Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2007, 07:48 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,941,096 times

Advertisements

Nah, not this time. We've done this 3 times and I truely can't take the cold anymore. Hurts too much in the bones and if I slip one more time I could end up rolling around instead of walking.
I do have a good one for you though, a new person started at my friends work and immediately started telling them that where she came from they did things way differently and that the way things were done here was wrong. This person then started taking over and telling the co-workers who had been there for years what to do and how to do it and pretty much looking down on them as know nothings.
Anyone want to guess where this person was from? C'mon anyone????
I hear CA brewing out there, or maybe WA?

Nope!!! Born and raised in BILLINGS! So it seems even people from here can act like others are being accused of acting....
BTW, absolutely true story....Happened in the past week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2007, 09:21 AM

1,011 posts, read 3,090,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevylover View Post
I agree that we are blaming all the "growth" on the wrong people. A lot of what happened in Washington was every one seeing dollar signs. No one stopped to think about all problems it might create. I met with a real estate agent in Montana this weekend and they said something to me about wanting to bring more people to the area. I said no, that's why I want to move here, to get away from people. So there you go, once again a person seeing dollar signs and not what could happen to a beautiful area by "bringing people in".
Exactly.

Exactly.

Exactly.

But this is the society we've created, and the one we (for some f-ing reason) cling to.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:46 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,602,645 times
Just stumbled in here. I can see both sides. Montana is one of the few states I have not visited, but I have always imagined it as the quaint villages and fly fishing streams that another poster described surrounded by snow capped mountain peaks. Western Montana that is.

I would like to move to a beautiful place like Montana, but if I already lived there I would not want to see my way of life changed or destroyed. California and Florida were once beautiful too, but then they were overrun by the people who wanted to enjoy the good life. Then you get the housing developments, strip malls, crime etc. just like the area you were fleeing.

By the way, I like your state quarter.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:14 AM

483 posts, read 2,090,575 times
It looks like most everyone sees the real problem: too many people.

So, what are you going to do about it?
Birth control, Chinese style?
Pray for a global epidemic?
Mass starvation?
Euthanasia?

Seems like those aren't very appealing options.
Fences would be more humane. Too bad they don't work.
So what's left?

Old 10-07-2007, 04:31 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,941,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvm View Post

Mass starvation?
Euthanasia?

So what's left?
Shhhh, someone might take some of these suggestions seriously....

Old 10-08-2007, 11:16 AM

41 posts, read 210,596 times
Default It's Everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeMan View Post
OK, So I'll vent a little ......

First off, speaking from myself to reply to what someone said......I don't dislike newcomers on a personal basis, no matter what state they are from, just made a new friend, he grewup in Calif, and he is quite pleasant.
What I resent is what is happening to Montana as a result of 'growth' - which in most part due to the influx of people.
Now second off - I think people have all the right to complain about what ever they want, if Montanians wanna' complain about Califs - go ahead, if Califs wanna' complain about Montanians - go ahead. So what, I don't see where that precludes any or us from being decent to each when we meet on the street.
With that said - I will state my usual position, and it's not a complaint, it's just my position: For anyone that wants to move to Montana - I would encourage you to seek out other nice places in the country to live, there are many other beautiful areas that actualy are nicer and cheaper than Montana. Montana, especialy western Montana which is nothing like what it use to be, and it certainly, currently, is not a true representitive of it's past romantic reputation. Simply put, it is not what people imagine it to be anymore. Western Montana is not small quint towns, peacefull fly fishing rivers and the like, what it is, is housing developements, traffic, shopping malls, hobby ranches for the rich and rivers crowded with fishing guides, just to mention a few attributes of life in now-a-days Montana. And oh by the way, it is becoming more such that way everyday. The buidling of housing developments and strip malls continues, everywhere you turn, another pasture or tree'd lot is being dug up. True there are some quite spots left in western montana, but you usually don't have to look to long or to far from them to see the development that is closing in on them too.
It's not just Montana and the Northwest. Overpopulation is a problem all across the U.S. and the world. Okay, folks, what are we going to do about it?

Last edited by RuralSeeker; 10-08-2007 at 11:17 AM.. Reason: grammar, content

Old 10-08-2007, 11:21 AM

81 posts, read 397,826 times
I might be moving to Montana and you can't stop me! MWHAHAHAAAAaaaaa

Old 10-08-2007, 12:24 PM

11 posts, read 97,755 times
We are thinking of moving to montana but rest assured I won't be bothering anyone or changing anything. I would much prefer to have my own lil place away from everyone. Don't get me wrong..i'm not a rude person..I just get tired of crabby people that have too much time on their hands..I'm also tired of the heat. I prefer animals to people so what better place to go.
I don't see why people get mad at others moving there. Last I checked..america was home to us all and that includes montanna. I can'tchange it that I was born here in Indiana but I can change if I choose to die here. So welcome me or not I really don't care. But you have no more right to that state then the rest of us do.

Old 10-08-2007, 05:48 PM

69 posts, read 222,937 times
L M Be
As one poster said, do not base your information upon the words of this Montana forum.
You will be with thousands of other, out of state state brothers, who most likely make up the largest share of the Montana population. Third and forth generation Montanans are far and few between. Longterm montanans are the folks with the most land and I would venture to guess they are the most responsible for the growth in Montana. With out land to build on how do you creat sprawl. Sprawl is what everyone complains about. I came from WA. State, where sprawl is a way of life, I think they teach sprawl 101 in the schools so young people can grow to love it.
People born and raised in Montana still have" their forest" to play in. It will take a few years more for the signs that pop up everywhere and say "Proposed last use Action".
Around the Seattle area I began calling the them "proposed Land abuse signs".
When the house sells I am moving back,not to the west but the Eastern WA.
I have met some very good folks here, but I have met many more with attitude problems. Crazy on the road, park like morons, and complain alot. Where I live there seems to be a very deficiant lack of pride in themselves, their property, and the state as a whole.
If you move here, and you here for example, the beautiful Bitteroot Valley, Take a close look. The longer the person owns his property the more trash and car frames,animal bones trashed trailers he collects.
6 years is enough for me.Don't expect a block party when you move in.
A-20

Old 10-08-2007, 10:56 PM

495 posts, read 489,862 times
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Mass starvation?
Euthanasia?

So what's left?
Actually the population of the country has stabilized - BUT it is now being driven up from all the immigrants - MOSTLY illegal !
If our wonderful government wanted we would have a stable population and not have all these ugly problems with growth.
Unfortunately 'growth' is our 'new' economy.....seeing how we don't manufacture anything anymore.
Our country is being degenerated all in the name of growth, for what purpose ? - Answer: greed and money !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana