U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-01-2010, 01:10 AM

6,259 posts, read 8,684,625 times

Advertisements

Ok, I am officially done with thunderstorms....
Look in the pics thread to see what I drove under the other day...

Old 08-01-2010, 01:31 AM

18,048 posts, read 23,059,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Ok, I am officially done with thunderstorms....
Look in the pics thread to see what I drove under the other day...
See how lucky you are??? If you stayed home, you'd only get to see one bad storm in the evening. But driving you can see 4 or 5 in an evening. We should be so lucky.

Power has been knocked out twice this evening here.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:21 AM

6,038 posts, read 6,877,878 times
Some guy told me once during a huge thunderstorm that lightning never strikes more that once in the same location. As he said that as we were looking out a window at a building that had a lightning rod on it that just got hit with a bolt of lightning. I said "you want to bet on that ? The dumb cluck said he would bet ten bucks if I could prove it. I said I could and about five seconds after I said that another bolt hit the lightning rod right as we were still looking out the window. I gave him a glare and held out his hand and he immediately pulled a ten out of his wallet and gave it to me !
I will make a bet but I do not gamble.
I won a $100 bet about a dog once but that story I'll tell later.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
See how lucky you are??? If you stayed home, you'd only get to see one bad storm in the evening. But driving you can see 4 or 5 in an evening. We should be so lucky.

Power has been knocked out twice this evening here.
I know, I just quit trying to reset all the blinking clocks

Old 08-01-2010, 09:30 AM

Rickers when I go to LV I just put money on the table and walk away because I am going to lose anyway

Old 08-01-2010, 12:05 PM

6,488 posts, read 7,619,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
I know, I just quit trying to reset all the blinking clocks
My computers are on UPS (uninterruptable power supplies, basically a big battery with surge protection) and everything else in the house is on a surge protector, cuz I got tired of replacing transformers and TVs (well, one TV). You can use a UPS for light or clocks too, and with those LED type lights a good consumer-grade UPS (1000VA or thereabouts, about $100 at Costco or Sam's) should have a lot of hours in it. Safer and easier than candles, if less romantic.

Old 08-01-2010, 12:11 PM

6,488 posts, read 7,619,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Some guy told me once during a huge thunderstorm that lightning never strikes more that once in the same location. As he said that as we were looking out a window at a building that had a lightning rod on it that just got hit with a bolt of lightning. I said "you want to bet on that ? The dumb cluck said he would bet ten bucks if I could prove it. I said I could and about five seconds after I said that another bolt hit the lightning rod right as we were still looking out the window. I gave him a glare and held out his hand and he immediately pulled a ten out of his wallet and gave it to me !
I will make a bet but I do not gamble.
I won a $100 bet about a dog once but that story I'll tell later.
LOL!! What did he think lightning rods are FOR?! Yeah, I'da said why don't you go stand in that little dip in the empty field behind my place east of Belgrade, the spot where a big one just hit, and see how long it takes you to get fried... every time it stormed that same spot got hit a dozen times. Wasn't more'n 150 feet from my window so I had a hellacious view (and nothing better to look at til the power came back on!) Dunno what was buried there that was so attractive but I felt no urge whatever to dig it up and find out.

Old 08-01-2010, 12:53 PM

Maybe a meteorite?
You would be rich!!

Old 08-01-2010, 01:07 PM

6,038 posts, read 6,877,878 times
Cool Been Watching tons.

I can't get as much fishing in as I'd like because I need to stay close to my wife. She is still all stove up from a fall she had last winter. The weather has not exactly been the nicest we have seen this year either.
I keep catching trash fish but since I've been spending so much time at home we have been watching a ton of movies. How many movies make a ton I have no idea ! I think the best movies being made these days seem to be coming from the independent film-makers.
Here are a few of my recommendations for movie watching. They may not be your type of movies but we really enjoyed these. If you all decide to watch any of these be sure to check the rating as some of the films we watch have stuff you may not want your kids to see and hear.
I'll put a smiley after the ones we particularly enjoyed. We use Netflix instant view as well as having them send us the discs.
I love our new Samsung Blue-Ray player.

THE TRIAL -------------------------------- an oldie but an odd goody.
THE EDUCATION OF CHARLIE BANKS --------
THE SIMPLE LIFE OF NOAH DEARBORNE -----
CHER: THE FAREWELL TOUR ---------------- a musical.
HALL & OATES: OUR KIND OF LOVE --------- a musical.
AMEXICANO -------------------------------
NEO NED ----------------------------------
RADIO ------------------------------------
ROY ORBISON, BLACK AND WHITE NIGHT ---- a musical.
ZULU -------------------------------------- (didn't quite finish this one yet, (got distracted).
BARTON FINK ----------------------------- see Wiki link below.

At this time we are watching MOONLIGHT MILE. A bit of good music in that one.

Barton Fink - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The longest wiki page I've seen yet on a movie. This movie was made by the Coen Brothers and these brothers are very interesting. Below is the Wiki page on them. You may be surprised to see how many blockbusters these two guys have made. I think they own their own high end movie studio too, they do it all.

Coen brothers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-01-2010, 01:22 PM

If it is this ZULU
then I highly recommend it. Kind of like the Alamo.

Zulu (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have been watching this The Pillars of the Earth Television Event Series | The Official Website

Have you see this one?
Away We Go (2009)
Funny!

Rickers, Cher- the one they all imitate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana