U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2007, 10:49 AM

7,540 posts, read 12,568,785 times

Advertisements

JoeJoeMan says, "Actually the population of the country has stabilized - BUT it is now being driven up from all the immigrants - MOSTLY illegal !"

I recently saw a State Dept. figure about that. Something like 40M of the last 100M pop increase is due to immigration. Not only that, but immigrant families have something like 3 kids for every ONE kid that U.S.-born parents produce. In a couple more decades, the U.S.-born will be outnumbered by immigrants and their first-generation offspring.

Anyone else remember when the U.S. hit 200M people? it wasn't that long ago. Growth is increasing exponentially, and people are being crowded or driven out of the very areas where they grew up and raised their own kids. Southern cities have become so immigrant-centric that in some areas, you CANNOT find a business that uses English as its primary language (and maybe not at all, in heavily-Mexican areas). Frito-Lay is selling potato chips IN THE U.S. that have Spanish as the PRIMARY language on the label.

Welcome to Los Estados Mexicanos del Norte.....

Last edited by Reziac; 10-09-2007 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 11:25 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,452,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
JoeJoeMan says, "Actually the population of the country has stabilized - BUT it is now being driven up from all the immigrants - MOSTLY illegal !"

I recently saw a State Dept. figure about that. Something like 40M of the last 100M pop increase is due to immigration. Not only that, but immigrant families have something like 3 kids for every ONE kid that U.S.-born parents produce. In a couple more decades, the U.S.-born will be outnumbered by immigrants and their first-generation offspring.

Anyone else remember when the U.S. hit 200M people? it wasn't that long ago. Growth is increasing exponentially, and people are being crowded or driven out of the very areas where they grew up and raised their own kids. Southern cities have become so immigrant-centric that in some areas, you CANNOT find a business that uses English as its primary language (and maybe not at all, in heavily-Mexican areas). Frito-Lay is selling potato chips IN THE U.S. that have Spanish as the PRIMARY language on the label.

Welcome to Los Estados Mexicanos del Norte.....
Si! Muey Bueno.....

Old 10-09-2007, 11:31 AM

7,540 posts, read 12,568,785 times
No entiendo. No hablo Ingles!!

One nasty trick that gov't officials here in SoCal use, is that they speak Spanish to each other so the gringo they're dealing with doesn't know what's going on (but I know enough Spanish to recognise that their discussion is not legit). It's to where we really need a law that ALL such proceedings shall be conducted in English, simply to prevent this.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:19 PM

2 posts, read 3,573 times
Finally a positive attitude. I try to maintain a positive attitude each day, especially when I am out and away from my home. People generally are not an irritation to me. I make it MY business to respect others, but, if they do not return the same characteristic..I do not take it personal. If they prefer not to be friendly, it is not a problem to me, the unfriendly person has to own it and live with themselves and look themselves in the mirror. If that person likes what he/she sees well, then, we don't have to live with it. It is meant that oppression comes, but be not the one by which it comes. Thank you "Heart" for your kind inspiration...my husband and hope to move to Montana next year and I hope to find people like you when we do. God's blessings to you and yours.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:55 PM

11 posts, read 89,234 times
Maybe all of us newcomers need to form our own town so we KNOW it will be friendly lol..just kidding..but i do hope if we do decide to move there that the people there are alot friendlier than the ones on here..

Old 10-10-2007, 01:04 PM

1,640 posts, read 4,220,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveMeBe View Post
Maybe all of us newcomers need to form our own town so we KNOW it will be friendly lol..just kidding..but i do hope if we do decide to move there that the people there are alot friendlier than the ones on here..
Don't worry, I am from Montana and I think most the people on this forum are pretty rude but everytime I go back to MT the people are still very friendly.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:15 AM

5 posts, read 11,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JENJEN3565 View Post
This really does solidify ignorance. I checked the link and am in denial that such anal *****holes are actually voicing their opinion. Repeat after me everyone "California is not a venerial disease, but a state." We are not spreading ok. If everyone checked that link out that you posted you would see an oh so intelligent anti California remark that reads "Californias have destroyed their state with illegals and open borders, mexicans are taking over their territory."... So clearly the uneducated fool answered the question...We are driven out as well. WE have not done anything to ourselves. I am sickened by this.
What do you mean you're not done anything to yourselves? You've elected liberals to your state houses that encourage the illegals. Your gov, just this week, vetoed a bill that would have given free college tution to illegals. Yes, he did veto it, but the majority of both your houses voted for it. Also, is it not illegal for your local cops to pick up illegals and transport them to the INS? How about your public schools? Do you not freely educate the illegals?

So again, how can you say you've not done it to yourselves?

Be careful when calling someone a fool, it sometimes comes back on you.

Old 10-21-2007, 09:33 PM

24 posts, read 39,013 times
Default Who voted them in? Sure as hell NOT ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutshot_again View Post
What do you mean you're not done anything to yourselves? You've elected liberals to your state houses that encourage the illegals. Your gov, just this week, vetoed a bill that would have given free college tution to illegals. Yes, he did veto it, but the majority of both your houses voted for it. Also, is it not illegal for your local cops to pick up illegals and transport them to the INS? How about your public schools? Do you not freely educate the illegals?

So again, how can you say you've not done it to yourselves?

Be careful when calling someone a fool, it sometimes comes back on you.
That's it right there, all the rights in the world for the illegal aliens and none for the red-blooded American. But how can you label the whole state as one opinion, saying we did it to ourselves? As for myself and everyone one in my life, what's happening to this state is disgusting, and I happen to think being a liberal is a mental disorder. Do me a favor, look up the racial statistics for the state of CA. Going to be damn near 50% latino, and which way do you think they're going to vote? Join that with the vast number of Berkely produced tree hugging hippies and it's easy to see why things are the way they are, but for the people like me this is a nightmare. So you can't blame someone with my feelings about this state to want to move to a place like Montana, Colorado, Idaho etc. Just be thankful the majority of people relocating to where you're from are Californians with my state of mind that can't stand this crap anymore, not illegal aliens running you out of your own country with the government supporting it.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:31 AM

5 posts, read 11,874 times
I don't blame them and I don't blame you. I would want to move also. My point is that you now see MT (and other states) attempting to restrict overdevelopment by one means or the other and sometimes doing so with passion. If CA would have done the same thing years ago (including enforcement of federal immigration laws) it wouldn't be such a mess. Then I do a slow burn when these people move in and tell me how wonderful it is "back home".

Old 10-24-2007, 12:25 PM

43 posts, read 124,380 times
we moved here from alabama in the spring people are nice and we have been treated well but we didnt come here to change there world just try and fit into it ...GOD I love this place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana