Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2010, 05:32 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,901,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Hey, does that mean if I damage the pod, my clone gets charged instead of me??

Killed rattler #50 this morning ... one of the feral kittens came running round the end of the barn looking at me like "Boss, come quick! there's a monster!!" (with dad-cat right behind him, and he's usually pretty smart about what's what) so I went to look and there it was.
My ex-mother in law was a cook on a ranch down on the Powder River. Visited her once and she had a hug garden. She asked if we wanted some cucumbers. Told her Sure. When we got to the garden, she had two stove pipes leaning up against the gate post. She said, "Wait here, do not come in the garden." Then she slipped the stove pipes on her legs and went out picking cucumbers. We heard, Tink, Tink, Tink... About 6 times in the 10 minutes she picked a basket full of cuc's. Rattle snakes striking her legs. She said, "At first, it took some getting used to." I'll say. lol

Old 09-18-2010, 06:27 PM

8,083 posts, read 15,086,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubtingdreams View Post
No way! 50!!!! Why do you have so many?? I would walk on stilts.
That's the total for the past 8 years (I gotta update the trophy case one of these days) but ... anymore I don't get excited, I just get a shovel.

However, the one I located by stepping right on it did cause a remarkable leap into the air

Old 09-18-2010, 07:28 PM

299 posts, read 563,847 times
Default UH ... speaking of snakes .........

Glad we're on a snake topic cause I think I'm about to have a snake problem.. Here's a pic of the one heading towards my place.. ( PLEASE LOOK AT PICTURE TO UNDERSTAND MY PROBLEM ) Not really worried about stepping on him, more worried about him stepping on ME.. I could sure use a bunch of those guinea fowls .. a WHOLE bunch .. or maybe just one 2000 pound one.. ... HEY, maybe if I feed him he'll just go on his way.. It's worth a shot.. Anyone got a 500 pound rat I can buy?......

tiberius
Attached Thumbnails
Let's visit.....-rattler-unknown-size-intentions.bmp  

Old 09-19-2010, 12:29 AM

35,095 posts, read 50,990,220 times
Another whirlwind trip to Iowa Thursday, spent the night, Sneakers talked to his potential employer for about 15 minutes and he starts Tuesday in Iowa. Came home Friday and we have literally been on the go since we left for Iowa on Thursday. He will be going in his truck and doing whatever he can until Walter (the dog) and I can find a place to live in Iowa and we get moved. Until then he is there, we are here and YAY (on that part only). Thank goodness it is temporary and once I get there and get settled in and find a job Sneakers will not be running as much as when I am not there. Then maybe we can actually start having a life together again. I've been neglecting pretty much everything at the current home and on the computer because we have been so busy. It will remain pretty much the same until I find a place and we get moved and settled in. I have a lot of packing to do yet again and arrangements etc. etc. The rent on the current home is paid until October 15, 2010 so I hope to be able to be moved before then but we shall see. We have decided to hire a professional cleaning company to come to the current home after we have everything out and in the truck and have them clean the entire house top to bottom. A bit expensive for sure but it will be well worth the expense this time. We will also make sure the property is mowed if it isn't too wet to mow and we will be headed to Iowa. I love packing and moving, seriously I do, no really, I do love it, for the sixth time in 4 years I absolutely, positively LOVE PACKING AND MOVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-19-2010, 10:44 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,624,948 times
How about moving on from snakes, I grew up around them in the south
If you were following our pack animal tales here is an interesting article from the Billings paper. Enjoy and happy Sunday.

Ninemile pack string a unique gear-hauling group

Old 09-19-2010, 11:28 AM

6,023 posts, read 13,999,223 times
Default My Symbolic Picture ~♥~

Rain, rain, rain. Holy schmoley when will it end ? Heck I would have stayed in Tacoma if I wanted weather like this !
In the dozen years or so that I've lived in Montana I have never seen it rain so much, seemingly never ending.
One of our local papers had an article recently about a lion chasing some folks house cat right on into the home ! (And that wasn't the tabby bringing a new friend home)
Below is a little ditty I cooked up with text symbols and icons on a rainy day. I call it "Symbolic". ♥

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TIrCbnOs2DI/AAAAAAAADt0/1OiTsOlQp60/s576/IMG_1066.JPG (broken link)

Old 09-19-2010, 11:30 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,096,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
How about moving on from snakes, I grew up around them in the south
If you were following our pack animal tales here is an interesting article from the Billings paper. Enjoy and happy Sunday.

Ninemile pack string a unique gear-hauling group
Thanks for the good link. I had tried to read the article earlier this morning from the online version of the Billings Gazette (I check it regularly) but was unable to read the actual article....I even registered and it still didn't work.

What a life - I did a bit of hiking in the Absaroka-Beartooth wilderness areas when I was staying in Red Lodge last month. It is a beautiful area! I miss it already!!!

Old 09-19-2010, 11:52 AM

8,083 posts, read 15,086,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Rain, rain, rain. Holy schmoley when will it end ? Heck I would have stayed in Tacoma if I wanted weather like this !
In the dozen years or so that I've lived in Montana I have never seen it rain so much, seemingly never ending.
Spring of 1982 was nuts too. It rained solid from April thru June, we thought it would never end! And when it finally did the finale was a hailstorm.

I'm not sure what the heck that thing is either, it looks like a Persian rug gone mad, or possibly a flying carpet. Where's the bottle with the djinn??

Last edited by Reziac; 09-19-2010 at 11:54 AM.. Reason: I didn't like the first words, so I used different ones.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:53 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,493,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
My ex-mother in law was a cook on a ranch down on the Powder River. Visited her once and she had a hug garden. She asked if we wanted some cucumbers. Told her Sure. When we got to the garden, she had two stove pipes leaning up against the gate post. She said, "Wait here, do not come in the garden." Then she slipped the stove pipes on her legs and went out picking cucumbers. We heard, Tink, Tink, Tink... About 6 times in the 10 minutes she picked a basket full of cuc's. Rattle snakes striking her legs. She said, "At first, it took some getting used to." I'll say. lol
I would have had a heart attack! Maybe she needed some peacocks or the ugly birds.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:56 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,493,370 times
My kid is in Polson again this weekend......I wonder if she is getting any snow or rain.......wonder if my California kid has finally ditched her flip-flops for the season....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana