Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 10:18 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times

Advertisements

Standard rank and file liberal. Anti gun, anti business, anti military.

I never had a very high opinion of him in his job performance, even lower in his personal life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 10:08 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Like it or not, Ted Kennedy had the power and influenece to enact a LOT of legislation which will affect our country in many positive ways for generations to come.
And even more legislation that will effect our country in negative ways for generations, right up to the end with him voting to spend money that hasn't even been printed yet.

Have you heard what his hypocrite liberal cohorts in Boston are trying to do now? They enacted a law in 2004 to block the Republican governor from appointing a senator in case Kerry one, now they want to change it so their liberal governor can appoint a successor to Kennedy, a law that Kennedy pushed them to try and change before he died. Hypocrite right to the end.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:22 PM

47 posts, read 116,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
I was raised Catholic and we were taught to forgive.....It was said that Ted had a hard time dealing with what happened regarding Mary Jo. It was unfortunate, yes...but it in no way, was it the reflection of who Ted was as a man.
"but it in no way, was it the reflection of who Ted was as a man." Are you kidding me? A guy gets drunk, drives a vehicle off a bridge, and then flees the scene, leaving others in the accident to fend for themselves - and you think this is the type of behavior reflective of a person who should be trusted with enacting laws upon a nation? Have people in this country completely lost their minds, their sense of decency, integrity, right and wrong?

Give me a break.

Better yet, give me a one way ticket out of this insane matrix where anything goes 'cause we're supposed to "forgive". Yeah, right, that's exactly how Sodom and Gomorrah became so repulsive to the Creator that they were destroyed. So much for your understanding of what is pleasing to God.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:51 PM

59 posts, read 149,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
yada, yada,yada. I do not condemn people for their past but I was raised Catholic and we were taught to forgive. Womanizer..does being one, make a person less than? Clinton is a womanizer but he is capable of doing great things. Drinking, does it make a person less than? By no means was Ted a alcoholic. When he found the love of his life, he quickly turned himself around. Ted loved woman and he loved life but most of all he loved helping people.

It was said that Ted had a hard time dealing with what happened regarding Mary Jo. It was unfortunate, yes...but it in no way, was it the reflection of who Ted was as a man. Regrets, yes sure, but he made it his life's mission to help those people who needed help the most. He made great accomplishments, he was highly respected in Washington, he was a great father, a wonderful husband and he was the best Uncle.

His funeral reflected how well loved he is. Thank Goodness there are people in this world that have forgiveness and allow people, to go on in their lives to do great things.
I would debate that his actions that night were a reflection of who he is, a man who believed (and was later proven) he would not be responsible for his own actions.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:42 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
The thread is open again. Let's keep it within the TOS this time. Also, the OP asked what Montanan's thought of Ted Kennedy. If it continues that way it's going, I'll move it to the Political Forum. How does he or how did he effect you as a Montanan?

We can express out opinion without accusing somebody of being on drugs, or calling them stupid. I cleaned it up, if I have to again, I'll start issuing infractions.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:58 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
The thread is open again. Let's keep it within the TOS this time. Also, the OP asked what Montanan's thought of Ted Kennedy. If it continues that way it's going, I'll move it to the Political Forum. How does he or how did he effect you as a Montanan?
I think that's a really good question. How about this: What legislation did Kennedy specifically sponsor or promote that had or will have an impact on Montana? How will it affect you personally?

Old 09-07-2009, 06:24 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
Since we're not getting any sane responses yet let me rephrase that: Which legislation from Ted Kennedy has impacted your business or family, and how?

I think we all know his basic set of views and how he operated, but for the life of me I can't think of a specific bill that he sponsored or promoted that directly affected me. Of course, I didn't exactly keep track either, but I'm sure someone else must have!

But wait!! You can search for bills sponsored by any Senator or Representative here:

THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Occurs to me it might be interesting to discuss bills from Baucus and other MT Congresscritters in the same light, should anyone want to throw those into the thread (or a new thread -- Elk??)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana