Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2010, 07:08 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Thanks EH, no sheep but I am considering taking on an unwanted Llama, for the obvious reason that I do not need it. (I know about the spitting!) seems it is running the neighbors cattle too much. Maybe I will have to get it a friend?
Yeah, I've heard of people having trouble with the guard-llama deciding to run the sheep ragged. I used to live next to a bunch of llamas. Never saw one spit but they stink like pigs, worst manure you ever smelled.

The same neighbour's donkeys weren't bad, other than being noisy. Tho I did have one try to come inside the trailer once!! It stuck its head in the door and I didn't pay much attention, and next time I looked it had 3 hooves in the door and was about to heave itself the last bit up the porch step. Took some shoving to get it to reverse direction... the trailer was a mite small for me AND a donkey!

Old 10-12-2010, 01:08 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,059,923 times
Question Tic Toc Doc is what I think I'll name this pic. ~♥~

I'll name it either "Tic Tic Doc" or "Where's My Crystal Ball ?"
Dang I spent a lot of freaking time on this one. I wanted to do a decent doinked up image and did a bit of backtracking trying to get myself to like it. (And I'm a picky s.o.b.)
I am happy with the results. One of the reasons I post a lot of pics is that I don't file and pay to register my © so I post them on the internet to establish a record of the date that I loaded the pic. This provides proof that I own the © on the image so by exposing the pic to pilferage, I have, I believe, equal provability in a tort action if I caught someone making money with my pics by selling cards or wall hangers on the web.
I think you can get Image recognition software now that you can set to work around the clock scanning the web for your stolen pictures. (Waste of time and $ unless you know your material is worth $ but how do you know that someone isn't cleaning up on your work unless you find out by the scanning ?
Anyway ya all enjoy this one while ya can cuz the hourglass is close to running down. ~ Tic Toc Doc ~ By the way my tinfoil hat is made in America from Choice U.S.A. - Grade A Certified Cedar Bark ~♥~

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TLQBLtx2j2I/AAAAAAAAFdI/FjICc2Zk2sM/s512/Landscapes%2018-1.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-12-2010, 07:08 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Elk, your "bear sign" sounds a mite tastier'n ours

Ain't much better'n hot fried bread or biscuits, regardless of how you shape it!

Speakin' of fried biscuits, here's a nifty trick:
-- Get some refrigerator biscuits, any kind that "bakes up flaky". (Anyone got a good homemade recipe for these?)
-- Peel them into the individual thin layers.
-- Deep fry those little thin peelings until suitably browned. They'll pop into round hollow things that taste a lot like fried donuts. (Thinner ones get crunchy, thicker ones stay more chewy.)
-- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, or if you don't want sweet, with any seasonings or spices you like. I put lemon pepper on such stuff myself.
Sounds alot like sopapillas,yummy little pillows that we fill with honey and butter. follow this link to see recipe and pics.
Sopapillas, How To Make Sopapillals, New Mexico Sopapillas, New Mexico Quick Bread Recipe, Mexican Recipes, Southwest Recipes, Native American Recipes, Southwest Recipes

Old 10-12-2010, 06:40 PM

451 posts, read 998,756 times
Dang! I leave for one crumby day and Elk Hunter is passin' out pastry and coffee!

Old 10-12-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montygarlic View Post
Dang! I leave for one crumby day and Elk Hunter is passin' out pastry and coffee!
Well was it crumby cuz you showed up fashionably late only to find crumbs left ?
I say "Fashionably" cuz you have a very cool hat.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:30 PM

That's why I always try to show up here for breakfast.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:34 AM

Default Showing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
That's why I always try to show up here for breakfast.
I show up whenever I'm in the neighborhood and I rarely sleep more than five or six hours per morning.
It looks like my old ski buddy that is on that billboard pic I posted is showing up in a week or so and we plan on renting a small plane to sight-see, take pics from the sky, and I hope he will give me a few lessons and not try to scare me ! ~♥~ I am a bit fond of adrenalin so I'm thinking I'll get a bit of both.
I'll be sure we get a plane with dual controls because I've done "Switch driver while moving" in a car before when we were dumb ass teenagers but I'm a wee bit wiser than to try to switch pilot seats while flying.
Well maybe not after all I do enjoy the great feeling you get after the "scare" is over.
My wife is preying for a cancellation so she can get her neck fixed sooner. A month of looking forward to surgery is cruel and unusual punishment.
Our brilliant and benevolent leaders should do something about the freaking Doctor Shortage. So she hits the sac early and I am left to my devices.
Here is the thing I just "Willy Johnsoned" up with common symbols of spiritual faiths.
It's just a royalty free public domain symbol illustration that I played with as I was watching a Ronnie Milsap Concert on TV via a streaming Netflix video.
I'm also sucking down Pepsi for the caffeine so I can justify taking a sleeping pill.
I like similes and I like this one > ~♥~ The heart comes from holding down the Alt key while typing 3 on the right side number pad. The heart shows when the keys are released.
Video Over Rick is tired, the latest putz job is done, felt good too ! See ya all tamale. ~♥~

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TLVFsQzK1pI/AAAAAAAAFfg/_o-iKrd3Wpc/s400/Tat%20Cross-1.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-13-2010, 01:11 AM

That's quite pretty. Very striking colours and layout. Looks kinda like a stained-glass window.

My granddad put a stained-glass window in the front porch of his house that he built near Hansboro ND back around 1910 or so... unfortunately it is long since gone and the house decayed to tumbledown ruins.

==WARNING==USELESS INFORMATION AHEAD==

If your browser's form-editor doesn't agree that alt+3=Heart, you can always use Charmap (Start, Run, Charmap usually brings it up). Select, copy, paste. If it does like Alt+3, many others are available. Here's a handy graphical chart:

http://www.doomgold.com/misc/asciichart.gif

(32 is the space. One of the other invisibles is the null character.)

Some symbols may mess up, be non-visible, or even cause odd program behaviour (especially 13, 14, and 127), depending on what font the viewer is using, and whether the symbol cues some command, since the first 31 ALT-characters are actually computer control codes. -- One of the old BBS connectoids was infamous for its literalism re control codes and other stuff -- if it saw the words "NO CARRIER" in text, it would hang up the modem!

Wordperfect for DOS could print over 1100 special characters including Arabic and Kanji lettering.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:00 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Had to start the furnace. 21 degrees outside and 58 degrees inside it was looking a bit nippy to get in the shower.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:27 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,672,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Here is the thing I just "Willy Johnsoned" up with common symbols of spiritual faiths.
Many people, including many Jews, think the Star of David is the symbol of the Jewish religion. It is not.

The 7-branch Temple Menorah (not to be confused with the 8-branch Chanukah Menorah) is the religious symbol of the Jewish faith, but Jewish law prevents its public display in the same manner as Christians display the Cross, the religious symbol of the Christian faith.

It is at times of public display that the 6-pointed Magen Duveed (Star of David), the ensign of the House of David and the secular symbol of the Jewish people, is substituted for the 7-Branch Temple Menorah. This is confusing, and even many Jews think that the Star of David is a religious symbol, which it is not.

Additionally, you may find it interesting to know that it's a great surprise to many that G. Washington and the other founding fathers (mostly Free Masons, I've been told) included the Magen Duveed (Star of David), the secular symbol of the Jewish people, on the Great Seal of the United States. You can readily see it by looking directly above the Eagle on the reverse of the one-dollar bill (it's in the stars).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana