Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 12:11 PM

18 posts, read 38,221 times

Advertisements

When we moved from California...yes I am a native Califorian to Colorado we were met with this type of hostile attitude from a few "native Coloradans". A couple in general I remember were very nasty with no given reason, they didn't try to get to know us or give us a chance they made their minds up about us judged only on the fact we were "Transplants". The wife of the couple told me one day only after being here for a month or so that "We wouldn't last " after the first winter.....well we have been here for 16 winters and have loved every minute of living here, now we are making our way up to Montana as soon as my husband retires and looking foward to a bunch more winters! We like hunting, fishing, camping, gardening and yes even cow's! I just hope I have never and never will treat someone so rude based on where they came from. I look foward to meeting more of you great Montana people I can never have enough friends no matter where they are from. Oh & the nasty mean couple???? I heard they relocated to......where??? ahhhhh just guess??? you got it CALIFORNIA!!! Hope they like the "Shake, Rattle & Roll" of those peskie earth quakes! My motto for life is: Live Simple, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:06 PM

323 posts, read 1,131,719 times
I am so sick of this friggin' question.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:24 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,410,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevagabond2010 View Post
Understand that we are very used to people coming from the East and West coasts thinking they can handle Montana. They don't realize the extremes and harsh conditions we can live in. There is a tendency for outsiders to stay one...maybe two winters and then head for more accommodating climates.

Winters in the East and in the Upper Midwest are harsher than Montana/Idaho winters. From what I see on the news, the East gets a hell of a lot of snow and in the Midwest, there's a "bite" to them because of that lake air. It can get in your bones if you're not bundled up properly.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:34 PM

4 posts, read 9,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Car View Post
I am rephrasing my question, I didn't mean for it to be so offensive

Do Montanans hate people from california, or any states, and why is it they seem so negative against californians.
It's simple really--former Californians have driven up real estate prices in Montana--and many of them are true "fruits, nuts & flakes"---everything native Montanans aren't!

Old 08-12-2010, 02:39 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times
This thread, like many others, does nothing towards relocation. It serves nothing but arguement and controversy and baits others.

City Data State Forums are to help people to relocate or to help them make decisions on relocation, not a place to argue each and every point somebody says.

This thread is closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana