Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2009, 12:43 PM

3 posts, read 6,741 times

Advertisements

hi, i'm finally writing a post.... really quick.. i'm from southern california and i'm really thinking about CARROLL COLLEGE, helena or MONTANA STATE U in bozeman.

i'm so tired of south oc and all of it's superficial expectations and all the snootiness.. i love the outdoors and i have to admit i've never lived in the snow..it's 80 degrees all year round here, but i'm ready for change.. i'm looking for a nature scene that has easily accessible trails/rivers and no pollution..

both schools look amazing i'm just trying to find a city that best suits who i am and what i love to do.. i'm in my late 20's and really love farmers markets(organic food is a must) and kind people and nature....hiking, biking ,swimming..

can someone direct me in the right direction? i need to get out of oc and all the fake rich glam scene and just be with some down home people who are not concerned with perfect bodies and blonde hair with fake boobs!!! someone get me OUTTA HERE!!!!

I'm studying medicine and look forward to helping the under-developed communities in montana......very exciting.. thanks for all your help....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 01:26 PM

989 posts, read 3,524,919 times
I think Bozeman would be a better fit. Good luck in your search.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:33 PM

1,153 posts, read 4,557,015 times
Agreed Bozeman is by far the superior college town.

Helena is nice but honestly I think it'd be pretty, well, lame for a college kid.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:43 PM

3 posts, read 6,741 times
thanks for the replies..

Colorado's great but it has a uber- athletic competitive vibe, if anyone knows what i'm talking about.,.... is bozeman like that?

and can anyone tell me about the FARMERS MARKETS??

Old 09-18-2009, 08:03 PM

1,153 posts, read 4,557,015 times
I'm not very familiar with local farmers markets. Bozemanites are definitely into fitness, biking, hiking, etc; but MSU students in general don't take the Bobcats too seriously from my experience (I'm a student). Most of us cheer for them and are happy when they win and such, but we don't take them too seriously either I don't think. UM in Missoula is probably more into athletics.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:39 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
I would vote for Bozeman also, but do look at Helena, there is a college community dedicated to that school.
Farmers Market (http://www.careertransitions.com/Farmers.htm - broken link)

I have shopped here in Helena
Real Food Market & Deli - About Us

Good luck and let us know how it is going. We can sure use anyone in the provider field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana