U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 12:21 AM

6,042 posts, read 6,469,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobelover View Post
Or from Southern Colorado and Northern New Mexico. Although some may be mixed with native american they refer to themselves as Spanish since there ancestors from Spain arrived in the area in the the late 1500's. They sometimes call themselves Hispanic or New Mexican but never Mexican since they arrival predates Mexicos possession of the territory.
I was responding to Artsywoman's post referring to ILLEGAL Spanish immigrants in Montana, not the Spanish descendants you are referring to, Those Spanish descendants are not illegal immigrants.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:45 AM

13 posts, read 14,751 times
I worked with someone from South America who told me that South Americans do not like Mexicans. They consider them "mongrels", otherwise plain and simple as "dogs". I was shocked. I asked him why and the nicest part of their reasoning is that they are a Spanish and native Indian mix. Non pure bred as it were.
Myself I was treated oddly by Montanans when I first came to this state in 71. I thought it was because I had a mustache and my hair, OMG, actually touched my collar. I learned later on that it was because they thought I was part Indian.

The old, your not black enough, not Indian enough, not Spanish enough, especially not white enough and so on and so forth.

I remember telling a Mexican who lived next door to my oldest daughter that I thought that because they kicked those Texicans *** at the Alamo that Texas should actually be a part of Mexico, especially all thats in it. Lock stock and barrel. He didn't say a thing. My smart-a.. humor couldn't take his silence so I told him I'd be willing to throw Kal-i-fornia in with it. With that offer he told me they already had Kal-i-fornia.

I had one Mexican tell me he was up here because as a farmer in Mexico he couldn't make a living any more because the NAFTA agreement allowed cheap produce to be shiped from the giant agrafarms in North America to Mexico. Another Mexican said it was because his factory job had been shiped to China. Interesting, isn't it?

Ray an ol Scott of the Armstrongs

Old 09-19-2009, 09:35 AM

3 posts, read 2,100 times
Quote:
I had one Mexican tell me he was up here because as a farmer in Mexico he couldn't make a living any more because the NAFTA agreement allowed cheap produce to be shiped from the giant agrafarms in North America to Mexico. Another Mexican said it was because his factory job had been shiped to China. Interesting, isn't it?
Yes, lots of Mexicans (documented and otherwise) are in the US precisely because of the shifting gales of global capitalism that affect ordinary people everywhere... not because of some pathological disposition to overrun the "American" (i.e. U.S.) way of life, leech off the welfare state, etc... something you usually don't hear from the bonehead nativists. Good one ImSilverWings!

Old 09-19-2009, 10:14 AM

218 posts, read 321,513 times
Elkhunter moderator - I thank you for asking that question. I notice sometimes that people purposely try to inject race into some of the inquiries about cities/towns. Thanks for noticing that! That is why City Data Forum is a good place to be! Thanks for all you do.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:43 AM

37 posts, read 90,590 times
Send them all back. before they send you to the unemployement line, when they beat a fair wage down to nothing. That is whats happening all across the nation. They act real nice when its one on one but when they get all their cousins around and they are the majority, look out folks they will take take take. They have no respect for our country. They have one plan and that is to take as much as they can and leave. They dont respect our nation. I live around them, worked around them and had to deal with them. You can tell me no different from what I have said about them in this post. And if you dont believe it, look at California las vegas texas. They go to hospitols and get free medical and have no intentions of ever paying it back. They get food stamps and they arent even americans. they get affordable housing and again, not even americans. They send billions of dollars back to mexico, how does that help our economy? Why do you think our hospitols are going broke. Schools are going broke? A lady I met lost her job because she could not speak spanish. Our Gov. has everything in two languages now. Why should we cater to them. Wake up America. I say and will always say. If we would send everyone back, which is millions. Just think how many jobs we would have openings for. And dont give me this crap " They do jobs that we dont want to do" BS that is. They have beaten good paying jobs down to a wage where we as americans can not support our families. I spent 10 years in Cali. building homes and look at that Dump now. You cant even get a construction job anymore in residential. Thanks to them. And GREED. Cheap labor. So Montana run them out before its to late as it is in Cali.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:37 AM

17,513 posts, read 21,853,192 times
Decided to get rude.

Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana