U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-07-2009, 04:31 PM

6,259 posts, read 8,562,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHorses View Post
There was a priceless one on the WY thread... someone looking for the whole "vibrant" artsy fartsy this and that along with an excellent public mass transit system.
You know you gotta wonder?

Old 05-07-2009, 05:36 PM

6,488 posts, read 7,480,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Jeff Smith, the "Frugal Gourmet" chef often used the term "Norwegian Nightmare" when describing how the regional foods were all white with white sauce on white plates. Unfortunately his propensity towards young men caused his downfall, he was one who I looked to in the early days of cooking to understand the blandness my dh did and does seek.
It isn't necessarily "seeking blandness". Your DH is probably a supertaster (as I am) who can distinguish very subtle flavours which "normal tasters" can't even tell are there. Supertasters can enjoy what seems bland to others, but is full of flavour to us -- even stuff like plain soda crackers. OTOH it also means that strong and hot flavours are too much or even unbearable.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:44 PM

3,327 posts, read 1,994,708 times
Hey, here's a wild idear...
how many of the porch members have RVs?
How about we attempt to find a mutually acceptable time when we can all meet at a more or less centrally located place?
Possible sites;
Dead Man's basin (near Ryegate); Ackley Lake State park (near Hobson); any such place sort of in the center of the State, State Parks the best bet for nightly fees, USFS campgrounds next, I assume all of us are not qualified to use the Famcamp at MAFB; KOA or other such RV parks last resort due to cost.
Whatcha think?

Old 05-07-2009, 05:54 PM

6,488 posts, read 7,480,582 times
Other online groups have had annual picnics, and by all reports a good time was had, with much blackmail material being collected

Old 05-07-2009, 06:07 PM

1,436 posts, read 2,030,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Dead Man's basin (near Ryegate); Ackley Lake State park (near Hobson); any such place sort of in the center of the State, State Parks the best bet for nightly fees, USFS campgrounds next, I assume all of us are not qualified to use the Famcamp at MAFB; KOA or other such RV parks last resort due to cost.
Whatcha think?
BLM land... it's FREE. There's all kinds of other free places to camp too. Nothing better than boon docking ... with or without an RV ! Got to be by some water though. And if in the middle of the State... might as well make it some with Walleye in it .

It was brought up a few months ago about a river float somewhere... I'm sure that one will pop back up here soon.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
It isn't necessarily "seeking blandness". Your DH is probably a supertaster (as I am) who can distinguish very subtle flavours which "normal tasters" can't even tell are there. Supertasters can enjoy what seems bland to others, but is full of flavour to us -- even stuff like plain soda crackers. OTOH it also means that strong and hot flavours are too much or even unbearable.
Yes I have suspected as much for years, we do call a truce and have existed for over 26 years. Interesting kid 2 has the same preference. Too bad they do not know what they are missing.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:59 PM

Good Saturday neighbors, grilling dinner in the east here My many years of west coast drizzle seem like a well worth price to pay for just a week of this sun. Lots of little calves in the fields, I even saw two very young foals on the hi-line while traveling yesterday. Just the slightest hint of green covering the wheat fields, all is well.

How is it going in your neck of the woods? Lots of them big ole JDs on the road with their huge plows.

Old 05-09-2009, 06:15 PM

193 posts, read 287,380 times
4" of rain in 4 hours yesterday with darkest of clouds and wind to go with it. Trees are full of leaves and weeds are growing... The humidity is apon us.... Lake is getting busy with weekenders and boats. On water bars have bands Thursday through Sunday... Ahhhhh the tourist season....

Headed to "Shrimp Daddy's" tonight for some bacon wrapped shrimp and horseradish sause. Maybe some gator teeth too. Makes an icey BudLight lime go down smooth...

Later.

Old 05-09-2009, 06:22 PM

Just in case you did not remember,

Old 05-11-2009, 07:38 AM

193 posts, read 287,380 times
Yes, hope all the Mothers out there had a day of rest and know they are loved and appreciated.

Coffee sure tastes good this morning and a touch of that hazlenut creamer makes it even better.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana