Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2010, 10:47 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,674,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
We had a tornado on the ground down here. What baffles me is that normally you equate tornado's to hot temps. But our high yesterday was 66 degrees.
Amazing!!

Old 08-31-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
I know a weather watcher in Big Timber who thought that his neighbor had let the sprinker run over his rain gage because it had 2 inches of water in it Sunday afternoon, but then it also rained hard all day Monday.

I blew the 4 wheel drive out of my truck fighting mud near Livingston Sunday while trying to get some firewood out.

I don't know what is going on, but I don't remember this much rain in August for a long time!

I have been snowed out of camps a few times on Labor Day, but this is getting rediculous.

At least it keeps putting out the fires the Forest Service is setting near Helena
Good for the smoke jumpers.
Terrible for the combiners over here.
They are desperate to get into the fields.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:02 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,680,436 times
Quote:
We had a tornado on the ground down here. What baffles me is that normally you equate tornado's to hot temps. But our high yesterday was 66 degrees.
Tornado or micro burst?

Old 08-31-2010, 01:18 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Tornado or micro burst?
Tornado.

Old 09-01-2010, 04:05 PM

205 posts, read 729,307 times
Here's an article about tornado near Ten Sleep, Wyoming:

Northern Wyoming Daily News Worland Wyoming

Old 09-01-2010, 08:43 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,159,512 times
Quote:
Not so much high temps as large temperature gradients. You just happened to be on the cold side of this one!

Ugly regardless.. I tellya, we gotta get Mama Nature's hormones adjusted. She just won't quit throwin' things!

Old 09-01-2010, 09:07 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Rain all day today here, great weather to snooze

Old 09-01-2010, 09:24 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,159,512 times
Nah, rain is for looking out the window hoping to see whopping great lightning bolts

Old 09-01-2010, 09:51 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,527,926 times
Hi Everybody! Have you missed me? Just a little bit?
I glanced through the list every once in awhile but just didn't post because I didn't have a whole lot to say...and I wasn't in the best of spirits either.....my child has left me! waaaaa!

I've had a busy summer....my girl got through summer school and graduated with an AA about 3 weeks ago and then she and her best friend, who lives with us, flew off to Oahu for 5 days and had fun and then there was this annoying thing called packing, packing, packing......

Before the school trip, I went to CO. for awhile and bought some investment property....had to reinvest an investment that we sold.....not exactly what we wanted to do with the money but we didn't want to suffer huge taxes.....oh well, things work out in the end.....

ANDDDDDDDDDDDDD we just got back from Missoula a few days ago!

I don't want to get into trouble for writing things twice, so I will say that I made 2 huge posts on the 'freebie chat thread part 2' which talked a bit about the trip and the loss of my car key.....(if you care enough, please go read about my car key......for a California girl who has been burglarized, who is leary of everybody, the end of the story is unbelievable!)

We drove @ 2,600 miles total and were in 6 states...it is a LONG drive...(my kid was sick on the way up and my husband wasn't feeling very well either---different ailments though)...the first night we stayed in Pocatello and on the way back we made it as far as Cedar City or Cedar something in Utah. The people in Utah, Idaho and Montana were very, very nice. (After mixing with you guys, I KNEW the people in Montana would be......but you have to read my story about the key, I tell ya!)

The UM campus is beautiful and my girl likes it. They are heavily into football...(Go Griz! I close my eyes and see nothing but a sea of burgundy now)..so much so that I thought I was in Texas. It's going to be a different life for her, (school just started and she's a bit too overwhelmed to be homesick yet), but she has a great view from her dorm, (she's on the 11th story), and has made some friends already. The food is really good at the school and soooooo many choices! After going to parent orientation for 2 days, I KNEW that she chose the right school.....they genuinely like the kids......it was a good feeling..... It didn't make leaving her behind any easier, (don't get me started with the water works), but my gut tells me that she made a good choice.

It was fairly breezy the day we left....I am wondering if that was the day that you guys had the tornado.....

Her room mate is from Polson, (not sure if I spelled that correctly).

And even though some people don't like 'big town change', I was so happy to see that Missoula has Costco, Wally and Target, too! It made it easier to find the items to buy that didn't fit into my car.....

The area is so pretty........the river twists and turns all throughout the town....Adam Fork? Clark Fork? (or maybe the sign with Fork on it just meant that the river was turning??)...Seems like one river had the word 'Black' in it..but that could have been in another state...it's not like I went there to learn about rivers... People were fishing and also floating down in kayaks and tubes.....melted snow water for sure, but it looked so nice and relaxing......

We got to eat at Cracker Barrel and I got to have my okra! Yum! I also brought back some of those apples in the jars!

We also ate at a yuppie pizza place, but I don't like yuppie pizza.....I can't think of the name of the place right now.... But I remember that I had a Moose Drool beer........I had some help in drinking it though, even though he said he just wanted a sip.....

We also ate a hamburger at 5 Guys or 2 Guys or whatever.......it was really, really good! And it wins hands down over IN N Out, no contest. (Ft. Collins has one, too, so we'll eat there someday!) We have learned that they have one somewhere in S. California, but not close to our house.......we plan on finding it with some friends in a couple of weeks or so... Next time I will order one from the Baby Burger column though......I got way too full....

Thank you all for your help, continuing friendship and advice......I miss her but she made an excellent choice!
(I didn't see any panhandlers while I was there, but I wasn't out looking for them day and night either.....I was too busy looking for my key......LOL)

Old 09-01-2010, 10:16 PM

Aww, that is so great. Reminds me of all my "first" Three of mine all went to the U of Oregon, it doesn't get much more granola than that. LOL! The times I have driven through Missoula it reminded me alot of Eugene Or.
Glad you enjoyed your trip, now do something good for your self and have a little cry now and then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana