Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 10:08 PM

Location: I live in Ronan, MT but am stationed in Virginia Beach
290 posts, read 690,211 times

Advertisements

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

There is a growing sense of outrage in Kalispell Montana after a Mexican flag was erected in front of a U.S. flag 200 feet up a huge tower that belongs to the oldest radio station in America - KGEZ.

Station owner John Stokes said that he was getting calls from angry supporters of the extremist La Reconquista movement, a separatist group that advocates the violent overthrow of the southern and western U.S. states, before also receiving death threats.

Two Mexican males entered the premises of KGEZ and demanded that another U.S. flag that was on a flagpole be taken down because it was "disrespectful". The flag was later stolen.

On Wednesday morning the station's ice covered 400 foot radio tower was scaled and the Mexican flag was hung in front of old glory.

The Kalispell Police blotter makes mention of the incident but it has received no attention in the media.

Similar incidents have increased over the past few years. Last month, a veteran from Reno, Nev. made headlines after he took matters into his own hands and tore down a Mexican flag that was being illegally flown above a U.S. flag at a local business.

According to federal law it is illegal to fly any flag above the U.S. flag, and if flying more than one they must be on separate poles and be of an equal size.

The latest incident will fuel tensions about U.S. immigration policy, especially in light of recent revelations concerning the explosion of illegal immigrants now living in America.

Photos to follow - watch this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 05:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Growing Outrage? Please... Well, maybe growing in the seperatist groups...
Knowing Stokes is it possible that he did it or had it done? I wouldn't put it past him to do a stunt like this to stir up his 50 or so listeners and get in the paper.
If this indeed did happen as stated it won't be hard to identify the culprits out of the 5 or 10 that are in this valley
Oh wait, I know it's a conspiracy driven by Goldman Sachs, Rockafellers and Israel conglomerates to drive him out of business since they see him as a threat.

Disclaimer:
This is just an opinion, not given or represented as fact so don't file legal papers on it...

Also just to clear up a common myth it's not illegal to fly a flag above the american flag, it's just an advisory and custom (see below)

Display and use of flag by civilians; codification of rules and customs; definition
The following codification of existing rules and customs pertaining to the display and use of the flag of the United States of America be, and it is hereby, established for the use of such civilians or civilian groups or organizations and may not be required to conform with regulations promulgated by one or more executive departments of the Government of the United States. The flag of the United States for the purpose of this chapter shall be defined according to title 4, United States Code, Chapter 1, Section 1 and Section 2 and Executive Order 10834 issued pursuant thereto.

Last edited by jimj; 12-01-2007 at 05:19 AM..

Old 12-01-2007, 05:49 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,062,717 times
The only flag I feel like flying is THE JOLLY ROGER !
I thought it was ok to fly your states flag under the U.S. flag ?

Old 12-01-2007, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
The only flag I feel like flying is THE JOLLY ROGER !
I thought it was ok to fly your states flag under the U.S. flag ?
Stars and Bars!!!! Go rebs...

BTW, It's ok to fly the state flag under the american flag....

Old 12-01-2007, 06:27 AM

La Reconquista movement, Look it up, it is not a joke

Old 12-01-2007, 06:30 AM

The Mexica Movement is the name of a activist group in the United States who assert their ancestry from Indigenous people of North America as the basis for "liberating" the North American continent from people of European-descent. Their organization views Mexicans, Central Americans, Native Americans, and Canadian First Nations as one people who are falsely divided by European-imposed borders. The group states that European-descent people have committed massive genocide and occupied the Western Hemisphere since 1492.

Their ultimate objective is the civilized, non-violent, democratic "liberation" of the North American continent from European-descendents. The organization seeks to create a future nation called Anahuac. This nation will be comprised of North and Central America, fused into a single super-state, under the democratic control of Indigenous people. The group possesses a large library of indigenous manuscripts and academic research materials which serve as their inspiration for recreating a future indigenous civilization (independent of European control).

The group views White people as "Europeans" who squat on Indigenous lands. This liberation is expected to take place over multiple generations and involves marshaling massive media and educational resources in order to change the way people understand the history of the continent and its people.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:57 AM

Ok, I won't argue that this group exists but what makes anyone think they're here in the flathead except for the word of "there's a government spy around every corner" and "everythings a consipiracy to get me/us" radio station owner? Please....

Does anyone REALLY think that a group like that would A. Come to one of the whitest places in the country where deer outnumber minorities? B. Actually try and influence one of the more remote,conservative, no effect on politics places in the country?k

I think I'll put the idea that this group is here and active right along with the "we attacked ourselves on 9/11" paranoia where it belongs, under fiction. Right along side the 3-4 radio people who claim to know the truth about everything!

Old 12-01-2007, 08:12 AM

37 posts, read 160,552 times
I doubt the station owner had a foreign flag placed over the US Flag. People need to wake up and do a soul check. We are being attacked and invaded. Do you not understand this yet?

Old 12-01-2007, 11:22 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,106,797 times
I'm aware of this group. They're angry, bitter, hateful and don't rule out violence to get what they want.

Old 12-01-2007, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas paine View Post
I doubt the station owner had a foreign flag placed over the US Flag. People need to wake up and do a soul check. We are being attacked and invaded. Do you not understand this yet?
You'd really have to know this guys history and listen to him to understand he just might...
I get we're being invaded, just not here (yet) unless it happened while I was out this morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana