Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Montana: prime areas, mine contamination, wetlands, desolate landscape, few residents, mountains

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 05:43 PM

495 posts, read 493,027 times

Advertisements

Check out my last post in the "missoula" thread. I rest my case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2007, 08:11 PM

529 posts, read 1,892,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeMan View Post
What more do I need to say to prove my point

See the "Thinking of Montana relocation" current thread....

They are considering moving here, never even been hear, but want to move to the moutains, it's beautiful.......they saw some pictures...this logic completely eludes me.
Maybe these folks need to refer to this page over in Gallatin County before they decide to come here:

http://www.gallatin.mt.gov/Public_Do...bdocs/codewest

The same from the above link can be said about many other Montana counties.

>>> ...."Images of the Old West draw people to an area once filled with miners, farmers, ranchers, loggers and other agricultural workers. Often newcomers are much more romantic about the West than the old-timers and have false hopes about bringing their urban lifestyles into the great outdoors. They come with false expectations. They believe they can fax and e-mail from the mountaintop. In the New West, the information superhighway is often a dirt road...." <<<

Old 05-04-2007, 06:29 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Something in my past makes a small hilltop location that offers 2,000 meters to the perimiter attractive in a .50 caliber kind of way.

Old 05-04-2007, 07:19 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,090 times
the dreamers have always come to montana.eastern montana had way more people in 1907 then 2007.most of them starved out and left the state by the 1930's.most counties in montana are losing population,all the growth today is in a few scenic counties.there are some jobs in a few trades but most jobs do seem to be fairly low paying service jobs.there isnt a great variety of jobs,and most of the better ones are in the less scenic parts of the state.its ok to make less if you can live cheap but you sure cant live cheap west of livingston.my great great grandfather moved to silverbow,mt in 1868 and some of my family is still in montana but the numbers grow smaller all the time.most of my cousins kids are gone right after college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana