U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2009, 08:00 PM

258 posts, read 397,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Hey jimj, is it ok for me to bring my cousins by ? Theys mighty thirsty !
Can we say inbreeding. That looks like mom and son had grandchildren toghether. Oh my!!!!!!!

Old 06-14-2009, 09:02 PM

6,023 posts, read 11,868,216 times
Talk about inbreeding, I was in Whitefish today and had lunch at a Chinese restaurant. A large family came in straight from church (all dressed up) The whole famdamly looked identical and took over 5 minutes to figure out how to put two tables together. I overheard some of their conversations of the ones who were "with it" enough to engage in some form of conversation. Large foreheads, lots of mouths hanging open and drooling. Extremely pedestrian nonsense conversations, etc. It takes a lot to shock me but I am still astounded by the extreme inbreeding that was obvious in that very large family.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:44 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,452,692 times
Hey Rickers you should have dm'ed me that you were going to be in aspenfish, I'd have met you there (unless you were on an undercover mission that is)! Which chinese place did you go to and how was it?

Old 06-15-2009, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullmoose View Post
I have a friend that wants to move back to Montana. She loves it there. She lived in or near Missoula a couple of times. I haven't lived anywhere cold for a really long time. I'm not high maintenance, but I do like a lot of the creature comforts. Would Montana be a real culture shock for someone coming from the sunbelt?

Not trying to start anything. That's why I posted in the "let's visit" thread, and not the I love/hate Montana thread I figured people here might be friendly, not full of trickery.
Bullmoose, it depends on what you call "creature comforts" for one. On the west side we do get cold (again depending on what you're idea of cold is) at times to the tune of -40 but it's generally only for a short time and only a couple of times a season. Normally it hovers around the low 20's to mid 30's. The biggest problem here is it's grey for weeks on end then you'll get a wonderful sunny 20 degree day or two then it's back to grey.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
The biggest problem here is it's grey for weeks on end then you'll get a wonderful sunny 20 degree day or two then it's back to grey.
That's one of the many reasons my wife and I moved to "Mayberry Montana" !
The chinese place we ate at is next to where the golf coarse used to be just south of Whiteflesh. They got a new chef or something and I doubt we will ever go back. We also wrote off Bajio, freaking awfull !

Old 06-16-2009, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
That's one of the many reasons my wife and I moved to "Mayberry Montana" !
The chinese place we ate at is next to where the golf coarse used to be just south of Whiteflesh. They got a new chef or something and I doubt we will ever go back. We also wrote off Bajio, freaking awfull !
I'm told by a guy that used to live in China that the place called "China Wall" which is in the same strip mall as Subway in Aspenfish is in his opinion "the best you're going to find in the flathead". Safeway is opening this week and it'll have a china express in it. If those people follow the recipies it ain't bad for fast food.
As for Piggyback bbq in Aspenfish, what didn't you like?

Old 06-16-2009, 08:18 AM

The brisket was tough as rubber, I should have tried the pork. I'm just way too spoiled from having fantastic BBQ down south. I am also rarely happy with any seafood anywhere except when I'm eating seafood in a coastal area. I lived for 10 years at Salmon Beach in Tacoma where I could catch salmon from my front porch. There isn't a road down to Salmon Beach either, you have to park on top of the bluff and walk down steep goat trails or rickety steep stairs to get to the houses. I could tell some pretty wild stories about that place. I bought two houses down there for 7 k and 11 k. I saw a large house go on the market there recently for 500 k. Who would spring 500 k for a place that has a high risk of being crushed or pushed into the narrows by a landslide ! A landslide hit right next door to my place and I watched as the Madrone trees flew past my window in the light of snapping power lines snapping from the trees coming down the bluff. The next day I had several baseball sized rocks on my roof and on my side deck !

Old 06-16-2009, 07:55 PM

6,258 posts, read 12,886,345 times
You have Madrone trees? My favorite!
Here a bush qualifies as a towering oak!

Old 06-16-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
You have Madrone trees? My favorite!
Here a bush qualifies as a towering oak!
Montana does not have any Madrone trees, those are found on the coastal areas of the pacific northwest and all over the Puget Sound area in Washington state. They remind me of giant Mansanita with the red bark and all. The green wood sinks in water it's so dense and wet.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:19 PM

6,258 posts, read 12,886,345 times
oh, ok, I wondered about that, had lots of them back in Oregon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana