highway with lots of folks just wandering around. I'm going to have lunch and then go fishing.
I'll post a few pics of the boats when I get around to it. I'm hoping they re-open up the racing. I didn't get a chance to get any good shots of the boats flying, they are very hard to track with the telephoto zoom extended while they're moving.

Old 06-19-2010, 02:29 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,640,472 times
Yes, I've heard that it is impossible to sneeze without your eyes closing at the same time.......

Old 06-19-2010, 05:08 PM

Default Personal Safety Alert !! ...

That's so your eyes won't pop out .. When I was in first grade, a fourth grader told me that.. Since even I knew that fourth graders know everything, I figured it had to be true.. I've sneezed alot since then, and still have both my eyes.. So I figure, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

tiberius

Old 06-19-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
So I figure, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Well something broke at the races today. Maybe they will resume on Sunday if it's meant to be. Here are a few pics I took today.
Now I have the bug and want to build and race small hydroplanes !
I would have to win the lottery or something because this sport is way expensive.

A nice view of one of the contenders.

Flying on the surface of the seldom glassy Noxon Rapids Reservoir.

This plane was buzzing about over the regatta coarse.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:10 PM

Default Girl with leukemia needs cord cells or bone marrow to survive...

Many of you have probably seen this story on your Yahoo homepage..
Hockey player

I guess she's getting worse.. They need umbilical cord cells or bone marrow from a person with similar heritage: German/Russian-Ukrainian ... I know there are people with that heritage in Montana and North Dakota.. So, if anyone who reads this knows of someone who fits that profile, and is about to deliver a baby .. maybe you could pass this on to them.. The doctor will save blood from the umbilical cord and pass it on to Mandi's doctors.. You never know where you'll find the right match.. It could be in the middle of Montana or North Dakota.. The girl's from Saskatchewan, so she's sort of a neighbor.. And she plays HOCKEY..

I know she's only one of millions.. I wish I could save them all.. But once in a while its nice to be able to save even just one..

Here's a link to her site, if you know someone who can help:
http://www.natashasplace.org/Mandis_Jump.html

The more I read about being a bone marrow donor, the more I wish everyone would join up.. Somewhere there's a child who's life could be saved.. Someone's son or daughter.. Maybe even your own.. Here's a site with some general info.. Its for New Jersey, but it was very informative as to the process..

Frequently Asked Questions about Bone Marrow

Thank you,
tiberius

Old 06-19-2010, 07:46 PM

6,488 posts, read 7,506,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
I think micro bursts have been found to be at fault for some aviation crashes, too.
More likely that was due to high-flyin' goats.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:46 PM

Default FAA manual, appendix XIX, page 424 ... "goats"

Rez... GREAT PIC of the flying goats.. If you get any pics of flying PIGS in trees, let me know.. I've made alot of promises involving them.. I can just hear a conversation between an airliner and an air traffic control tower on that one...

THUD !!!

(co-pilot) .. " What was THAT? "

(pilot) .. " I don't know.. It sounded like it was on your side.. Look out the window."

(co-pilot) .. " THERE'S A GOAT STICKING IN OUR ENGINE !! "

(pilot) .. " VERY professional, John.. I'll make sure to include that in your next evaluation."

(co-pilot) .. " I'M SERIOUS.. THERE'S A GOAT IN THE STARBOARD ENGINE !! ".. OH MY GOD.. WHAT'S THAT COMING TOWARDS US "

(both pilots) .. " A HERD OF FLYING GOATS !!! "

(co-pilot) .. " THEY'RE GONNA HIT US !! "

THUD .. THUD .. THUD .. THUD.. THUD THUD THUD .. THUD

(pilot) .. " Tower .. This is flight 217 requesting an emergency landing."

(tower) .. " What is your emergency 217."

(pilot) .. " We been hit by a herd of goats.. Our flight capability has been compromised."

(tower) .. " Could you repeat, 217.. It sounded like you said a herd of goats.. Did you mean a flock of geese."

(pilot) .. " Negative on that, tower.. You heard correctly.. A herd of goats."

(tower) .. " Its a federal offense to use this channel for anything but official air traffic business."

(pilot) .. " Understood, tower.. Stand by for an offical message from one of the goats." ........ " BAAAAA "

(tower) .. " GOOD GRIEF ... FLIGHT 217 .. YOU'RE CLEAR FOR EMERGENCY LANDING ON RUNWAY 3 .. DO YOU COPY?"

(pilot) .. " ROGER THAT, TOWER .. RUNWAY 3."

(tower) .. " Uh, I'm not sure how to file this.. What kind of goats are they?"

(pilot) .. " Not really up on my goats, tower.. but from their coat, and the structure of their hind legs I'd say 'Chevre naine de Savanes'."

(co-pilot) .. " WOW !! "

(tower) .. " OK .. French or Spanish variety."

(pilot) .. " Hard to say, tower.. I don't think they have passports "........ " LA BAAAA " ........ " But I'm gonna guess, French."

(co-pilot) .. " One of them's waving a small white flag, captain ... I think they're surrendering."

(pilot) .. " A confirmation on the French origin, tower."

(tower) .. " Roger that, 217 ... That makes them international .. Please taxi over to the customs module after landing."

----------------------------------------------------------

With Rickers all worked up over hydroplaning now, I can just imagine him in one of his fishing kayaks, with 500 horsepower of Evinrude attached to the back of it ... flying across that lake.. And all the local animals stopping their eating to watch him flash by.. One deer says .. "That's GOTTA be Rickers." ..... another says " There's NO WAY that's gonna end well." ..... and the first one says " See, I TOLD you this was a good spot."

tiberius

Old 06-20-2010, 03:59 AM

4,022 posts, read 2,731,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
More likely that was due to high-flyin' goats.
Are these your trees that they are killing or is this just a pic?

I can't believe it! Wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana