U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2007, 08:36 AM

2 posts, read 25,573 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am a language teacher from Munich, Germany looking for information on an alleged farm near Big Timer off the 191 called "LazyG" , a cattle and guest ranch which is said to be run by Ed and Martha Gooch . I don't get access to their website and I need to know quickly whether the Lazy G ranch is still availbale for booking or does exist at all.
I'd be much obliged to anyone who can help me get that information asap.
Thank you so much (whoever) and greetings to Montana country from "Old Europe". Regards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2007, 10:56 AM

369 posts, read 1,300,155 times
I belive the town is Big Timber. I have Googled the ranch but cannot find it. Are you sure it's Lazy G? There is a Lazy J near Big Timber.

I was in beautiful Bavaria about 11 months ago for three weeks. We did not stop in Munchen but by-passed it and spent 4 days in Garmich-Partenkirchen.

Good Luck in your search.!

Old 04-16-2007, 11:09 AM

Some more information: Go to www.Google.com and type in "Ed and Martha Gooch". It has two pages about the ranch, a phone number and email address.

The direct link is: www.klett.de/sixcms/media.php/71/54329/547220_72.pdf (broken link)

Hope this works for you.

Auf Wiedersehen!

Old 04-17-2007, 05:00 AM

2 posts, read 25,573 times
Default Thank you

Dear grizzfan,
fancy that you've already been in Bavaria. I am glad to hear you liked it - we people from Munich like foreigners, especially Americans, because they are good company and don't bother if we get something wrong languagewise. I in return have a friend who worked in Bozeman for some months. Unfortunately I've never seen Montana so far.
Thank you so much for your pains that was very sweet of you, but actually the site you found is the exact page in our English book (for 7th graders) that I tried to verify, because I couldn't find the ranch either. The email given in the book doesn't connect me and I hesitate to call...And I'm sick and tired of German school books giving 'authentic' material which doesn't exist!! Anyway...
IT's been nice talking to you, grissfan
Happy trails and all the best.
Carmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzfan View Post
I belive the town is Big Timber. I have Googled the ranch but cannot find it. Are you sure it's Lazy G? There is a Lazy J near Big Timber.

I was in beautiful Bavaria about 11 months ago for three weeks. We did not stop in Munchen but by-passed it and spent 4 days in Garmich-Partenkirchen.

Good Luck in your search.!

Old 04-17-2007, 05:59 AM

1,552 posts, read 5,521,977 times
Stella
If thats not working for you check out these ranches, a lot of choices in Montana.
http://www.duderanch.org/list.cfm?State=MT (broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella72 View Post
Hi,
I am a language teacher from Munich, Germany looking for information on an alleged farm near Big Timer off the 191 called "LazyG" , a cattle and guest ranch which is said to be run by Ed and Martha Gooch . I don't get access to their website and I need to know quickly whether the Lazy G ranch is still availbale for booking or does exist at all.
I'd be much obliged to anyone who can help me get that information asap.
Thank you so much (whoever) and greetings to Montana country from "Old Europe". Regards.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:32 AM

Quote:
I in return have a friend who worked in Bozeman for some months. Unfortunately I've never seen Montana so far.
During our trip to Germany, we visited old friends in Schweinfurt and Amberg. What a nice time. Actually my family and I were stationed in Schweinfurt, Wurzberg and Frankfurt during a 7 1/2 year period between 1981 and 1989. We have many fond memories of Germany in the "old" days before unification. So our trip was one down memory lane.

Our German friends from Schweinfurt actually came to visit us in Montana last summer, two months after we saw them in Germany, and stayed in our little summer place in Livingston (a town which is not far from dude ranch country). You must visit Montana. As the book says, it is "The Last Best Place".

The link from rambush is a very good resource.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:50 AM

189 posts, read 714,742 times
www.lazygranch.com takes you to an "interesting" website as well. The page from the school book makes this Ranch look so real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana