U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2010, 03:16 PM

35,108 posts, read 40,212,035 times

Advertisements

A quick update on my office procedures this morning. I had two cysts removed, technically the left cheek was something that started as a pimple and got all clogged and would not heal completely so I had it removed because it was constantly irritated. I have a one inch incision with real stitches that will be removed in one week. The other was a spot on my right calf in the front that has been there for about 20 years. It started as a bug bite and grew into a clogged, scar tissue filled area that has recently started being irritated all the time so I had it removed as well. I don't know what it looks like nor how big it is since I have not removed that bandage yet. There are also real stitches that will be removed in one week as well. I have to keep both areas clean and soft which means wash more than once daily, keep covered when doing any sort of work inside or out and use Bacitracin Zinc Ointment a minimum of twice per day. Local anesthesia was used and I am sure both will come back from pathology with negative of anything bad results.

Old 08-27-2010, 03:38 PM

4,911 posts, read 5,797,394 times
Good Luck on your medical proceedures CSD610.

I read the post over in the NoDak section, not surprising. There is always somebody waiting to kick sand in your face if you try anything new.

The idea you proposed isn't bad, cash flow may be a consideration, but a good place soon develops a regular clientele for afternoon break or coffee clatch in the morning or whatever.

Do you have any specific towns in Montana you may be interested in?

Lots of small towns to choose from, especially in the eastern side of the state.

A place to kick back and shoot the breeze with a piece of home made pie sounds pretty good to me anyway.

Old 08-27-2010, 03:53 PM

MTSilvertip, honestly I have not looked in Montana. Sneakers was looking in North Dakota to keep working a bit even though he retires in a few days. He is retiring from being an over the road driver but wants to do local runs to keep busy. I will mention it to him and see what he thinks and he and I will take a look together.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:11 PM

7,543 posts, read 12,602,054 times
A new issue of Horticulture and Home Pest News is now available.
In this issue:
--------------
- Plant and Insect Diagnostic Clinic Update - August 25, 2010
- Summer Swelter Stresses Iowa Lawns
- Preserving the Bounty of the Garden
- Why so Many Dragonflies?
- Galls on Oak Leaves and Twigs
- Mosquito Repellents are the Way to Go
- Giant Mosquitoes Invade Iowa

To view these articles, visit IC-501(15) -- August 25, 2010 | Horticulture and Home Pest News

(Good articles also relevant to Montana gardens and outdoors)

Old 08-27-2010, 07:16 PM

Local runs -- well, there's always the wheat harvest, the potato harvest, and other short-term trucking work of that sort. One of my cousins does this pretty regularly -- apparently it makes more money than farming There are also local moving outfits like Starving Students and... um, whatever one has the heart as their logo, that will take on part-timers sometimes. Eastern MT would not be too different from ND, other than being a bit drier, and the people being more spread out.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:27 PM

The best for me repellent for mosquitoes is Deep Woods Off Maximum it is 99.25% deet and is the only thing that will keep the little buggers from carrying me off to the family for supper, and breakfast, and lunch, and snacks, and left overs for the weekend.

Reziac, I will have to talk to Sneakers and see what he thinks. He hauls grain where we are now during harvest and is quite busy.

Old 08-27-2010, 08:39 PM

299 posts, read 486,352 times
Default CHAPTER 4 .. "Keeping Cool Under Pressure" .........

(Two guys sitting on the porch drinking beer, and looking pretty proud of themsleves.)

MT-7 ... YOU'RE BACK !!! ... How was your "trip".. It's been pretty quiet here on the porch.. In fact .. uh .. there's probably no reason to even bother reading back through the posts from when you were gone.. Just the usual boring stuff...... No sense putting yourself to sleep reading it... haha.. ... ( "I think she bought it, Rez." ... "She's pulling up C-D on her computer !")

.. REZ MADE ME WRITE ALL THAT STUFF !!!!! ...

tiberius

ps ... I was gonna come up with a finish for the story tonite ..... but I wasn't expecting you back till tomorrow..

Old 08-27-2010, 09:06 PM

If that's Seven... who the heck is that hanging from the roof of the Batcave??!

Old 08-27-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
I read the post over in the NoDak section, not surprising. There is always somebody waiting to kick sand in your face if you try anything new.
And when you run into flamers like that, it's usually a good idea to look up all their recent C-D posts and see if they do the same elsewhere. Most of the ilk that I've looked up have proved to be from some other location entirely (not even transiently from wherever they're trashing), but apparently cruise the whole board, seeking newbies (or anyone they disagree with) to spit on. They are not at all representative of the towns they purport to know so much about. The type exists everywhere that interactions aren't face to face. They're seldom worth getting exercised over.

Anyway... no doubt the Porch could use some of the Parlour's culture and refinement. I suggest we join forces... beer on the Porch and tea in the Parlour!

Old 08-28-2010, 01:18 AM

It is going to be a wee bit difficult to be on the porch having a beer AND in the Parlour having high tea.....LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana