U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-14-2009, 12:39 AM

40 posts, read 56,004 times
Question Iron Front Hotel (Melenium Property Management) - Helena - Any good?

Well, after lots of research, searching the forum for prior posts, and all the helpful advice concerning Kalispell that I received from all the fine folks in the forum, I have settled on Helena as it's more suited to me.

I'm currently visiting the city to secure an apartment, but as a fallback I was looking into an advert in the paper regarding the Iron Front Hotel (Melenium Property Management) since they have monthly rates ($330).

The problem is that I can't find any info, other than location, on this place.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 01:51 AM

120 posts, read 234,351 times
Wow, you're right. There's not a lot of information available (on the interweb anyway). I was able to find a few possibly relevant pieces of info:

1. It was built around 1888.

2. It is currently for sale:
Our out of town listings

I'm curious though - you were apparently considering Kalispell for a time. What made you rule out that area?

Last edited by ElkHunter; 05-23-2009 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: Mod cut the blog. ElkHunter

Old 05-14-2009, 12:54 PM

Thanks for your reply first of all :-).

As for why I ruled out Kalispell, the helpful folks on the forum pointed out that you need a vehicle to get around due to the snow, and being born and raised in San Francisco, it's something that's more of a burden than anything so I never got one (try finding parking in most sections of the city!)

Searching the forum in the course of my research I found posts relating that Helena is a walkable city, though I do eventually plan to get a vehicle/license once I'm established.

Thanks for the info you were able to find. It looks like back to craigslist I go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fodderman View Post
Wow, you're right. There's not a lot of information available (on the interweb anyway). I was able to find a few possibly relevant pieces of info:

1. It was built around 1888.

2. It is currently for sale:
Our out of town listings

I'm curious though - you were apparently considering Kalispell for a time. What made you rule out that area?

Last edited by ElkHunter; 05-23-2009 at 04:27 PM..

Old 05-14-2009, 07:49 PM

120 posts, read 234,351 times
I've been to San Fran-"not only is there no parking, you just TRY to make a left turn here"-cisco for a convention once. I saw all the walking as a tradeoff to work off all the food I ate at all the great restaurants.

When looking for a place to stay, you might also try searching for "Property Management" and the area you're looking at. A lot of the properties from property management companies don't make it to craigslist. Here are a couple I found with vacancies for Helena:

Available Rentals
Vacancies - Aneleh Apartments, LLC. - Helena, MT - 422-5898 (http://www.anelehapartments.com/Vacancies.php - broken link)

Old 05-14-2009, 09:55 PM

San Francisco does have a lot of excellent restaurants. Some of the best ones being little hole-in-the-wall's that don't advertise, nor charge outrageous prices despite large portions and great service. If the cost of living weren't so high and the city wasn't so crowded (and getting worse) I'd never leave.

Thanks for the links! The first one I found before I left for my visit, but I missed the second one. MUCH appreciated.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:52 PM

6,425 posts, read 7,298,858 times
If you're looking in the sub-$400 rentspace, note some in that league here: Residential for Rent
(same outfit as lists the Iron Front Hotel for sale)

You can often find small trailers, bachelor apartments, and single-student rooms renting for a couple hundred below the normal 2-bedroom-and-up market. Most would be happy to have a stable tenant rather than a student.

I'd have to agree, Helena is more of a walking town, or at least more practical to do so in the core part of the city, than Kalispell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana