U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2010, 11:38 AM

299 posts, read 486,694 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the compliment guys.. Don't know if I could sit down and write something on demand.. Never tried, though.. My stuff comes from somebody mentioning something, then it rings a bell in my head, and I'm off and running.. But you never know what the future holds...... I'd be tempted to write a story just for the wrap party we'll have after filming's done .. and I forsee one HELL of a wrap party.. (I hope we have those big shrimp .. and a couple things wrapped in bacon.)

I can just see Elkhunter pulling up to the red carpet at the big premier.. All dressed up in a tuxedo .. James Bond style .. with that big old beard, ....... driving his 4 wheeler.. He hops off and tosses the keys to the valet.. " Make sure you wipe your feet, I just had her detailed."

If the press gives us any grief, we'll turn the cousins loose on them.. (in fact, we may do that ANYWAY.)

Wurzig's daughter will have to take a couple acting courses at UM, cause we'll need her to play the lead co-ed.. (the one that DOESN'T get naked or killed)

Everybody has to come up with who's gonna play them in the movie .. except Rickers.. Don't know if we could FIND anyone quite like him.. WHAT THE HELL, we'll ALL play ourselves.. But just in case, we all oughta come up with an idea or two for an actor to play our parts .. maybe just for the dangerous parts.

Could definitely be some fun times..

tiberius

Last edited by tiberius; 08-12-2010 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: forgot title...

Old 08-12-2010, 01:02 PM

4,921 posts, read 5,810,997 times
Jeeze, leave you guys alone for a minute

It could be a very interesting movie, (depending of course on if Tiberius took his meds that day ).

If I were to be cast I would want someone to capture the real "inner me",
dashing, handsome, a hint of rougishnes, and a devil may care smile a real heart throb that would pack the theatre with beautiful young ladies......

I know! William Conrad!! Great voice, but would have to wear a wig because I have more hair

Oh wait, he's dead....

Have to start thinking again

Old 08-12-2010, 03:04 PM

Default "Meanwhile, back at the casting couch ..."

I LOVE WILLIAM CONRAD !!! ... I wish I owned the whole series "Cannon".. And that incredible voice from "Gunsmoke" on the radio.. ...... Great choice MTSilvertip.

Granted, he IS dead .. but our budget will be pretty low, so we'll probably have to make a few ...... allowances. .. ... Have his agent call me.

tiberius

Old 08-12-2010, 03:32 PM

6,023 posts, read 11,914,590 times
I've been hanging around this place shown below way too much because my wife is still working out the injuries from a fall last winter.
I need to stay close to home and it's causing boredom so I've been playing with my pictures a bit tooooo much.
I hope she doesn't end up like the person shown on the second picture I messed with.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TGRkpC2ExQI/AAAAAAAADCs/ZuGdj-6f99k/s512/IMG_0825.JPG (broken link)

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TGM6oPrjXhI/AAAAAAAADAA/jWcMQeOHfHs/s512/IMG_0866.JPG (broken link)

Old 08-12-2010, 04:21 PM

Default "... and James Arness as Matt Dillon."

Speaking about William Conrad and "Gunsmoke"....... Here's a little trivia.. Guess who played the role of Doc on the radio version of Gunsmoke ... Howard McNear. (Floyd the barber on Andy Griffith).

Here's a link .. its got some real interesting trivia on Gunsmoke.

Gunsmoke TV Show Cast Members, Trivia

tiberius

Old 08-12-2010, 04:23 PM

2,627 posts, read 4,957,348 times
Well, I returned from my road trip to Red Lodge, Montana a few days ago. We stayed in Port St. Joe, FL the first two nights at a beach house belonging to a co-worker. What a great community and beautiful, undiscovered beach!! We drove across Louisiana - stayed in St. Francesville - a wonderful old town with severaly restored plantations in the surrounding area. The town is filled with restored homes dating back to the 1800's. We spent the night in a cabin on the grounds of the Butler Greenwood Plantation. The next night we stayed in Fredricksburg, TX in the hill country. It is a cute town - sort of touristy. The next night we stayed in Las Vegas, New Mexico in an old, restored hotel, La Plaza. Then we drove up to Taos, walked around a bit - too touristy for me. We then headed out and spent the night in Saratoga, Wyoming. What a neat town! The next morning we visited their hot springs and the great dog park - my friend brought her two labs!! The next day we drove through Wyoming on beautiful, scenic, no traffic state highways. What a beautiful area! I liked it - surely not for everyone - but the sagebrush, wildflowers, sort of dry or desert vegetation - no cactus, though. Wide open spaces and mucho miles between gas stations! I can certainly believe that Wyoming is the least populated state. Not sure if I would like it in the winter, though. We arrived in Red Lodge, Montana that evening and got settled. I stayed for 6 more days and then flew back to Miami last Saturday. I went on several hikes, visited Yellowstone, visited the community where my Great Aunt and Uncle lived many years ago (Powell, WY) and saw the Buffalo Bill Cody Museum in Cody. I didn't spend much time at all in any place but I would like to come back to places such as Lander, Wyoming and Powell. People are so friendly and I loved the small town atmosphere.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:47 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,297 posts, read 3,345,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn247 View Post
Well, I returned from my road trip to Red Lodge, Montana a few days ago. We stayed in Port St. Joe, FL the first two nights at a beach house belonging to a co-worker. What a great community and beautiful, undiscovered beach!! We drove across Louisiana - stayed in St. Francesville - a wonderful old town with severaly restored plantations in the surrounding area. The town is filled with restored homes dating back to the 1800's. We spent the night in a cabin on the grounds of the Butler Greenwood Plantation. The next night we stayed in Fredricksburg, TX in the hill country. It is a cute town - sort of touristy. The next night we stayed in Las Vegas, New Mexico in an old, restored hotel, La Plaza. Then we drove up to Taos, walked around a bit - too touristy for me. We then headed out and spent the night in Saratoga, Wyoming. What a neat town! The next morning we visited their hot springs and the great dog park - my friend brought her two labs!! The next day we drove through Wyoming on beautiful, scenic, no traffic state highways. What a beautiful area! I liked it - surely not for everyone - but the sagebrush, wildflowers, sort of dry or desert vegetation - no cactus, though. Wide open spaces and mucho miles between gas stations! I can certainly believe that Wyoming is the least populated state. Not sure if I would like it in the winter, though. We arrived in Red Lodge, Montana that evening and got settled. I stayed for 6 more days and then flew back to Miami last Saturday. I went on several hikes, visited Yellowstone, visited the community where my Great Aunt and Uncle lived many years ago (Powell, WY) and saw the Buffalo Bill Cody Museum in Cody. I didn't spend much time at all in any place but I would like to come back to places such as Lander, Wyoming and Powell. People are so friendly and I loved the small town atmosphere.
....Hey popcorn247............A couple of comments & questions about your trip.
Much of the area you drove through brought back a lot of memories. I used to travel (sales and project development work: {mining, timber & power plant industries), all over that country in the 1960s, 70's & 80s. I loved Saratoga, WY & Centennial, WY. Always carried a Flyrod in the vehicle....that highway #130 (all gravel in those days) that went east from Saratoga to Laramie, over the top of the "Snowy Range" was my favorite way to come home (back into CO from a week's trip in WY country.

Speaking of snow...........Red Lodge will get 2 to 6 inches of snow tonight.....latest forecast (NWS in Missoula) for much of S/W MT and areas along the MT/WY boarder (above about 7000') will be "white in the morning".
You got out just in time

One question: what route did you take to get from Taos to Saratoga? Did you happen to come up through Buena Vista, Kremmling and Walden Colorado? You should have seen that country back in the 1960's...fantastic!!

Glad you enjoyed your trip.......come on back up to Big Sky country again, but next time come up through Idaho and cross over into MT at Lost Trail Pass, and stay in one of the little cabins at Sula, MT.......you'll love it.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:42 AM

6,023 posts, read 11,914,590 times
Wink All in one day.

Well we're really going to cram a lot into this beautiful day. We have planned bungee jumping, skydiving, cliff climbing all in one day.
Happy Friday the thirteenth, ! I'll be back to report our adventures after we get out of the "Very Expensive Surgery Center"

Old 08-13-2010, 03:32 PM

2,627 posts, read 4,957,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post
....Hey popcorn247............A couple of comments & questions about your trip.
Much of the area you drove through brought back a lot of memories. I used to travel (sales and project development work: {mining, timber & power plant industries), all over that country in the 1960s, 70's & 80s. I loved Saratoga, WY & Centennial, WY. Always carried a Flyrod in the vehicle....that highway #130 (all gravel in those days) that went east from Saratoga to Laramie, over the top of the "Snowy Range" was my favorite way to come home (back into CO from a week's trip in WY country.

Speaking of snow...........Red Lodge will get 2 to 6 inches of snow tonight.....latest forecast (NWS in Missoula) for much of S/W MT and areas along the MT/WY boarder (above about 7000') will be "white in the morning".
You got out just in time

One question: what route did you take to get from Taos to Saratoga? Did you happen to come up through Buena Vista, Kremmling and Walden Colorado? You should have seen that country back in the 1960's...fantastic!!

Glad you enjoyed your trip.......come on back up to Big Sky country again, but next time come up through Idaho and cross over into MT at Lost Trail Pass, and stay in one of the little cabins at Sula, MT.......you'll love it.

I have my road trip notes at work but I think I can remember the route. We went north on 285 out of Taos, at Alamosa we went north on 17 continued north then got on 285 north. At Fairplay, Co, we went north on 9 to Kremmling, then north on 40 to 14 north to 125 into Wyoming (230) and to Riverside, WY then north on 130 to Saratoga. I think this is right. Saratoga is such a neat little town!!!!! The next morning we went north on 130 - this is where I saw so many pronghorn. We went to i-80, west there a few exits, then went north on 287 to Lander, WY - another nice town. 789 to Riverton, 26 to Shoshoni, north on 20 to Greybull, 14 to Cody, 120 into Montana, across to Red Lodge on 308.

The stretch or routes described above (the last day's drive) were the most scenic of the whole trip to Red Lodge. I loved the wide open spaces, interesting rock formations, etc.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:55 PM

6,258 posts, read 12,921,687 times
You were lucky to come in a year with so much rain. Hope you can make it back soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana