Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2009, 10:04 AM

193 posts, read 462,257 times

Advertisements

We did get into some local traffic trying to cross the road.
Attached Thumbnails
Let's visit.....-dsc01297-large-.jpg  

Old 08-09-2009, 10:09 AM

Just one more of the sunset right after a nice little rain shower. What a beautiful place and we are very happy and proud to finally call Montana home.
Attached Thumbnails
Let's visit.....-dsc01296.jpg  

Old 08-09-2009, 11:04 AM

8,084 posts, read 15,103,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Ok, I have been over to that smiley thread again, I think I am addicted.
Hope everyone is fine, we are getting back to more normal temps in the 90's today. Sure glad we missed the hail.
Careful with add-ons that touch the browser like that... remember that their site WILL log everywhere you use their toolbar (and maybe everywhere you go even when you don't use a smiley) -- it's free because its real function is to compile user demographics and browsing habits, and that data is then sold to advertising outfits (and may or may not include personally identifying info). Also, it's a rare add-on of this sort that doesn't eventually screw up the browser. (Incredimail is probably the worst culprit, but even stuff like Yahoo toolbar can have negative effects.)

And yep, sure glad y'all missed the hail!! Nothing sadder than a wheat field almost ready for harvest, with a big swath flattened by passing weather.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:54 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,637,580 times
Oh, thanks for the advice, I can always use it!
These came from CD community chat, I just copy/paste.
I am always nervous about browsers, and anything that says "download free______" A sure red flag!
Only use Google at the moment.
In two days the wheat has gone from deep green to a hint of gold, gotta take some pics.

Dang it Rez, I can never rep ya!

Old 08-09-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Just one more of the sunset right after a nice little rain shower. What a beautiful place and we are very happy and proud to finally call Montana home.

You will learn the obsession of trying to capture the perfect sunrise/sunset!
I have been trying since I got here to catch it!

Old 08-09-2009, 06:14 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,917,432 times
Well I'm off for TN again, this time to pick up a truck I bought while there last week and drive it home. One of those deals you just can't pass up. I'm waaaaaaaayy too cheap to pay to have it shipped considering airfare is only $310 and shipping was anywhere from $1400 to $2200. I could stay in a 5 star hotel, eat steak and fuel it with pure diesel additive every day and STILL come out cheaper. Oh well, one heck of a test drive right? Will y'all save some iced tea for me until I get back?
I'll see if I can't pick up some of that 'shine they do so well in TN.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
You will learn the obsession of trying to capture the perfect sunrise/sunset!
I have been trying since I got here to catch it!
They are all perfect. Some just photograph better than others!!

Old 08-09-2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Oh, thanks for the advice, I can always use it!
These came from CD community chat, I just copy/paste.
I am always nervous about browsers, and anything that says "download free______" A sure red flag!
Only use Google at the moment.
Google is pretty safe, and copy/paste is too, tho remember every toolbar reports your doings to its home base. Yep, any free download should be given the jaundiced eye, and regarded as evil until proven otherwise. Yeah, there's lots of good free stuff, but there's just as much that, even if not spyware or malware, will mess up your computer from sheer incompetence, so when in doubt, do without. -- I used to do computer repair housecalls, and generally the first part of the repair was uninstalling all the downloaded garbage!! (And the next was uninstalling Norton Antivirus, the #1 performance killer. Good for giving to your enemies!)

Quote:
In two days the wheat has gone from deep green to a hint of gold, gotta take some pics.

Dang it Rez, I can never rep ya!
Oh well, I'm just as happy to visit... and I'm lookin' forward to that series of photos you're gonna take... ...green wheat, ripe wheat, just after harvest, and first real snow with the wheat stubble standing above the layer of white... an absolutely stunning crystal-gold effect.

Hey, what digital cameras work good in the cold? My poor little Fujifilm (rebadged Olympus) stops working at about 50 degrees. Well, it was free so I can't complain too much, but it's not much use in the snow. When we got snow last winter (such an oddity here that I had to record it) I kept having to run back inside and warm up the camera!

Old 08-10-2009, 05:07 AM

Rickers is our resident photog extraordinaire! I too have to keep my camera inside my coat in the winter

Hubs is with you 100% on the Norton, also AVG
I am actually on my first vacation time off in over five years so I will get on that photo shoot. Looks like great weather this week. I am up now because I wanted to get a look at Mars since we finally have no cloud cover. The night sky is the second best thing about Montana.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
.I am actually on my first vacation time off in over five years so I will get on that photo shoot. Looks like great weather this week. I am up now because I wanted to get a look at Mars since we finally have no cloud cover. The night sky is the second best thing about Montana.
First congrats on the vacation, well deserved it sounds like. So I won't ask for help with the last load moving..

Tell me a bit more about the Mars thing? That might be something we want to look into for a new hobbie since we will have such a much larger area to view now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana