U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2007, 10:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,202 times

Advertisements

Why is everyone either up set or trying put up a fight for people wanting to move about the country, last I heard its a free country. I have lived in several states and might live in a few more before I die, so what. I think everyone should just mind their own business and live and let live. Dose it really matter if a new commer to the state buys a house and lives next to an old timer thats been there all his life, hey they might become friends and learn something new that they would of never known about by mixing the old with the new. What really is the harm, its not like were invading another country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2007, 11:29 AM

99 posts, read 279,964 times
It seems that population explosion has hit the Dallas/Ft.Worth area, too. It has become nearly impossible to tell when you enter one county to another. The mini-ranch subdivisions have expanded the DFW area more than two counties away from DFW.

The one nature filled woods around the State Park & lake in Cedar Hill inbetween DFW, now has businesses on the lake along with housing subdivisions!

I am glad that I have been accepted by the people here in East Texas, since my move from West of Fort Worth,Tx., where property taxes had increased over 75% in 5 years. It is not easy to move to a new area! Acceptance is so important to me now, due to the unexpected passing of my husband last year.

Hopefully things will get better in Montana.

Old 09-22-2007, 04:29 PM

121 posts, read 361,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Someone paid for your education, your parents education etc. ect...So it's okay to take and not put back? Hmm, interesting.

Ain't life grand??????
Well, I don't mind those that are realistic in their expectations of a having a family. I just don't like subsidizing those that feel they must have big families. Big families were necessary in a pre-industrial agricultural-based ecomony, but not anymore, particularly considering the world's dwindling resources. Maybe families should get a dependent credit on their taxes for the first two children only. Then perhaps people would have smaller families and their wouldn't be all this urban sprawl.

Another thing that irks me is that I don't think that I should have to support every crack ***** who becomes a baby-making machine. To them, more children equals more money from the government. I've seen far too much of that here in Montana and nobody seems to want to do anything about it.

I have been drug-free my entire life and responsible with regards to childbearing (no illegitimate children for the government to support), work two jobs, yet can't buy a house. On the other hand, I see junkies get free or cheap rent, free or cheap utilities etc. There is something wrong with that. Why does our government keep enabling these people to continue in their lifestyle?

Old 09-22-2007, 08:42 PM

22,952 posts, read 22,546,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenzebel View Post
Well, I don't mind those that are realistic in their expectations of a having a family. I just don't like subsidizing those that feel they must have big families. Big families were necessary in a pre-industrial agricultural-based ecomony, but not anymore, particularly considering the world's dwindling resources. Maybe families should get a dependent credit on their taxes for the first two children only. Then perhaps people would have smaller families and their wouldn't be all this urban sprawl.

Another thing that irks me is that I don't think that I should have to support every crack ***** who becomes a baby-making machine. To them, more children equals more money from the government. I've seen far too much of that here in Montana and nobody seems to want to do anything about it.

I have been drug-free my entire life and responsible with regards to childbearing (no illegitimate children for the government to support), work two jobs, yet can't buy a house. On the other hand, I see junkies get free or cheap rent, free or cheap utilities etc. There is something wrong with that. Why does our government keep enabling these people to continue in their lifestyle?
Now that you've explained it better I can't disagree! This all goes back to personal responsability which seems to be seriously lacking nowdays. I figure if you're going to have a lot of kids ok, but you better not be filing for CHIPS or WIC or medicaid.....

Old 09-24-2007, 09:58 AM

8 posts, read 36,867 times
Well you all can have Montana, My husband is Military me and my family cant wait to get out of here!!! been here 3 years to long. Don't get me wrong Its a nice city Great falls but there is nothing hear and every thing is a drive. But its not for me or my family. I come from a small town but even than there was tons of stuff to do as well for the children and teenagers to do! If it wasn't for the base having stuff the kids they would be screwed!!! Its a good place to visit but not to live. I'm ready to get out of here and move on. Good bye Great Falls!!!!! And yes I hike and camp and there still isn't much here to do. Boise, ID would be a good place to live for those of you who are thinking about it, you won't go wrong there!!

Old 09-24-2007, 11:40 AM

495 posts, read 366,905 times
kisses75 wrote:
Quote:
Well you all can have Montana, My husband is Military me and my family cant wait to get out of here!!! been here 3 years to long. Don't get me wrong Its a nice city Great falls but there is nothing hear and every thing is a drive. But its not for me or my family. I come from a small town but even than there was tons of stuff to do as well for the children and teenagers to do! If it wasn't for the base having stuff the kids they would be screwed!!! Its a good place to visit but not to live. I'm ready to get out of here and move on. Good bye Great Falls!!!!! And yes I hike and camp and there still isn't much here to do. Boise, ID would be a good place to live for those of you who are thinking about it, you won't go wrong there!!
Well there you have it ! another satisfied customer I'm just kidding now so don't y'all go takin' it the wrong way. Kisses, I'm wondering what is it that you like it to be for the kids to do ? And what is different about Boise ? I'm sure it's a much more contemporary city but what's there.
I do appluad your move though and wish more would follow, and I don't mean that in a mean spirited way. I'm sure Boise is a very nice place as I don't think Montana has anymore (perhaps less) than other states. I'm sure there is much more economic oppurtunity in Boise.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:05 PM

22,952 posts, read 22,546,154 times
I'm trying joejoe, I'm trying!!!!

Old 09-25-2007, 11:35 AM

495 posts, read 366,905 times
jimj wrote
Quote:
I'm trying joejoe, I'm trying!!!!
that's all we can ask

Old 09-25-2007, 10:04 PM

3 posts, read 10,312 times
Look what has happened to Kalispell......lot's of Illegals working and living there, brought in by Developers building sub-divisions and taken jobs from locals....have had friends move from that area to get away from all the BS

Old 09-25-2007, 10:11 PM

3 posts, read 10,312 times
that's why I moved to CO. State about 45 miles NE of Denver...very small town etc..only 1 small store....but still have friends back in MT...Kalispell who r getting to get out, can't make a living no more ...can't compete against Contractors from out of state who bring in thier own crews....sucks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana