U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 12:40 PM

148 posts, read 493,356 times

Advertisements

I hate these kind of threads! People in EVERY state seem to think that their state is better than the rest, and that there is no way an outsider is ever gonna "get it". Get over yourselves already! There is a perfect place for everyone, for some that is Montana, and for some it's not. Why does it matter if you were born here or not?

You can find lists almost EXCATLY like that that say you grew up in Texas. I love Montana, have since the first time I visited, that's why we moved here. But it is a lot like Texas in many ways(good ways), minus the scenery and of course the winter. And those people who say it can get as hot in MT as it does in TX.....YEAH RIGHT! Maybe for one day!

There is no question that you better be prepared in the winter here, cuz if you are clueless you will be wanting to get outta here ASAP for sure! But I honestly think people moving here must know that, right? Moving out of state takes a lot of work and time, so I'm sure most people research where they are going to be living, at least I know we did.

But whatever, I don't understand some of the people who try to scare people into thinking MT is a state unlike any place in the world, telling people not to come here unless your tough or something! Every state has something that makes it special, and a lot of people rank MT at the top, myself included, but don't be so naive to believe that because people aren't a "native Montanan", that they can't possibly know what to expect here.

I've been here for only one winter so far, and most of the locals here said it was the worst winter in 20 something years. All I could do was laugh; I wanted to know when it was going to get really bad! It never seemed that bad to me, even when the roads were closed in and out of town. I dunno, maybe that's just me!

Old 05-24-2009, 03:47 PM

283 posts, read 656,826 times
I moved here twenty years ago with my grandparents from... GASP!... California, and everything said in the OP and others is true. I still don't like the snow, hate having to drive to pick up simple things, but I wouldn't go back to California even if you paid me.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:25 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,585,182 times
This thread has gotten way out of hand, off topic, and turned into just nonsense.

Please either direct message one another, or post your political discussions in the political forums.
The Montana forum is to help newcomers looking for more info on the state, current events in the state, and anything else going on in Montana.

Thank you to those of you who have tried to follow the terms of service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana