U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 10:31 PM

66 posts, read 136,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
I'd contend that we need ditch diggers (and farmers and mechanics and all sorts of people who work with their hands) a lot more than we need rocket scientists (and lawyers and politicians and CEOs and all sorts of people who work with their minds). We can survive without the CEOs. Without the ditch diggers (and farmers etc.) sooner or later everything grinds to a halt, and everyone starves.
I agree. I would add that we could survive with far fewer lawyers too. It might be nice if we had politicians who lived in the real world and understood what it was like to be in the shoes of those who are governed (well, speaking for NY, not sure about MT politicians).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 09:17 AM

152 posts, read 174,344 times
Quote:
Strange, strange year! maybe it's the end of the world.
Haha, you never know...

Quote:
Well, at least Babe is already frozen solid.
Yep, no worries there.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:32 PM

7 posts, read 15,750 times
Its been awhile...summer is a busy time! i think you would enjoy glendive...great places for pictures...and quite a lot of hiking. and i know they are getting ready to put a new walking path in makoshika. as for the temperatures....it's really hot in the summer and really cold in the winter. i have been here for a little over 6 years and i think the hottest i have seen is about 110 or so. the really bad part about the heat over here (different from other parts of montana) is that is doesn't really cool down at night....you're lucky if it gets down to 75 or so at night in the summer. as for heating costs...oh yes, it can be expensive...but it's just part of life here, you just have to budget it in (winter it's super cold, and summer it's super hot.....so you're pretty much always either running your AC or your heater!). now about that wind. i don't think glendive, specifically, gets quite as much wind as parts of wyoming...i live in a neighborhood with quite a few trees...so it blocks the wind some. but, yes, in general the wind does blow here 24/7.....not always at "sand blasting" force...but enough to blow one's comb-over in the wrong direction...so you better take care of that if you have one!
hope that helps. sorry it took so long to get back to ya...have anymore questions...feel free to ask.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:12 AM

7,549 posts, read 12,635,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill7719 View Post
I agree. I would add that we could survive with far fewer lawyers too. It might be nice if we had politicians who lived in the real world and understood what it was like to be in the shoes of those who are governed (well, speaking for NY, not sure about MT politicians).
I've thought about (once I get moved back to MT) running for the legislature or some similar office, on a platform of "How are these laws affecting YOU?" and "How can we KEEP this state Montana and not turn it into California?" (something I am now qualified to speak about, having lived in SoCal for 25 years and watched CA go from a great place to the final circle of hell). Go door to door in farm/ranch country and actually ask what they need and what is already impacting their business, rather than try to guess from afar or opine from on high (based on who contributed to the campaign coffers), like so many politicians do.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:57 PM

6,023 posts, read 11,935,608 times
Default It's too late !

Hey Rez, ever hear the Randy Travis song "Too gone for too long" ? ! You are now a naturalized Californian and the folks in Montana now will point giggle and stare at you, sorry you waited too long !

Old 06-22-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Hey Rez, ever hear the Randy Travis song "Too gone for too long" ? ! You are now a naturalized Californian and the folks in Montana now will point giggle and stare at you, sorry you waited too long !
Well, maybe for you resident aliens who are always goin' on about how much better the food was down on the border ... but methinks there's no one better qualified to recognise problems-in-the-making than one who observed firsthand Why Things Fell Apart. The crap going on in CA is eventually going to KILL the entire ag industry... I absolutely do NOT want that to happen in MT.

Besides, my uncle was in the MT legislature for years, as was the dad of one of my best buddies (and both are ranchers), so I've got at least two backers in the Rep.party already

Old 06-22-2009, 06:18 PM

6,023 posts, read 11,935,608 times
I'm just joking ya on the too gone stuff ! If you run as a Republican I'm sure I'll be voting for you.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I'm just joking ya on the too gone stuff ! If you run as a Republican I'm sure I'll be voting for you.
Ain't a perfect party by any means, but I still think comes closest to what America, and Montana, are all about...

So, who's up for another Tea Party??

Old 06-24-2009, 07:20 AM

102 posts, read 239,798 times
I agree with everything Reziac sez...you got my endorsement lol.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypicalCalifornian View Post
I agree with everything Reziac sez...you got my endorsement lol.
Thankee, thankee... ain't gonna be no big campaign either... more like door-to-door asking what folks are really concerned about where they live. That's actually feasible in the small farming/ranching counties.

(I'm not kidding, I'm actually thinking about doing this...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana