Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2009, 03:28 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,067,614 times

Advertisements

Good news ! The "cousins" just had a baby. We aren't sure which of the cousins is the father but we do know that a close relative was the mother. Here is a picture of the little guy who will grow up holding true to this proud family tradition of "keeping it in the family"

Old 08-21-2009, 06:20 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,676,883 times
Rickers, your relatives...
it is pretty cute!
I was reading about a lady looking to move to No Dac and I invited here over, lots of questions about weather and ect.
Oregon is going down the drain..
Any way,
lots of sun here, grilling tonight!

Old 08-21-2009, 07:59 AM

I came real close to buying a place near Coquille once. They did a good job of painting the house to cover up the water line from a flood. I looked at the trees in the yard and saw how high the water came by the flood water marks on the trees. If I were to buy any property in Oregon today it would have to be in that far northeast corner in that Wallowa region, that area hasn't gotten Califoregonated yet. Hey I just made up a new word ! I'll send my cousins over to the folks at Merriam Webster, maybe they can convince them to add my new word to their dictionaries.
We have no clouds to speak of now and I'm hoping it will stay dry for a few days, I'm in the middle of a roof coating project. We are thinking about making the drive to East Glacier later today via some of the back roads of the Blackfeet Reservation for some photos and to eat at Serrano's before they close for the season. They let us have Peekaboo with us when we eat out on the patio.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:30 PM

Now that sounds like fun, I am impressed that you know where Coquille is, quite the world traveler,
Should be around 90 before the end of the day

Old 08-21-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
quite the world traveler
I wouldn't say that because I've only been to Canada and Mexico outside of the USA but I've been to a lot of states roaming about. I thumbed from San Fransisco to Nashville in three days once. It took me another three days to thumb from Nashville to Greenville North Carolina on the same trip. I had hair longer than Willie Nelson then and everyone would look over, then lock their car doors when I was trying to get out of Nashville. I should have done what David Spade did in the movie "Joe Dirt" when he was hitch-hiking.
Hold a sign that says "Not An Axe Murderer" !

Old 08-21-2009, 04:03 PM

19,723 posts, read 10,497,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Good news ! The "cousins" just had a baby. We aren't sure which of the cousins is the father but we do know that a close relative was the mother. Here is a picture of the little guy who will grow up holding true to this proud family tradition of "keeping it in the family"
poor kid!

Old 08-21-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I wouldn't say that because I've only been to Canada and Mexico outside of the USA but I've been to a lot of states roaming about. I thumbed from San Fransisco to Nashville in three days once. It took me another three days to thumb from Nashville to Greenville North Carolina on the same trip. I had hair longer than Willie Nelson then and everyone would look over, then lock their car doors when I was trying to get out of Nashville. I should have done what David Spade did in the movie "Joe Dirt" when he was hitch-hiking.
Hold a sign that says "Not An Axe Murderer" !
If that was in the early 80's I might have passed you

Old 08-22-2009, 12:11 AM

I think it was 1969 or 1970 and I was just starting to do a lot of leather crafting and doing silver and gold work. My girlfriend was going to school and we were living in sin ! There was a co-habitation law and we were arrested for soliciting door to door without a licence selling our craft-work at the university dorms. We had a marriage licence in my girlfriends purse and were planning a big stressful wedding and when they were booking us for the $25.00 offence we whipped out this marriage licence and asked the magistrate when he was done booking us would he marry us. We had six of Greenville's finest for witnesses and the best man was a candle maker neighbor who was arrested with us. Yes we were in the local paper in a small article titled "Couple turns arrest into matrimony" ! My X wife still has the clipping all yellowed and fragile after all these years.
After she graduated we both thumbed back to the west coast and we had a few wild adventures along the way, really wild, way to wild to talk about here.

Old 08-22-2009, 02:10 AM

You gotta write a book

Old 08-22-2009, 08:30 AM

Maybe I should, I have a lot of wild stories for an autobiography. I almost started a short story and I was going to title it, "Hurry up before we get caught".
A good old friend came to visit for several days and we decided to go on a river float in little plastic kayaks from Lake McDonald outlet in Glacier Park to the confluence of the Middle Fork Flathead River and the North Fork.
The park was rebuilding the Quarter Circle Bridge and there were signs saying that floating down McDonald Creek was prohibited. We were already getting swept down the creek and didn't want to struggle back against the current so we all just said "screw it were going anyway" I looked back at the lollygaggers and said "Hey you guys, hurry up before we get caught". My buddy is a federal law enforcement officer and if we did get caught he may have lost his job.
The river float was great so far and we would repeatedly joke to each other "Hurry up before we get caught" laughing our asses off, then we came to the little bridge under construction and the creek was blocked with a buoyed line and equipment. We had to portage our boats across the parking area and put back in to the Flathead down a steep bank. The construction workers in their orange vests and hardhats saw us dragging the boats and gear and decided to help us portage and lower the boats into the river down the bank. We all just busted up laughing when two of the workers said to us "Hurry up before you get caught" !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana