U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2010, 07:46 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,524,455 times

Advertisements

So, we've got a few proposed designs for wrapping our ice cream trailer. I'd love some input on what y'all think we should go with.
Number 1
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb173/jimj59/TD-trailer-passenger-side-3.jpg (broken link)

Number Two
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb173/jimj59/TD-trailer-passenger-side-32.jpg (broken link)

Number Three
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb173/jimj59/TD-trailer-passenger-side-2.jpg (broken link)

Number Four
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb173/jimj59/TD-trailer-passenger-side-22.jpg (broken link)

Number Five
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb173/jimj59/TD-trailer-passenger-side-1.jpg (broken link)

Number Six
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb173/jimj59/TD-trailer-passenger-side-12.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-07-2010, 08:04 AM

451 posts, read 847,767 times
The first one is the best one, according to my 60-year-old tastes.

mg

Old 10-07-2010, 08:08 AM

7,543 posts, read 12,599,522 times
I like the 2 Dips central logo part, with the cone as the I -- works great.

I have mixed feelings about the backgrounds. I like the old-fashioned arcade look of the stripes but it's also lacking something. Maybe try the "clutter of frozen stuff" from the top models, with the stripes from the bottom model? (the very bottom one has a more attractive border)

Also I'd try to avoid having a window under the rocket-icecream thingee (I guess that's a window??) -- move either the thingee or the window

From a marketing standpoint, the top one is probably the most visible and obvious to the customer. On further review, I think that one is going to get you more business than the others.

Also I'd list "ice cream cones, popsicles" first in the text. Those will likely be your biggest sellers to average folks, and most people stop reading about halfway through any headline or label. You don't want them thinking you're only a smoothie-and-yoghurt vendor, which is probably a smaller market.

Last edited by Reziac; 10-07-2010 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: more thinkin'

Old 10-07-2010, 08:15 AM

7,543 posts, read 12,599,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So, we move to a place with supposedly no known natural disasters and wouldn't you know it... 4 tornados yesterday and golf ball to baseball size hail pretty much statewide.
My son's new car looks like it was attacked with a ball peen hammer! Boy is he ticked, car was parked at his dorm and when he went out yesterday morning dents everywhere. 20k miles and it may be a total loss...
Ouch Sounds like you got our used thunderstorm from last weekend, and by the time it made AZ it was in a durn foul mood

Old 10-07-2010, 08:48 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,524,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
I like the 2 Dips central logo part, with the cone as the I -- works great.

I have mixed feelings about the backgrounds. I like the old-fashioned arcade look of the stripes but it's also lacking something. Maybe try the "clutter of frozen stuff" from the top models, with the stripes from the bottom model? (the very bottom one has a more attractive border)

Also I'd try to avoid having a window under the rocket-icecream thingee (I guess that's a window??) -- move either the thingee or the window

From a marketing standpoint, the top one is probably the most visible and obvious to the customer. On further review, I think that one is going to get you more business than the others.

Also I'd list "ice cream cones, popsicles" first in the text. Those will likely be your biggest sellers to average folks, and most people stop reading about halfway through any headline or label. You don't want them thinking you're only a smoothie-and-yoghurt vendor, which is probably a smaller market.
Yeah, we're adjusting the text as we're not selling yogurt or some of the other items. We are also looking at using fractal art as the background (do a google search, it's great stuff) or lightening art. The stripes were a bit too "carney" for us but that's just us. We're adding a scoop to the "I" since it is after all two dips.
Can't move the window since it's already there. The pic's are our actual trailer with the art photo shopped on.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:57 PM

4,023 posts, read 4,728,023 times
I think the 'brightest' one, (the one that will catch the eye the most), is #3.

That is TERRIBLE about his new car! Poor kid! All the stress of school and now his car!

Old 10-07-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Our backyard is a feedlot and bed down sanctuary for many deer and they are always back there except ~~~~ now.
It seems that they are everywhere until a few days before hunting season begins they seem to sense it and go into hiding.
That's exactly right. My sister has a lot of deer on her property and they suddenly disappear.....they KNOW!

Old 10-08-2010, 09:49 AM

451 posts, read 847,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
That's exactly right. My sister has a lot of deer on her property and they suddenly disappear.....they KNOW!

Their disappearance around here nearly always follows on the heels of a loud bang. I thought that was the cause, but what do I know about such things?

mg

Old 10-08-2010, 11:26 AM

6,023 posts, read 11,899,738 times
There were a lot of my neighbors "adjusting their sights" in their backyards lately !
We have a major deer highway behind or place and we are still seeing them but they are skimming the edges of the open areas staying just inside the forest edge. There isn't much space between the river and the mountains that go straight up except the highway and a strip of woods with houses scattered about.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montygarlic View Post
Their disappearance around here nearly always follows on the heels of a loud bang. I thought that was the cause, but what do I know about such things?

mg
LOL My sister lives in northern California....a mountainous area. She's had her house for about 15 or more years..... She has a huge galvanized tub that she fills with water for them and sometimes she gives them table scraps or buys alphalfa.....they love melon rinds.. She's got her favorites and names them...(and no, none of them is named Bambi)....they come back year after year.....she watches them change over time.....one older one had a club foot but he finally disappeared.... (could be that a cougar got him, I dunno)..

For some reason, they KNOW......they disappear for a few months and KNOW when to return.... She won a lot of photography awards in her younger years, (i.e., when she was single, no children, and had time to do something for herself), and is like Rickers.....she has an eye for capturing the moment... She has taken pics of a lot of the deer.....

Her husband hunts, but he does not hunt her 'pets'.....he goes out of state.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana