U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2009, 06:39 AM

193 posts, read 407,984 times

Advertisements

Jimj, congrats on the sale! We have been fighting the same problem for over a year. I hope the buyers have their financing in order, at this time getting the $$ from the underwriters is like taking fresh meat from a momma bear with pms. Best wishes for a smooth closing and congrats on your plan coming together. We are just a few months away from moving out your way.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:41 AM

6,023 posts, read 11,911,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
It sold in a month so I guess it's ment to be so now it's off to TN and a bit cheaper cost of living.
Congratulations on the sale. What part of Tennessee are you moving to ? That's where my cousins live ! I think they may want to go on a river float and catch some catfish. They'll use old worn out banjos for paddles !

Old 07-20-2009, 02:56 PM

107 posts, read 511,073 times
triple digits in montana? really?

how long are the summers, typically, in montana?
----------------

let me clarify, how many days over 100, typically, in montana (specifically, in your town).
and how many between 90-100?

Old 07-20-2009, 03:45 PM

6,023 posts, read 11,911,328 times
I can remember quite a few summers that had a few days over 100 deg when I lived in Hot Springs on the CSKT Rez. Montana has a very "long" thermometer.
Hey I just discovered a new hobby, and I can make a few bucks with it.
Scamming the scammers, or scam baiting ! It all started with me placing an add on Craigslist for an apartment for rent. A few 419 Nigerian scammers pounced and I decided to play them along for fun and to waste their time as well as tick them off when I got tired of playing them ending it all with a nasty email to them telling them off. Well I played one along to the point where they sent me the forged check thinking that I had fallen for their scam. I turned the check over to my bank and got a $25. reward. My bank said I could do it again so I have three more scammers on the hook right now ! This is fun, pi$$ing off dirt-bag scammers and making a few bucks doing it. Anyone wanting to try this keep in mind that if you receive a fake check don't handle it in a way that prints are smeared. Open the envelope very carefully and pinch the edge of the envelope as well as the check when handling them. The object of the reward is to get those prints on file and hopefully bust the scammers. The banks fraud department may pass the check along to the FBI or Interpol for fingerprinting. You have to be careful when baiting scammers so as not to break any laws or give a defendant an opportunity to claim he was entrapped. You also have to have a bullet proof anti virus program as scammers can be vindictive I've heard !
Here is a link to a site I found by googling "scam the scammers".

Ebola Monkey Man: Nigerian 419 Scam This guy plays scammers along for weeks and months making them look like fools and posting the email dialog on his website, it's hilarious.

Last edited by Rickers; 07-20-2009 at 05:05 PM..

Old 07-20-2009, 08:52 PM

6,258 posts, read 12,919,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waggie View Post
triple digits in montana? really?

how long are the summers, typically, in montana?
----------------

let me clarify, how many days over 100, typically, in montana (specifically, in your town).
and how many between 90-100?
Here is a good site for general info.
Climate in Montana

Old 07-21-2009, 06:48 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,553,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Congratulations on the sale. What part of Tennessee are you moving to ? That's where my cousins live ! I think they may want to go on a river float and catch some catfish. They'll use old worn out banjos for paddles !
We're looking at eastern TN right now. Haven't decided on north east or south east yet but we're going next week to look.
Hey, congrats on the scamming thing! Love people who "give back"!

Old 07-21-2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Jimj, congrats on the sale! We have been fighting the same problem for over a year. I hope the buyers have their financing in order, at this time getting the $$ from the underwriters is like taking fresh meat from a momma bear with pms. Best wishes for a smooth closing and congrats on your plan coming together. We are just a few months away from moving out your way.

Thankfully they're cash buyers! We're told by our loan person that it isn't qualifying for the loan that's the problem for buyers now it's the house appraisal not showing the house to be worth what the buyer/seller agree it's worth to the point that many loans are getting denied.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Thankfully they're cash buyers! We're told by our loan person that it isn't qualifying for the loan that's the problem for buyers now it's the house appraisal not showing the house to be worth what the buyer/seller agree it's worth to the point that many loans are getting denied.
Good Deal!! Yes, appraisals are coming in way low I have seen some come in over 12% lower than the already reduced agreed price. I have also seen over and over again the underwriters kick the loan back for re-appraisals. They have even requested that you must use one or more sold foreclosure homes for comps on the appraisal. I am happy for you! I have a friend trying to close on his re-fi, they have canceled his closing at the actual closing table twice now. It is not his credit, his wife is an accountant and they are good as gold. They have been working on closing this loan for 4 months.

Best of luck looking in TN. While you are down this way we will be up your way looking for our next place to reside..

Old 07-21-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Good Deal!! Yes, appraisals are coming in way low I have seen some come in over 12% lower than the already reduced agreed price. I have also seen over and over again the underwriters kick the loan back for re-appraisals. They have even requested that you must use one or more sold foreclosure homes for comps on the appraisal. I am happy for you! I have a friend trying to close on his re-fi, they have canceled his closing at the actual closing table twice now. It is not his credit, his wife is an accountant and they are good as gold. They have been working on closing this loan for 4 months.

Best of luck looking in TN. While you are down this way we will be up your way looking for our next place to reside..

My loan broker was telling me that lease/options have become very prevelent in TN just for that reason. People are saying "if the banks want to play games then to heck with 'em, we'll just work around them". Using that option you totally avoid the banks process and as long as you do your homework I don't see where it'd be a bad idea.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
My loan broker was telling me that lease/options have become very prevelent in TN just for that reason. People are saying "if the banks want to play games then to heck with 'em, we'll just work around them". Using that option you totally avoid the banks process and as long as you do your homework I don't see where it'd be a bad idea.
Agreed! I have a friend with a ranch for sale in MT. His realtor and he has decided to offer owner financing with it to Qualified buyers. We plan on looking at this option too and we will have 20 to 30% down. I am so sick of the lies, and hoops the underwriters are pitching I would even pay a bit more to bypass the BS.. Some lenders may be in for an eye opener for the way they are treating good people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana