U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 09:14 PM

4 posts, read 12,068 times

Advertisements

Also beaware of a CLASS 4 Chemaical lab right inthe middle of town. All schools are lessthan 1 mile away.

the lab is owned by the government and works toxic war chemical chemicles like nerve gas.

GOOD luck again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 11:52 PM

163 posts, read 500,744 times
clint741 - You don't have a clue what you're talking about. When did you live in Hamilton? When and which real estate agent screwed you? I have have relatives who have worked at the lab since the 1950's and I have worked with several realty agencies and have never had my health endangered nor been screwed by realty agents. That includes attending the school that bordered the lab.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:06 PM

24 posts, read 110,388 times
I just wanted to say a big Thank You to everyone who commented on my posts about Hamilton. We did move and are loving it! We are so grateful that we moved out of a big congested city to a place as beautiful as this. It is a really good fit for us. I did discover that there are lots of things for preschool age kids here, you just have to look around a little bit to find them.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:15 PM

24 posts, read 110,388 times
PS, Re Clint741's posts: I have found none of this to be true, other than that there is indeed a lab in town- haven't seen any toxic chemicals eminating from it though! We have a class act real estate agent who has worked doggedly for us to find us our perfect home, and people here are generally far more hard working, friendly and reliable than they were in Portland. Hamilton is great because it is a lovely town in a beautiful setting, surrounded by God's playground. Too bad that you weren't able to see that!

Old 08-04-2010, 09:26 PM

LostinPDX - Where did you end up moving too?

Old 08-06-2010, 09:47 PM

10 posts, read 18,978 times
Okay I live in Ohio, and my fiance Justin is looking to take a driving job in Montana, and I really like Hamilton. I have a horse, and here in ohio havent had many problems with wolves (we mostly have coyotes) and never had bear or mountian lion sightings, let alone problems. With Justin over the road most of the time, I would be home alone a lot so are the bears, wolves, and lions a real threat to consider, and will they harm my horse? I know the winters can get bad and animals get desperate, so is there any preventave measures I should consider? I had planned on getting some Mastiff dogs because I love the breed and a coonhound or two...would they be enough to deter the predators?

Old 08-07-2010, 06:15 PM

The dogs might help a little but I would prefer a good quality, accurate rifle. I lived in Hamilton for 30 years, hiked, hunted and fished in all of the canyons to the west and never saw a lion and only a couple bears. BUT this was before the wolf reintroduction.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:18 PM

82 posts, read 160,862 times
LostinPDX, how are you enjoying Hamilton? I recently had a job interview there, and am excited about a possible second interview. Any thoughts for potential newcomers? I used to live in Salem, OR, and am currently in Central Washington.

Thanks!

Old 11-15-2010, 03:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,753 times
Does Hamilton need a good restaurant? Hubby and i are Thinking of moving and have been in the restaurant business for many years. We have lived in Montana for 15 years, just want to move to a little bigger town, we live in a town of under a 1000 now.

Old 11-20-2010, 04:52 PM

7,669 posts, read 8,962,222 times
People are exaggerating the threat of wolves. Yes, there are more of them here but you are much more likely to get struck by lightening than be attacked by a non-rabid wolf. If you live in town you have little to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana