U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 02:05 PM

9,341 posts, read 25,416,315 times

Advertisements

From Gary Marbut, president of the Montana Shooting Sports Association (MSSA), "I have been invited to be on the Glenn Beck Show this Friday to talk about MSSA's Montana-made guns bill.

Marbut continues, "This Tenth Amendment assertion idea is going viral. Clones of our Montana HB 246 have been introduced in Alaska, Texas and Tennessee. I have information that clones are being prepared for introduction in Georgia, Missouri, Oklahoma, Arizona, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho and Washington, and maybe some places I haven't heard about."

"HB 246 declares that any firearms, ammunition and firearm accessories made and retained in Montana are not subject to any federal regulation or control under the power given to Congress in the U.S. Constitution to 'regulate commerce ... among the states'."

"The message I will carry is that since the states created the federal government, it is the states which must get their creature on a leash and enforce the literal terms of the Tenth Amendment, and that state-made and retained guns are a fine vehicle for beginning that Tenth Amendment assertion."

According to Marbut, "If plans work out as laid, I will be on the Beck Show Friday, 5 to 6PM, Eastern time. I am told that this show is on from 3 to 4 PM in Montana. HB 246 sponsor, Rep. Joel Boniek (R-Livingston) is scheduled to be on the show also."

"FYI, I've done interviews with the Associated Press, USA Today and Newsmax about HB 246 and the state-made guns movement. MSSA is definitely in the news! Also, somebody is building a "Montana Firearms Freedom Act" page on Wikipedia. Way cool!"

H/T: BF/MAFL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 02:58 PM

6,023 posts, read 11,869,550 times
It's about time the states started to tell the feds to butt out of states business. There may be hope for our country after all.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:08 PM

193 posts, read 407,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
It's about time the states started to tell the feds to butt out of states business. There may be hope for our country after all.
I hope so rickers. That would be change we could live with.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:44 PM

1,219 posts, read 2,810,559 times
You know what would really rile up the feds? If the states started passing laws that exempted residents from paying federal income tax..

Last edited by Timberwolf232; 05-11-2009 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-12-2009, 11:59 AM

7,540 posts, read 12,570,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
You know what would really rile up the feds? If the states started passing laws that exempted residents from paying federal income tax..
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.. in fact I had a similar thought while reading stuff here yesterday. If we kept our income tax at home, we wouldn't NEED the Feds' money!

And the Feds would no longer have us by the cuyones about so many states' rights issues, either.

Old 05-17-2009, 01:39 AM

94 posts, read 173,517 times
Thanks for putting this up.

I put it up on several of my gun and other boards.

Catherine
Montana Shooting Sports Association Member
Montana Shooting Sports Association
ProGunLeaders.org

WESTERN MONTANA FISH & GAME ASSOC. = My range.

Old 05-17-2009, 01:42 AM

Smile MT - HB 228 - Self Defense Bill Signed By Our Governor S.!

This may interest you too.

MT - HB 228 - Self Defense Bill Signed By Our Governor S.! - TheHighRoad.US

Catherine

Old 05-17-2009, 01:53 AM

Smile Montana Made Guns

Under Activism - THR.us

Quote and paste/post by Catherine:

April 15th, 2009, 02:55 PM #47
Catherine

Governor S. Signed HB 246 - Montana Made Guns!

Sender: Gary Marbut-MSSA <mssa@mtssa.org>
Subject: FLASH - Good News - Gov signs HB 246
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 14:27:10 -0600
To: mssa@mtssa.org

Dear MSSA Friends,

GOOD NEWS! Governor Schweitzer signed HB 246, MSSA's Montana-made guns bill, today. HB 246 declares that any guns and ammunition made and retained in Montana are not subject to ANY federal regulation under the authority of Congress to regulate commerce "among the states."

HB 246 will become effective on October 1, 2009. MSSA is beginning now to plan our legal strategy for vetting the legal principles involved. Soon after October 1st, MSSA will determine if it is necessary to file a lawsuit in federal court to prove the principles established in HB 246. If we do need to file this lawsuit (probably will), MSSA will need to do some serious fundraising to defray the expenses involved.

Meanwhile, we firmly recommend that no Montanans begin making the proposed Montana-made guns until we are able to vet the legal principles. We do not want any Montanan to become subject to possible federal criminal charges until the legal issues associated with HB 246 are resolved.

We are ready now to accept any donations for this project. Remember, MSSA is not a tax-exempt entity - we've never sought that status because of the political limitations on tax exempt organizations. So, any donation you may care to make for this effort is NOT tax deductible. If you care to make a donation to MSSA for this purpose, you can make a check payable to MSSA and mail it to MSSA at P.O. Box 4924. Missoula, Montana 59808. In the memo portion of your check, write "Montana-made guns." Thanks!

Our hearty thanks go out to valiant HB 246 sponsor Rep. Joel Boniek (R-Livingston). Joel is a real hero for having carried this bill and having done it so well. This result is especially complimentary to Joel because he is a freshman legislator. He had a steep learning curve going into this session with no prior legislative experience.

We also thank those many Montana legislators who supported HB 246 during the legislative process, and we thank Governor Schweitzer both for demonstrating the right Montana attitude by signing HB 246, and for doing what he said he'd do on his 2008 MSSA Candidate Questionnaire.

Finally, thanks to ALL of you for having supported HB 246 with messages to legislators. We couldn't have done it without you!!!

Best wishes,

Gary Marbut, president
Montana Shooting Sports Association
http://www.mtssa.org
author, Gun Laws of Montana
http://www.mtpublish.com

~~~~~

Catherine
MSSA Member

Old 05-17-2009, 02:25 AM

I would like to see a video tape or You Tube of this television show with Gary on it. If he sends one out to the MSSA members... I will try to post it here for you.

Beck is known to flip flop many times in many issues including 'during the last election' when he called many RON PAUL supporters and other people who stood up for various issues "TERRORISTS". Supposedly he flip flopped again and repented of his 'sins'. Ha! He has had PAUL on more often now from what I gather and heard.

From CNN to Faux Fox to who knows what next? Even though I do not trust Beck or listen to his shows that often... I DO applaud him for discussing this issue and having Gary M. on his show.

I used to listen to Beck on my former XM radio way, way up in the Sapphire Mountains before I came to 'town' many years ago. I have heard him on regular AM radio here in town and off of my computer too. Seen clips of his various television shows on You Tube too.

Thanks to Gary M. and thanks to Beck for having him on his show.

Most of the 'news' (?!?) blow hards and SHILLS on television and on R wing and L wing radio shows just tick me off. They can't think outside of the BOX and see that both parties have screwed them royally. UGH. All they want to do is pit one side against the other side and/or play the 'cards'!!!

Catherine
Armed and Female
Montana Territory for now...
Don't blame me... I was for PAUL back in 1988 and recently too!

Old 05-17-2009, 09:46 AM

7,540 posts, read 12,570,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineFrances View Post
Beck is known to flip flop many times in many issues including 'during the last election' when he called many RON PAUL supporters and other people who stood up for various issues "TERRORISTS". Supposedly he flip flopped again and repented of his 'sins'. Ha! He has had PAUL on more often now from what I gather and heard.
Market research indicates that an outraged audience sticks with the show SIX TIMES as long as an audience that agrees with the host/guests/topic.

Beck's mission is to sell your ears and eyes to his show's advertisers. If he fails to do so, he'll lose his job. If he succeeds, he'll make more money. Per what the market demands, the best way for a talkshow host to maximize salable eyes and ears is to keep some audience segment outraged all the time.

It's stupid, but it's the reality of talkshows everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or