U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-12-2010, 12:18 PM

1,981 posts, read 2,685,634 times

Advertisements

I just found the BEST, spicy pickles at the grocery store.....speaking of pi@@ and vinegar... they are called "Wickles".

Old 09-12-2010, 12:27 PM

4,022 posts, read 2,773,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn247 View Post
I just found the BEST, spicy pickles at the grocery store.....speaking of pi@@ and vinegar... they are called "Wickles".
Dang it, I can NOT get used to your new name! I have to click on the pic of your mangrove or desert island or whatever that is and THEN I know!

I like pickles, all kinds! We canned them when I was growing up......we canned a lot of stuff......

Old 09-12-2010, 12:36 PM

6,038 posts, read 6,882,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
(Yesteday, on QOTD, we were asked what type of egg we would be. I put scrambled with a lot of hot salsa on it.)
I am reading this while eating scrambled eggs with hot sauce on them !
Really.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Dang it, I can NOT get used to your new name! I have to click on the pic of your mangrove or desert island or whatever that is and THEN I know!

I like pickles, all kinds! We canned them when I was growing up......we canned a lot of stuff......
The "island" is just a group of tall coconut palms. They are in a botanical garden - where I work. Just a photo I took early one morning.

The Wickle pickles are spicy - certainly cleared MY sinuses!! Is it gettin any cooler up in Montana? Our days down here are still in the high 80's to low 90's every single day. Why it might get down to 78 at night! Woweeeee!! NOT!

Old 09-12-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I am reading this while eating scrambled eggs with hot sauce on them !
Really.
I buy those big jars (I guess you call them 'jars') of Louisiana Hot Sauce for my husband.....if he is not eating a fresh jalapeno, he is putting that sauce on everything!

I put Pace Picante on my eggs...or else sometimes fresh salsa....and a lot of other stuff.

I truly rate a Mexican restaurant on how good the salsa is.....

Old 09-12-2010, 12:51 PM

9,343 posts, read 16,959,143 times
Quote:
Wickles pickles and other Wickles products.

Old 09-12-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
The "island" is just a group of tall coconut palms. They are in a botanical garden - where I work. Just a photo I took early one morning.

The Wickle pickles are spicy - certainly cleared MY sinuses!! Is it gettin any cooler up in Montana? Our days down here are still in the high 80's to low 90's every single day. Why it might get down to 78 at night! Woweeeee!! NOT!
I like that picture.....it's like a postcard.....what a great place to work! Your education did you good, girl!

There is a nice arboretum in Arcadia, CA....quite a few acres....it used to be 'country', but it's right in the middle of town now. It was Lucky Baldwin's home..(one of the founders of Arcadia)..seems like it was his summer home, I can't remember. There are peacocks all over the place and sometimes neighbors complain.....I don't blame them, they squawk at odd hours and birds can get messy... Anyway, do you remember Fantasy Island, 'de plane, de plane, Boss!'. Well, that was filmed there....there is a pretty, white, lacey-looking Victorian 'cottage' and that's the house in the TV show.... They filmed a lot of Johnny Wiesmuller (I am sure I spelled that wrong, but I'm lazy and don't want to look it up), Tarzan movies there, too.....

The last time I checked Missoula last night, it was @ 54...... It is getting cooler, but it's 'pleasant'. I am sure she is still wearing her flip flops a good part of the time..... She has 3 pairs of Uggs though and she probably wore one of those the day it rained.... She has some rainboot types of Uggs, too......(different brand), that we bought when we checked out Colorado State in January.....we City Slickers R US be prepared!

She is fashion-conscious, kinda sorta..... When we were gathering things to pack, I talked to her about hats/caps.... She went to our Target and bought a loosly-crocheted beret...when I saw her choice, it was all I could do to not split a gut laughing...(while she was in Oahu, I washed and packed 2 beanies and a thick neck scarf)....and in Missoula, I went to Costco and got her some very good gloves and one thermal-weave pullover Henley...(she took warm gloves, but they are suede)...she'll thank me when she is freezing her butt off...

Old 09-12-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
I like that picture.....it's like a postcard.....what a great place to work! Your education did you good, girl!

There is a nice arboretum in Arcadia, CA....quite a few acres....it used to be 'country', but it's right in the middle of town now. It was Lucky Baldwin's home..(one of the founders of Arcadia)..seems like it was his summer home, I can't remember. There are peacocks all over the place and sometimes neighbors complain.....I don't blame them, they squawk at odd hours and birds can get messy... Anyway, do you remember Fantasy Island, 'de plane, de plane, Boss!'. Well, that was filmed there....there is a pretty, white, lacey-looking Victorian 'cottage' and that's the house in the TV show.... They filmed a lot of Johnny Wiesmuller (I am sure I spelled that wrong, but I'm lazy and don't want to look it up), Tarzan movies there, too.....

The last time I checked Missoula last night, it was @ 54...... It is getting cooler, but it's 'pleasant'. I am sure she is still wearing her flip flops a good part of the time..... She has 3 pairs of Uggs though and she probably wore one of those the day it rained.... She has some rainboot types of Uggs, too......(different brand), that we bought when we checked out Colorado State in January.....we City Slickers R US be prepared!

She is fashion-conscious, kinda sorta..... When we were gathering things to pack, I talked to her about hats/caps.... She went to our Target and bought a loosly-crocheted beret...when I saw her choice, it was all I could do to not split a gut laughing...(while she was in Oahu, I washed and packed 2 beanies and a thick neck scarf)....and in Missoula, I went to Costco and got her some very good gloves and one thermal-weave pullover Henley...(she took warm gloves, but they are suede)...she'll thank me when she is freezing her butt off...
I have visited that arboretum- it is the L.A. County Arboretum (Los Angeles) and saw the Victorian house. They still have lots of peacocks (peafowl - actually). They had a wonderful huge herb garden.

Old 09-12-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
I have visited that arboretum- it is the L.A. County Arboretum (Los Angeles) and saw the Victorian house. They still have lots of peacocks (peafowl - actually). They had a wonderful huge herb garden.
Yep, that's right! I think he deeded it over when he died or something...seems like he outlived everybody in his family...maybe his daughter died of a fever, maybe his wife died of a fever or chldbirth, I can't remember....I always learn this stuff and pack it away and then my brain gets full and I hold my head sideways and excess info falls out of my ear canals....

Have you been to Huntington Gardens? Pasadena. (San Marino, actually). They are by his 'house'. There are several gardens.....there is a pretty Japanese garden... I especially like a huge walkway with a lot of wisteria growing over it.....it gets a lot of bees, but it's pretty. They also have that very stinky plant there that only blooms once every 10 years and it smells like dead bodies or something. It's in a pot. I've seen it, but never when it's blooming. His 'house' houses Pinkie and Blue Boy.

Old 09-12-2010, 01:42 PM

I used to live near Arcadia......every once in awhile I'd have colorful parrots in my trees, too. There were all kinds of stories......one of them was that a pet store caught on fire eons ago and they all escaped, became wild, yadda, yadda....

Okay, we're having an open house again today.....and I need to empty trash and make a bed.....have a good one, all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana