Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2010, 10:22 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Jane blew a tenny runner. They were 10 miles out of Eddie's Corner. I got on the internet, made some phone calls, found a ferrier willing to meed them at Eddie's Corner and reshoe the horses. Not bad. 320 miles on those shoes, mostly pavement.
I went to your site and read it, (thanks for that post, Reziac)......I am surprised that they haven't turned into popsicles already! Pioneers with cell phones.....too funny! Is she your daughter? I am glad that they are able to communicate with you though......and very glad that you were able to find a ferrier.

I hope you bought two pairs of glasses this time. On top of my reading glasses, I also have a cheap pair of those drug store glasses sitting here, too, just in case I can't find the others......but I am getting to where I need to wear my reading glasses more and more.......

Old 05-08-2010, 11:07 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,059,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Rickers, you'd make a killing out here! y'all got to check this out. flexmls You can pick up 3500 sqft under 5 years old for less than $170k in many cases.
If I ever go to Maricopa County it would be to shake sheriff Joe's hand and then I would skedaddle right on outta there. I just had a friend murdered near Cave Creek not long ago while visiting relatives and friends there.
I don't even want to live in a town anymore. I'm planning to set my roots a bit deeper in Montana. My wife and I are considering building a house if we can find an affordable small acreage in my targeted locations, (Plains to Heron along hwy 200 or the Seeley / Swan area.)
It may never happen but a guy has to have a dream and it doesn't have to have a lake view but I want it to look like a smaller version of this fine abode shown below. I also don't want the expense of living in a house with over 1800 square feet. Anyone have any reasonably priced land for me to buy ?

Last edited by Rickers; 05-08-2010 at 11:15 AM..

Old 05-08-2010, 12:01 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
I went to your site and read it, (thanks for that post, Reziac)......I am surprised that they haven't turned into popsicles already! Pioneers with cell phones.....too funny! Is she your daughter? I am glad that they are able to communicate with you though......and very glad that you were able to find a ferrier.

I hope you bought two pairs of glasses this time. On top of my reading glasses, I also have a cheap pair of those drug store glasses sitting here, too, just in case I can't find the others......but I am getting to where I need to wear my reading glasses more and more.......
Mike and Sheila are my closest friends. They also happen to be my closest neighbors.

I'm going to buy some cheap reading glasses. I tried a friends pair and they will do should I break these.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
I'm going to buy some cheap reading glasses. I tried a friends pair and they will do should I break these.
My wife found some distance glasses in a junk store and they happen to work fine for her. Weird too because she has different prescriptions for each eye.

I saw a picture once of a street vendor in Calcutta who had a box full of used dentures that folks were trying out for size. If one feels good enough to the shopper then the vendor makes a sale ! I can go with used glasses if they seem to work good enough but I think I will draw the line at the used denture part !

Old 05-08-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
My wife found some distance glasses in a junk store and they happen to work fine for her. Weird too because she has different prescriptions for each eye.

I saw a picture once of a street vendor in Calcutta who had a box full of used dentures that folks were trying out for size. If one feels good enough to the shopper then the vendor makes a sale ! I can go with used glasses if they seem to work good enough but I think I will draw the line at the used denture part !
My problem, and I attribute it to watching a Sonar Screen for 18 years, is I can't see from 3ft to 5ft. If I hold up a doctument or read a book. I can see fine. Driving? I pass my driving eye exam with no glasses.

If I see a dime on the ground. By tilting my head I can tell you if it's heads or tails. But if I bend over to pick it up, it is so blury I can't find it.

So what my glasses are is almost clear glass but with byfocals that are set for 3-4 ft. Work great, but hard to duplicate. I have had in the past, those low profile reading glasses. I can see fine with no glasses, but then use the low profile reading glasses for working at the computer.

EDIT - I just took off my glasses and slid back so I was about 6.5 ft from the computer screen. I could read everything on the screen.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:51 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Good morning all!
Well, we're hunkered down in AZ right at the moment where it's been a chilly 94 degrees and sunny...
We bit the bullet, my other half got tired of our nomadic ways for now so we picked up a house in AZ.
Rickers, you'd make a killing out here! y'all got to check this out..
flexmls

Our son is going to ASU since they've got an Aspergers program and want to work with him so we kind of need to be nearby in case there's any issues so might as well get out of something that devalues and into something that should eventually go up in price or become a rental.
There are 499 houses just like these in this one area of AZ right now. You can pick up 3500 sqft under 5 years old for less than $170k in many cases.
we have friends in Yuma and they can confirm this!

Old 05-08-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
If I ever go to Maricopa County it would be to shake sheriff Joe's hand and then I would skedaddle right on outta there. I just had a friend murdered near Cave Creek not long ago while visiting relatives and friends there.
I don't even want to live in a town anymore. I'm planning to set my roots a bit deeper in Montana. My wife and I are considering building a house if we can find an affordable small acreage in my targeted locations, (Plains to Heron along hwy 200 or the Seeley / Swan area.)
It may never happen but a guy has to have a dream and it doesn't have to have a lake view but I want it to look like a smaller version of this fine abode shown below. I also don't want the expense of living in a house with over 1800 square feet. Anyone have any reasonably priced land for me to buy ?
When I see this pic, I want to say, 'Dee plane, dee plane, dee plane, Boss!'

Old 05-08-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
My problem, and I attribute it to watching a Sonar Screen for 18 years, is I can't see from 3ft to 5ft. If I hold up a doctument or read a book. I can see fine. Driving? I pass my driving eye exam with no glasses.

If I see a dime on the ground. By tilting my head I can tell you if it's heads or tails. But if I bend over to pick it up, it is so blury I can't find it.

So what my glasses are is almost clear glass but with byfocals that are set for 3-4 ft. Work great, but hard to duplicate. I have had in the past, those low profile reading glasses. I can see fine with no glasses, but then use the low profile reading glasses for working at the computer.

EDIT - I just took off my glasses and slid back so I was about 6.5 ft from the computer screen. I could read everything on the screen.
We take it all for granted until we no longer have it......

Old 05-08-2010, 09:50 PM

I got my first bifocals about five years ago and am just now becoming comfortable with them.
You have to watch out for those stairs at first, Whoo Hoo !

Old 05-08-2010, 10:25 PM

My byfocals are progressive. The further I tilt my head, the stronger they are.

By the way, on the above "Da Plane, Da Plane" it reminded me of something. Beloved Tatoo pass a few years back. But before he passed he built a 16 story apartment building in New York. The whole thing was built for little people. So the rooms were short, ceilings low, counters low, everything was built a lot shorter. It was completely free for all tenants.

You can still find it there, everybody knows it by name so you just ask where the "Stay Free Mini Pads" are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana