U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-01-2009, 05:10 PM

3,800 posts, read 3,741,972 times
Where the heck is the FBI? These folks are up to no good and need to be investigated.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 07:28 PM

6,259 posts, read 8,405,125 times
I posted this yesterday on the Hardin thread but alot has happened since then..
Mysterious Private Security Firm Gets Control Of Empty Jail In Small Montana Town | TPMMuckraker

Old 10-02-2009, 09:09 AM

2,897 posts, read 5,001,850 times
prisonplanet radio was talking about this all day yesterday, u can hear it online live 12-4pm the talk-radio owner is there checking it out

Old 10-02-2009, 11:11 AM

6,428 posts, read 7,298,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
I posted this yesterday on the Hardin thread but alot has happened since then..
Mysterious Private Security Firm Gets Control Of Empty Jail In Small Montana Town | TPMMuckraker
Read down thru the comments... ignoring those whose tinfoil hats need refitting, I found these of particular interest and insight:
by Interventor, September 30, 2009 11:38 PM

The company appears to be an offshot of Defense Product Services. They're a small outfit that has about 17 contracts worth about $26 million in Iraq and Afghanistan. Mainly vehicles, clothing gym gear, some weapons and protective clothing.

The APFG website is a rip off of Xe/Blackwater. I suspect this is a shell company attempting to break into the big time. If they get the contract signed, they will get backing. If not, they're toast. I've seen this before, as I've been in the business about 38 years.
And:
by CincyCapell, October 1, 2009 1:22 AM

defenseproductsolutions.com is hosted on the same IP (97.74.186.121) as americanpolicegroup.com. Both sites feature the same logo. Click on the Catalog link on defenseproductsolutions.com and say ‘hello’ to Edward Angelino.

Other business names associated with him: Allied Defense Systems, Inc. (allieddefensesystems.com) and Defense Consulting Group, Inc. There are almost certainly many more. I only spent ten minutes on this.

I looked through a couple of the sites that use the same template and noticed this:

allieddefensesystems.com/aboutus.htm:

Founded in 1990, ADS and its veteran team have serviced a variety of contracts under extreme conditions in the Middle East. Our projects have ranged from base camp construction operations to supplying world-class military vehicles. In the midst of international tensions, ADS will perform.

defenseproductsolutions.com/aboutus.htm:

Founded in 2004, DPS and its veteran team have serviced a variety of contracts under extreme conditions in the Middle East. Our projects have ranged from base camp construction operations to supplying world-class military vehicles. In the midst of international tensions, DPS will perform.

HAHA.

Searching eangelino@aol.com will bring up more links for anyone who’s interested in unraveling these antics. Oh yeah! Do you have a, “2002 Lamborghini Murcielago tail winng or spoliler”[sic]? You might have a buyer. Guess who? Yep, that’s right.

There are many addresses, phone and fax numbers associated with all of this. I’m not sure why the Associated Press and others haven’t made these connections, but it’s all available on Google.
And:
by Dean L. Surkin, October 1, 2009 10:49 AM

It appears that the Town of Hardin has signed a multi-year lease, with a value in 8 figures, with a tenant that is a start-up company. As a lawyer, I would never permit my client to do that without a guarantee from a third party with established credit. So who is that third party? Or did the lawyers for the town completely miss this issue?
Judging by the history already uncovered for "Captain Hilton", this appears to be a big-time scam. The bigger the con, the more likely people will buy into it. Make it big enough, and even the gov't will buy into it.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:05 PM

15,952 posts, read 12,082,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klapton View Post
So... Anyone know what's going on with "American Police Force" (apparently a Blackwater-type mercenary force) taking over law enforcement operations in Hardin?
It's GITMO West, the Federal Prison. These guys are Prison Guards, nothing more. Those Terrorists from Gitmo will be out on weekend passes in Hardin soon

Last edited by Boompa; 10-02-2009 at 08:15 PM..

Old 10-03-2009, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Read down thru the comments... ignoring those whose tinfoil hats need refitting, I found these of particular interest and insight:
by Interventor, September 30, 2009 11:38 PM

The company appears to be an offshot of Defense Product Services. They're a small outfit that has about 17 contracts worth about $26 million in Iraq and Afghanistan. Mainly vehicles, clothing gym gear, some weapons and protective clothing.

The APFG website is a rip off of Xe/Blackwater. I suspect this is a shell company attempting to break into the big time. If they get the contract signed, they will get backing. If not, they're toast. I've seen this before, as I've been in the business about 38 years.
And:
by CincyCapell, October 1, 2009 1:22 AM

defenseproductsolutions.com is hosted on the same IP (97.74.186.121) as americanpolicegroup.com. Both sites feature the same logo. Click on the Catalog link on defenseproductsolutions.com and say ‘hello’ to Edward Angelino.

Other business names associated with him: Allied Defense Systems, Inc. (allieddefensesystems.com) and Defense Consulting Group, Inc. There are almost certainly many more. I only spent ten minutes on this.

I looked through a couple of the sites that use the same template and noticed this:

allieddefensesystems.com/aboutus.htm:

Founded in 1990, ADS and its veteran team have serviced a variety of contracts under extreme conditions in the Middle East. Our projects have ranged from base camp construction operations to supplying world-class military vehicles. In the midst of international tensions, ADS will perform.

defenseproductsolutions.com/aboutus.htm:

Founded in 2004, DPS and its veteran team have serviced a variety of contracts under extreme conditions in the Middle East. Our projects have ranged from base camp construction operations to supplying world-class military vehicles. In the midst of international tensions, DPS will perform.

HAHA.

Searching eangelino@aol.com will bring up more links for anyone who’s interested in unraveling these antics. Oh yeah! Do you have a, “2002 Lamborghini Murcielago tail winng or spoliler”[sic]? You might have a buyer. Guess who? Yep, that’s right.

There are many addresses, phone and fax numbers associated with all of this. I’m not sure why the Associated Press and others haven’t made these connections, but it’s all available on Google.
And:
by Dean L. Surkin, October 1, 2009 10:49 AM

It appears that the Town of Hardin has signed a multi-year lease, with a value in 8 figures, with a tenant that is a start-up company. As a lawyer, I would never permit my client to do that without a guarantee from a third party with established credit. So who is that third party? Or did the lawyers for the town completely miss this issue?
Judging by the history already uncovered for "Captain Hilton", this appears to be a big-time scam. The bigger the con, the more likely people will buy into it. Make it big enough, and even the gov't will buy into it.
Rez that is some very interesting information. Let's hope the folks there are doing their due diligence!

Old 10-03-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Rez that is some very interesting information. Let's hope the folks there are doing their due diligence!
Those were the ones who sounded like they actually had a clue and knew how to research the issue... coupled with the above post re the Crow police dude (I get the feeling he's decidedly anti-America) I'm getting really bad vibes from the whole deal.

As to due diligence, that seems to have gone out the window when Hardin first built the prison. With any luck the bank will foreclose on it and that'll be that.

It also occurs to me that if the MT constitution prohibits private police forces, then privately-run prisons are ALSO unlawful (since by their nature they will have private police, ie. guards) -- since prison is an arm of the justice system, which is supposed to be administered by public officials... you see my reasoning here? I'm thinking this is going to wind up as a state constitutional test case in the MT courts.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:30 AM

Yes, I am following your line of reasoning.
Interesting to see how this will pan out.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Yes, I am following your line of reasoning.
Interesting to see how this will pan out.
Methinks this will involve a frying pan and a fire

Old 10-07-2009, 03:25 AM

1 posts, read 817 times
The Hardin prison was a bunco scheme from the get-go in 2005. The APF was a complete scam, the work of a single con man and a couple of confederates who were probably also conned into participating.He's screwed his crime partners before.Hardin is run by a bunch of retards. They still don't really get it.No jail takeovers, no private police force, no black helicopters, no flouride poisoning of the water supply. Just bunk. That's all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana