Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2010, 11:19 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
It's actually a conspiracy to keep 'em in Montana long enough for everyone here to chase 'em down and sign the wagon.
I think you're right.

To make matters worse, the only place they could find to camp was about 4 or 5 miles outside of Sweet Grass, so they can't even walk over to the local watering hole and get a cold one.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:35 AM

8,088 posts, read 15,162,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I think you're right.

To make matters worse, the only place they could find to camp was about 4 or 5 miles outside of Sweet Grass, so they can't even walk over to the local watering hole and get a cold one.
Oh, now that's just cruel!!

What the heck's with all the nuthin' around Sweet Grass that makes it uncampable??

Old 05-25-2010, 07:10 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
Quote:
Oh, now that's just cruel!!

What the heck's with all the nuthin' around Sweet Grass that makes it uncampable??
They could have dry camped a lot closer, but seeings how they might be there a couple days, they wanted to camp on water.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:04 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,676,883 times
Still stormy over here, I think I might have overnight transplanted to the coast?

Old 05-26-2010, 12:58 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,067,614 times
Fishing season is open and the bite is on. Goodbye to TV brainwashing and hello to lots and lots of deet , and did I mention that a quarter ounce black and white Worden's rooster tail spinner bait will catch anything anywhere anytime. Yea right, but almost.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:43 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Good morning all! Well the deed is done, we sold the trailer and truck so we could settle near the kid while he goes to college.
We've ended up north of Phoenix by the White Tank Mountains (not far from White Tank Mountain park) where houses are selling for almost less than the bare land sold for originally.
We talked with a couple of our soon to be neighbors and they were saying the only down side is it's 15 mins to the store if you need anything. Hmmm, didn't want to tell 'em that's a short ride in MT time and sometimes that's too close to a store if you want to keep away all the "stuff" that shopping brings.

We wanted to be far enough out that the city "life" didn't intrude on our quiet but close enough to the college so the kid had support if needed.
We'll miss MT (me during the summer, the other half all the time) but one has to do what's needed to put the kid on the right path and besides, I don't have to shovel SAND!

Old 05-26-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Fishing season is open and the bite is on. Goodbye to TV brainwashing and hello to lots and lots of deet , and did I mention that a quarter ounce black and white Worden's rooster tail spinner bait will catch anything anywhere anytime. Yea right, but almost.
So what's this mythical spinner look like?

I always just used grasshoppers myself, which have the added advantage that if you run out of bait, you can usually catch more in the nearest field

Old 05-26-2010, 11:30 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,067,614 times
Quote:
So what's this mythical spinner look like?

I always just used grasshoppers myself, which have the added advantage that if you run out of bait, you can usually catch more in the nearest field
They look like this only with a white body with black splotches and a chrome spin blade I generally use a 1/4 oz one with 6 lb line. They toss well and in the black and white pattern I have caught all of these species with one of those types.

Large Mouth bass
Small mouth bass
Greyling
Cutthroat Trout
Rainbow Trout
Brown Trout
Brook Trout
Blue Sucker
Long Nosed sucker
Northern Pike
Squaw-fish
Mackinaw

There may be more but that's all I can remember right off, They will not catch Perch or Whitefish so far as I know.
I have used live grasshoppers too but here they are strictly a summertime bait and are mostly used for Bass in these parts.
I have better luck for bass with Jerk Baits and Crank baits, those are the larger plastic minnow looking things with the two treble hooks hanging from the belly and near the tail, some rattle and they are made either to float, suspend or sink. Many have a clear plastic duckbill to make it dive when retrieving, trolling or jerking it.
I rarely use live bait or dead bait. I mostly just use artificial lures. I very rarely will fish by casting out some meat and sitting in a chair waiting for something to come along. I like to "hunt" fish.
My old motto used to be " Get there fast then go real slow, Play with fish then let em go.

Worden's Lures - Yakima Bait Co.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:26 PM

299 posts, read 566,282 times
Default " This just in ... Freak snowstorm hits Montana transplants house .. film at 11 "

You got it right, jimj .. family first.. Some things you just can't phone in.. Next winter maybe we can sneak a semi full of snow down and throw it on your front yard, just so you don't get too homesick.. And in case you forgot your snow shovel, we'll bring one of them too.. And no fair sittin' inside in the air conditioning, with a cold beer, watching out the window as the snow melts away..

tiberius

Old 05-26-2010, 06:11 PM

Default Freak snowstorm...

Now, Tiberius, that's no way to treat our buddy jimj, you're just teasin' him with half the winter experience. You know he's longing for the full effect. So hand him that shovel, show him the sidewalk, and we'll go inside and drink beer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana