U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 07:30 PM

17 posts, read 75,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I had an idea to buy a closed restaurant and sponsor a Mexican family to run it as an authentic Mexican restaurant but I'm close to being over extended financially for the next few years. The idea is still simmering on the back burner though, right next to the machaca and the chili verde !
Yeah let me in on the business lol I will help run things. Actually that is not a bad Idea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 07:36 PM

Ckhthankgod yeah It seems like the airforce bases helps alot with diversity in a since. And I would not even think about that but your right. I will look at that fact finder site you gave out. I love stats and I love reading on population and what races are in a general area...Thanks alot!

Last edited by StarValentino; 08-21-2009 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: had to edit a name

Old 08-21-2009, 07:55 PM

Geonerd yeah the Mexican food is good! Yeah fresh fruits and vegetables would really help lol Yeah I've noticed the father you are from the ocean seafood quality also gets bad You just go so far to go to have it trucked and by that time it's not as fresh even on ice. Well I picked Montana mainly cause it seemed very remote and looking at the towns in Montana it seemed there were some that were not growing so fast. I love scenery and I would love to have a different adventure in my life and actually have a little peace. I hate sprawl and I hate the cities cause I've notice people aren't so nice in cities and some cannot do with out their playtoys and are stuck in buildings all day and just living a artificial life fighting rush hour traffic everyday being robots 9 to 5. I just want to be able to go outdoors and enjoy gods great earth and drink a beer on a mountain top lol I've read aboout Missoula and how it's no longer a nice place it used to be and growth is out of control. I'm trying to avoid the west part of the state. I will only visit and plus I could never afford the rents and the housing. I was looking at the cost unbelievable. To risky moving there lol. Billings for what I've read on the stats has steady growth but managable. But if it gets crazy I guess I will haft to move further North lol then I would be in Canada oh oh lol How far is Jackson hole Wyoming driving? Looks like a nice place to spend a weekend.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:09 PM

34 posts, read 75,083 times
Billings and Great Falls are pretty similar, so it might be worth it to check out both. Housing in GF isn't too bad. My wife and I rent an 1100 sqft house with a fenced in yard and a garage for around $500.

But the biggest hurdle you're going to face is a lack of jobs and that goes for all parts of Montana.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I would say that Great Falls has the highest percentage though, when including Malmstrom AFB's population(about 7% Black).
I really didn't think about that, but you're right. The population of the AFB is a lot more diverse. It's much closer to the national averages, maybe even slightly higher in favor of minorities. There are jobs to be had on the bases as well, especially for craftsmen and engineers.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:16 PM

WOE! Awsome site! ckhthankgod It shows you actual numbers of the different races instead of just showing you percentages. I wish I would known about the U.S. Census Bureaus Site. Very informative it is. Thank you

Old 08-21-2009, 08:35 PM

6,258 posts, read 12,886,345 times
Hello SV
You will run into folks who have lived an isolated life, with all the inappropriate comments and the like. It is just the way of the world.
If it makes you feel better ALL newcomers have to wade into the thick of it. I have had to and continue to.
If you are interested why not plan a trip?

Old 08-21-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geonerd View Post
Billings and Great Falls are pretty similar, so it might be worth it to check out both. Housing in GF isn't too bad. My wife and I rent an 1100 sqft house with a fenced in yard and a garage for around $500.

But the biggest hurdle you're going to face is a lack of jobs and that goes for all parts of Montana.
Yeah the job crisis is just about nationwide and even here in Texas it's pretty steep. You got professionals with degrees working fast food minimum wage just to make it Everything should get better. I have been saving up so I can put down a full 6 months rent before I come up. Gives me a little cushion and money to live off of in case it takes me awhile to find work. I guess I got to be smart about that since i'm moving miles away alone 1100 sqft for 500 is super. Hard to believe that! So Great falls hmm . How far are the mountains form great falls, Is it super windy up there?

Old 08-21-2009, 09:12 PM

Seven of Nine yeah the way of the world is what it is. I will haft to endure it your right. I plan on taking a trip most likely in October to get a feel of things. I also will know how cold it will be in that month and I know it will get worst lol. Are there Hot springs in billings? or close by maybe?

Old 08-21-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarValentino View Post
Yeah the job crisis is just about nationwide and even here in Texas it's pretty steep. You got professionals with degrees working fast food minimum wage just to make it Everything should get better. I have been saving up so I can put down a full 6 months rent before I come up. Gives me a little cushion and money to live off of in case it takes me awhile to find work. I guess I got to be smart about that since i'm moving miles away alone 1100 sqft for 500 is super. Hard to believe that! So Great falls hmm . How far are the mountains form great falls, Is it super windy up there?
Mountains are about 30 minutes east or west. And yes, in the winter the wind is pretty bad, but I don't know of anywhere in central MT where wind isn't a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana