U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 04:04 PM

6,258 posts, read 12,888,622 times

Advertisements

I promise you when I see the President the first reaction for me is not that of his ethnicity.
I see a clueless puppet who thinks he got their on his own, no idea who is running his show.
God help us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 10:27 PM

7,540 posts, read 12,571,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
I promise you when I see the President the first reaction for me is not that of his ethnicity.
I see a clueless puppet who thinks he got their on his own, no idea who is running his show.
God help us.
I've wondered if this was a scheme to get the otherwise-unelectable Biden into office.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:45 AM

154 posts, read 116,964 times
So as a Libertarian I would be welcome in Montana? I thought so! I think Bob Barr got most of his votes from Montana.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:00 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,459,897 times
Default You know what's really disheartening (and scary)?

That there's been NO comment on the local news, no comment in the local papers and absolutely NO comment from the Dems and Libs disowning or correcting this letter to the Editor.
To think that most people in Montana and the flathead agree with this writers assertions as they must since they're not disputing them or is it they don't care or don't think it's important to dispute the slur.
This is rather scary and tells me exactly why our government is in the shape it is.
Would you tolorate someone saying this crud to your face? Would you tolorate someone walking around town impuning your character to everyone you know? If not then why in gods name is this being ignored as it's the same thing?
I would've thought that there'd be an outcry against this portrail of the citizens of the Flathead and a hue and cry that this "person" needs to be removed for the good of the party.
Sad day for MT, real sad day...

Old 05-09-2009, 11:45 AM

9,523 posts, read 7,782,324 times
If the letter had been printed in the Gazette, i would have jumped all over it, as would several dozen other regular commenters. I imagine some of the obama supporters would have dissed it, as well.
I did not vote for obama, not because he is a half-breed, not because he is half black, not because he is half white, but simply because IMO he is an empty suit with a big mouth.
Anybody who voted for him BECAUSE of his color is racist, IMO!

Since I don't live in the Valley anymore, I don't pay any attention to "The Daily Mistake", as we used to call it years ago. Come to think of it, when I did live there, I got the Hungry Horse News for the local news, The Spokesman Review for the national/world news, and the Interlake for the cartoons.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:40 PM

22,952 posts, read 22,459,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
If the letter had been printed in the Gazette, i would have jumped all over it, as would several dozen other regular commenters. I imagine some of the obama supporters would have dissed it, as well.
I did not vote for obama, not because he is a half-breed, not because he is half black, not because he is half white, but simply because IMO he is an empty suit with a big mouth.
Anybody who voted for him BECAUSE of his color is racist, IMO!

Since I don't live in the Valley anymore, I don't pay any attention to "The Daily Mistake", as we used to call it years ago. Come to think of it, when I did live there, I got the Hungry Horse News for the local news, The Spokesman Review for the national/world news, and the Interlake for the cartoons.
I think it's time for me to change and the name "mistake" seems to still apply.

Old 05-29-2009, 04:36 PM

65 posts, read 187,975 times
The saddest part is "now proud of my country" comment. Tell that to all the Montana boys/gals (and Flathead) serving in our country's military - its not their sentiment. Its an insult to all of them and those who served before. If memory serves me correct, Ronan has Parrish who received this country's highest military honor (postumously). St. Ignatius has the Kern brothers (one who spent years has a Chinese POW during WWII). Polson has a brigider general. St. Ignatius has a enlisted Marine who is now a retired Lt. Col. Families who for generations have served and on and on. There is a memorial wall in St. Ignatius with the names engraved of all the military from the community who have died. It was a volunteer project done a couple years ago and for a small community it is pretty impressive --- I guess they were proud of their country before Obama.

I think those who call others racist should look to themselves first. They haven't gotten past it or the name calling from another life time.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:36 PM

6,023 posts, read 11,870,919 times
I'll say this, Obama's nominee for the supreme court is not just a racist but she is a sexist also. Listen carefully to her controversial comment that sparked the racist accusations.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:56 AM

9,523 posts, read 7,782,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I'll say this, Obama's nominee for the supreme court is not just a racist but she is a sexist also. Listen carefully to her controversial comment that sparked the racist accusations.
Yes, but she didn't mean that the way it sounds. So says The Chosen One.
But wait, if there is ANYBODY in the world who should say exactly what they mean, and mean exactly what they say, a JUDGE should be right up there on top of the heap, right? After all, the written and spoken word is their stock-in-trade, right? If she doesn't always mean exactly what she says, can she be trusted on the nation's highest bench?
Just my opinion, but I think NOT!
Also, if it is true that 60% of her decisions have been reversed on appeal, she obviously is NOT qualified to sit on the SCOTUS!

Old 06-01-2009, 05:00 PM

843 posts, read 1,131,280 times
I find it odd that the same people who, just last november were cheerfully singing 'barack the magic negro', claiming not to trust him because hes a 'n....an arab', carving backwards B's into their faces and trying to scare up a last minute race bait by claiming a black obama supporter did it, and screaming 'kill him' and 'lynch him' at vice presidential rallies are now trying to claim the first latina SC pick is racist?

After it was made public that Roberts was part of a whites only legal club in law school, and people like reinquist and alito opposed desegregation (which many seem not to have a problem with), this female judge must be racist because she comments on having to cope in a white male dominated legal system and work to a higher standard?

I guess any pick that wasnt a white male would be seen by those who supported McCain as 'racist'. Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana