U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2007, 02:39 PM

104 posts, read 326,017 times

Advertisements

Does Canada have room for any Americans wanting to escape the excessive illegal immigration? If we had laws against it it wouldn't be a problem, so let's pray and hope the next president makes this an issue and actually makes laws to SENT THEM ALL BACK TO WHERE THEY CAME FROM. It's sad to know that many of our ancestors gave up their lives fighting them in Texas and California and win, only to let them come back again but this time giving them everything free that we work so hard to get. It's not right and I predict this will either come to a blow some day or we will let them walk all over this country handing everything we can to them and we will be the one's looking for new country to go to. Move over Canada here come the Americans!
JoeJoeMan Please save us! You got my vote!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 03:00 PM

43 posts, read 124,431 times
AMEN elkman

Old 10-24-2007, 03:58 PM

7,540 posts, read 12,581,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkman View Post
Does Canada have room for any Americans wanting to escape the excessive illegal immigration? If we had laws against it it wouldn't be a problem, so let's pray and hope the next president makes this an issue and actually makes laws to SENT THEM ALL BACK TO WHERE THEY CAME FROM.
Canada's immigration laws are pretty strict, with fairly stringent requirements as to your financial worth -- you have to be a tax asset before they want you. I qualify, but my helper does not.

Tho I wonder if "conscientious objector" could apply, as in "I conscientiously object to being overrun by illegal aliens".

I thought we should all be kind to those poor downtrodden immigrants before I lived in SoCal. Now, after being affected firsthand by the inrushing flood, I'm all for gun turrets at the border.

Sometimes you gotta live it before you understand it.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:14 AM

104 posts, read 326,017 times
The right to bear arms. It's our right. Remember the Alamo? That overwhelming feeling of being closed in? Nowhere to go? Nowhere to escape. They just keep coming and fear sets in because nothing is being done about it. It may not affect the rest of my life but it sure will my children. And I don't want to see that happen. Save America!
Is there a Wal-Mart in Mexico? I figured that would lure them back. Maybe we need to build another one.

Old 10-30-2007, 09:07 PM

448 posts, read 919,744 times
Wow !! that's a fantastic idea !!!!!!! Let's get in touch with WalMart and get them down there, oh wait a minute, some goods and services come from there...

Old 10-31-2007, 04:06 AM

83 posts, read 289,245 times
I understand the reason so many don't want any newcomers to move here. Some just want it to stay the same as it has always been. But as long as we keep having children, then land will keep on being subdivided and property values will continue to go up as the need for expansion in our schools cost more taxes because of more children. Its an endless circle. Now I have run into alot of Montana family's that have 4 and 5 or more children. Where do you think they are going to live? So people, Get off your soap boxes and stop having large family's and realize that costs and taxes are going up everywhere. I don't think you can mention a single place where taxes have not risen. Even in poor old N. Dakota a state that is losing population, taxes have risen to maintain the services they have. So can't we, Can't we Please, can't we just get along?

Old 10-31-2007, 03:17 PM

Location: I live in Ronan, MT but am stationed in Virginia Beach
290 posts, read 628,062 times
If people could make do with what they have, not need to make thousands so they can take fancy cruises or whatever, maybe land wouldn't be sold off for fortunes. If people were happy with the simple things in life, we wouldn't have these problems. But the human race being what it is and our culture valuing progress and money, it is what it is. Why can't the retired rancher or whoever, take their 20 extra acres and sell it to one or two people and be satisfied with that money? Why does it have to become multiple lots for much more money? It's all in the values of who owns the land. Greed I say.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:32 PM

6,023 posts, read 11,880,577 times
Now this thread is making me want to go ahead and move to mexico to retire !

Old 10-31-2007, 09:13 PM

16 posts, read 94,955 times
[quote=DanielRead;1879367]If people could make do with what they have, not need to make thousands so they can take fancy cruises or whatever, maybe land wouldn't be sold off for fortunes. If people were happy with the simple things in life, we wouldn't have these problems.

I am glad to hear that somone finally said this.... Thank You.

I personally am getting away from all the hype, the glitz, the 'beamer', the hurry up mentality. People don't know how much I'm worth and I don't care to show off with clothes, cars, or anything else.

I'm selling my loghome, land, yes, yuppie level taxes and moving into a travel trailer. I'll have a big barn and live in my trailer with FREEDOM and happiness.

Mostly I love to go camping.........

Old 11-01-2007, 05:14 AM

5,006 posts, read 13,838,880 times
We owned a new 40 foot 5th. I was so tired of living in it without owning any land. They do get old fast. And to think that what we spent on that trailer we could have own a house and land in OK. So we finally sold our trailer and got land in OK. At least you will have a big barn and land, but still trailers get old, as would a new house for me, which I hate. So we got a farm house.

I used to want to retire in Mexico, but then I realized that it would only be fun for the first two years. When you need a doctor your insurance doesn't cover it, so you would have to fly to the States. If you don't learn Spanish well enough it can get pretty lonely. But there are some beautiful areas in Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana