Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 06:26 PM

84 posts, read 169,401 times

Advertisements

Missoula has its issues, but better here then in Butte or Bozeman unless your a total redneck or ***** lover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 06:49 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,168,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzycabbie View Post
seems like it can spread pretty fast too
Oh it can... and it does..

Old 12-10-2010, 09:04 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,151,624 times
And you gotta watch out for that ever-popular weather system, the recto-cranial inversion.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:09 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,572,193 times
Seems to me that specific weather phenomina is especially prevelent in one specific western Montana valley.

Some folks are chronically infected by it.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzycabbie View Post
Yeah, I'm actually a cabbie, well more of glorified cabbie, I get the headaches of paying the bills, keeping the vehicles running, listening to complaining customers. Business isnt what it used to be, seems like the harder times get the more people think this is an easy business....
Likely because certain losers think it's easy money for no effort, and if no one else will hire 'em... I know people who need cabs, get the service for free (disability transport, paid by the state), and they still act like the cabbie is out to inconvenience them on purpose.

There used to be a guy in Great Falls (I think he was in Black Eagle actually) whose main business was taking little old ladies to work downtown in the morning, and home again at night. Did it pretty cheap (so it wasn't a bad deal compared to driving) but I imagine being a regular gig with no surprises made it a lot more pleasant, not to mention a more predictable income.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:53 AM

1 posts, read 2,091 times
Having grown up in NM and now currently living in Va I can't wait to get out of this area (Va Beach), you can keep the cultural experience they think they have here. Come here for a visit and make sure you bring your gun so when the nice young black guys wearing hoodies and their pants below their butt ask you for the time and, oh yeah your wallet too. So with less than 3 years to retire I am looking forward to heading back west. So the only question I have is do they sell beer there? If so, looking forward to meeting my new neighbors.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:26 AM

276 posts, read 792,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia Joe View Post
Having grown up in NM and now currently living in Va I can't wait to get out of this area (Va Beach), you can keep the cultural experience they think they have here. Come here for a visit and make sure you bring your gun so when the nice young black guys wearing hoodies and their pants below their butt ask you for the time and, oh yeah your wallet too. So with less than 3 years to retire I am looking forward to heading back west. So the only question I have is do they sell beer there? If so, looking forward to meeting my new neighbors.
I hear you VA Joe, loud and clear!!

Old 12-12-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia Joe View Post
So the only question I have is do they sell beer there? If so, looking forward to meeting my new neighbors.
Here's a related question I've been meaning to ask: MT used to have a limit on the alcohol content of beer, it was something like 3.5% (I forget as I didn't care) and you couldn't buy Coors because it was higher. People would sneak off to Wyoming to get Coors beer. Now we've got those "Ice Beers" and "Lime Beers" that are 5%-6% or so. What is MT's current stance on that?

Old 12-12-2010, 09:24 AM

84 posts, read 169,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Here's a related question I've been meaning to ask: MT used to have a limit on the alcohol content of beer, it was something like 3.5% (I forget as I didn't care) and you couldn't buy Coors because it was higher. People would sneak off to Wyoming to get Coors beer. Now we've got those "Ice Beers" and "Lime Beers" that are 5%-6% or so. What is MT's current stance on that?

Never heard of such a thing in living here all my life

Old 12-12-2010, 09:27 AM

26 posts, read 42,000 times
Was the same at one time in WA. they came to ID. get the COORS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana