U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 01:29 PM

989 posts, read 3,127,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
JJM, first I just wanted to say I'm sorry for a few of the remarks I made on that Montana Culture thread. I think we both got a little wound up and I regret sounding rude. I see they even deleted most of it.
I was disappointed to see them delete those posts, it was a spirited debate and we were making some headway.

As far as the honey bees go, I'm not sure if this is part of a natural cycle or if this is a man made problem. This is the first I have heard of it. Do those folk who set up these bee colonies make any money at it or is it more of small time thing? I've always wondered about this stuff, I better go do some research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2007, 03:27 PM

431 posts, read 1,009,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliegrace View Post
I keep hearing and reading that an unusual number of honey bees are dying in Europe and the United States, and that since bees are extremely important for crop pollination, this could have an adverse effect on our food supply.
Lesliegrace, thank you for bring up this very important topic.

There are so many things that affect honeybees. I personally think the primary cause is electromagnetic frequency bombardment from Haarp, EMF from Gwen and cell phone towers, and the chemtrails. On the interview with Clifford Carnicom, a caller from Seattle reported the sprays are heavier before incoming rain systems, and also noticed a major decrease in the number of insects. Carnicom affirmed receiving additional reports of the this. Chemtrails are reported to contain barium and aluminum salts, among other things, The callers are toward the end of the interview.

electromagnetism & honeybees
http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/sepp...s_to_blame.htm

stop spraying us

http://youtube.com/watch?v=o2BgGlpBVew

whales beached and dying
http://www.rense.com/general11/tiss.htm

weather modification
http://worldvisionportal.org/wvpforu...opic.php?t=296

alex jones interview with clifford carnicom

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ohkV_i_0LWo

haarp, gwen cell towers, EMF
http://www.mindcontrolforums.com/gwen-haarp-satellite-gps-emf-control-grid.htm (broken link)

Old 04-24-2007, 05:06 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,756,791 times
Quote:
I was disappointed to see them delete those posts, it was a spirited debate and we were making some headway.
I was too and I emailed the moderator to ask why they did it and it sounds like someone made a complaint about the language on one of the posts and so he said he went through the whole thread. I regret getting rude though, I hate it when other people do it and I should know better.
Quote:
There are so many things that affect honeybees. I personally think the primary cause is electromagnetic frequency bombardment from Haarp, EMF from Gwen and cell phone towers, and the chemtrails.
That's interesting. When a did a Google search it said this had been a problem for fifty years so I thought that would have ruled out alot of things like cell towers but maybe there's multiple problems going on. The fact that other insects won't enter those hives is also bewildering. That would make it seem more like some sort of disease. Well, they're going to have to get this figured out or it's really going to be a problem.

Old 04-24-2007, 05:47 PM

495 posts, read 365,088 times
MontanaGuy - AQAH, with respect to out 'culture' thread.....
yea, I hope I didn't say anything to bad, and you guys cretainly didn't upset me...well yes maybe we did use some strong language, myself included but hey, it was a spirited debate !
You know you take your best shots, actually I don't mind people hurling insults at me or calling me name, it all makes for a lively exchange, and can be entertaining and fun, you just can't take it serious, how could you. I try to refain my language because I know it ticks of the moderator and whimps, but heck whats the harm in a bunch of people having fun and insulting each other and trying to win their argument, And you guys were fun, I was having a good time. oh well...... I'll and try to think up another fun topic to post.
So what was it that cause them to cut the posts ?

Yea this whole bee thing, might have some truth in it, but hey what happened to that West Nile Virus, is it safe to go outdoors yet ?

And Giftshopguy that was a great post

Old 04-24-2007, 06:52 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,756,791 times
Quote:
So what was it that cause them to cut the posts ?
I emailed the guy who deleted them and asked him about it. He said he received a report which I assume is a complaint from one of the forumers about a particular post but he didn't say which one. I do have a hunch it might have been the opening sentence of one of yours but I don't know for sure. Anyway, we'll find something else to argue about, I'm glad there's no hard feelings. We don't seem to agree on much of anything but I think you're probably a pretty decent guy.
But getting back to the question about the bees, I've been looking up information about this and the more I read the more serious it seems. In Texas, the wild honey bee population declined by 90 percent and the managed honey bees declined by 50 percent in the late nineties. Apparently they've identified something called a varroa mite which feeds off the blood of honey bees and they're having a very tough time getting rid of them. This isn't just any insect, they're vital because they pollinate many plants and there doesn't seem to be any quick fix.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:07 PM

75 posts, read 350,751 times
Regarding the Montana Culture thread: I wasn't offended by it. You guys seemed to be okay with each other, just having a spirited debate. Maybe somebody's language offended someone.

I didn't appreciate the thread that was soliciting sex; some of those posts were very rude! I think that sort of thread is inappropriate for this sort of forum.

To get back to the honey bees: I totally missed the network news stories about the disappearing bees, but one of my brothers and my mother were discussing them, so I started trying to find out what was going on. I was amazed to learn that beekeepers take their bees all over the country to fertilize crops! I had no idea; I thought the bees just showed up (like magic)where they were needed!

I'm wondering if sick bees from different parts of the country are infecting each other when they are transported cross-country to pollinate crops? I also think it's strange that opportunistic creatures that would normally move in and take over a bee hive won't touch these hives for a week or two after the bees disappear.

I have been looking for bees out in my yard (in Texas), and they seem to be virtually gone. Since I found out about this crisis, I have seen only three honeybees in my yard. I would typically see hundreds of bees, expecially on the wax-leaf legustrum bushes by our house. It's sad, and a little bit eerie.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:04 PM

74 posts, read 343,732 times
I live in MN, but sounds like we will find out soon what happens here, according to this article in the MSP STRIB- I have to admit I have only seen 1 or 2 bees on my deck here in the Twin Cities so far, usually many more. Not sure what's up....

StarTribune.com
bees042507

Last update: April 24, 2007 9:32 PM
Why are the bees disappearing?
Honeybees have gone missing from their hives, and the reason has confounded both scientists and beekeepers.

By Matt McKinney, Star Tribune
Researchers nationwide are trying to solve a growing agricultural mystery: Where are all the bees?

Moderator cut: Provide a link instead of copying everything here, please

Last edited by Marka; 12-10-2007 at 04:46 AM..

Old 04-24-2007, 11:41 PM

529 posts, read 1,728,600 times
Oh now here I go waxing all curious and things......

Just got off the horn with my buddy out of Libby about "The Bees".... and "Yes" he says, there were problems for him about 8 or so years ago..... (caught up with him via wireless, incidently, somewhere in California)

But aside from the mites, which have always been around, he said his bee population saw a "marked" increase as soon as he began to introduce a new queen (ridding of the old) every now and again, (something to do with "strong pheromones"), plus the importation of bees from other areas of the country. He says that it takes a few years to get "new bee" populations big enough to consider replacing or selling his current queen.

He says that bee keepers will run their queens ragged until they either die or just plain leave.... he also says that there is too much money in this for him to not re-invest.... he won't run his hives into extinction he says....
The introduction of "the newer and fresher" causes quite a bit of active interest in the hives.... and that despite what he's read over the months, his hives are expanding, growing, and are more profitable for him than even ten years ago. He is pretty proactive about his business, as he should be I guess, because he inherited it from his father.

He laughs a little when we talk about power lines. I guess he's got some clients in California that farm directly under PG&E lines, and he said he's lost more bees to hungry birds.

There aren't many pesticides being used in Libby (probably because there aren't really any big farms), and he keeps the blood fresh in the hives. He feeds them this nasty sticky smelly paste (can't remember the name of it) until very late in the season as there aren't many flowers or alfalfa fields in Lincoln County from which to feed.

Anyhow...... I'm a bee dummy when it comes right down to it. All I know about them really is that up here, they only come out of the hive in the winter to do the dookie, and they do a hurry up job about it too, otherwise the cool air will directly incapacitate them..... and that, he loads 'em up every year and goes about pollinating from southern California all the way back home, and that my dog still lays around on the porch snapping at them every now and again.

Last edited by GiftShoppeGuy; 04-25-2007 at 12:02 AM..

Old 04-25-2007, 08:58 AM

180 posts, read 896,960 times
I don't know if there's a crisis but this has been being report all over the US for several years now. I remember the first time I heard it was about 8 years ago.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:52 AM

431 posts, read 1,009,629 times
Power lines, cell phone frequencies and radio waves are not the primary issue.

Both HAARP, i.e. the high frequency auroral research program, and the Chemtrail program which is a component of HAARP, were started in 1997 and taken over by the military. The aerosols in chemtrails have been found to contain barium salts, aluminum salts, and the highly toxic banned pesticide ethlylene dibromide.

something more to haarp about
http://fairbanks-alaska.com/haarp.htm

haarp and aerosols
http://torrentchannel.com/HAARP,_che...nd_mindcontrol

haarp and the military - angels don't play this haarp
http://www.freedomdomain.com/weathercontrol/pandora.htm (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana