U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 01:26 AM

6,488 posts, read 7,612,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
Fox news is not news, its a part of the republican party. Come on they have spread so many total lies it is not even funny.
And the other news corps are NOT aligned with some party and ALWAYS tell the truth?? Amazing.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:30 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,632,763 times
I hear the Tea Party express is coming down to Cheyenne as well.
I have helped plan a couple tea parties in my community (Sheridan/Buffalo), our premise was corruption period, and electing Constitutional leaders that would actually take their oath to serve seriously...

But I have to say I am pretty disappointed with the Tea party Express, bus tour thing.
They don't go quite far enough. In other words, where is the accountability on both sides? They are too busy slinging mud at Obama, what about their own GOP that has let them down and engaged in the same corruption? Where was this Tea party express when Bush was doing the same things Obama is now?
I dislike Obama myself, not siding with him at all, just to clarify, I agree with everything they say in that regard, but don't agree that they aren't willing to turn to finger around and look at themselves and make sure they walk the walk not just talk to the talk. That is why the GOP is crumbling...

What people are truly tired of is the lies and lack of transparency. This used to be a country of "We the People" until it was taken over by political corruption on both sides...

Old 11-02-2009, 12:23 PM

6,038 posts, read 6,869,442 times
Quote:
Fox news is not news, its a part of the republican party. Come on they have spread so many total lies it is not even funny.

Sorry organic, open your eyes. You don't like Fox because of the opinion and commentary shows that they have. The actual hard news is basically the same as the other news networks hard news. I watch all of the news networks and I think you are confusing the opinion programs with the news reports.
I am calling you out to show us the so called lies that Fox has told. Freaking prove it to us that their news stories are lies.

If you can't come up with proof of a lie that Fox has reported as fact then I will consider you to be the liar. Come on give us some proof or S.T.F.U.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:18 PM

189 posts, read 534,365 times
Spoken like a true liberal pMSNBC-watching shill organick!

I was there yesterday as well and there was a pretty good turn out considering it was at 11am Sunday when a lot of people were in church.

The TEA Party events are not about being a Democrat or Republican. They are about fighting against the way big government is taking over our lives and trying to rewrite the Constitution. If you're too lazy to think for yourself and enjoy having the government do EVERYTHING for you, then just keep voting for the status quo. But if you're sick and tired of the way our liberties are being stripped away more and more, then get off your butt and tell Baucus and Tester that you're going speak with your vote if they don't start working for the PEOPLE instead of themselves.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:47 PM

2,087 posts, read 563,615 times
Wow you guys make it too easy here is 10 lies told by fox during the election. Then there is another article at the bottom with very clear lies by chris wallace.

1. Bill Hemmer reported that Department of Education official Kevin Jennings knew of a "statutory rape" case involving a 15-year-old student but "never reported it." In fact, the student was above the age of consent.

2. In March, Fox News's Martha MacCallum presented a clip of Vice President Joe Biden saying "the fundamentals of the economy are strong" -- and presented it as from an interview that weekend. In fact, the clip came from a 2008 campaign event at which Biden was quoting Sen. John McCain.

3. In April, Fox News's Wendell Goler reported on an Obama question-and-answer session that was cut short to make it seem as if the president wanted a health care system "like the European countries." In fact, he was just restating a question -- he went on to say that he opposed such a system.

4. In April, Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly described a "problematic" remark by Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor as "reverse racism" and said it sounded like she thought "that Latina judges are obviously better than white male judges."

5. In May, Fox News's Jon Scott said the network had decided to look back on how the stimulus "grew, and grew, and grew." In fact, the entire report came from a Senate Republican Communications Center press release, complete with typo.

6. In October, Fox News's Trace Gallagher and Bill Sammon claimed that Senate Democrats would like provisions of the PATRIOT Act that helped catch a suspected terrorist to "go bye-bye." It was a total distortion of both the proposed changes and the terror case.

7. Wallace had a former Bush administration aide Jim Towey as a guest on "Fox News Sunday" in August and together they pushed numerous falsehoods about a Veterans Affairs administration pamphlet on end-of-life issues.

8. On the news show "America's Pulse," E.D. Hill described Barack and Michelle Obama's fist bump at a campaign event last summer as a "terrorist fist jab." She later apologized and claimed that was how it had been "characterized in the media."

9. In a segment on Obama's budget in April, the network claimed it was four times bigger than President Bush's costliest plan. That simply isn't true.

10. Fox News reporters constantly promoted the Tea Party movement and also lied about coverage of the September Tea Party march on Washington in an ad. The network completely ignored an equally large gay-rights march in October.

Aforementioned article

August 23, 2009 - On Fox News Sunday, Chris Wallace repeatedly cropped quotes from a Veterans Health Administration (VHA) document to falsely suggest that the Obama administration is pressuring veterans to end their lives prematurely and to accuse Assistant Secretary of Veterans Affairs Tammy Duckworth of lying about it. In fact, contrary to Wallace's false assertions, the document he referred to does not require doctors to direct veterans to what conservatives have labeled the "Death Book for Veterans."
Click here to watch the video.
Wallace claims document directs VA doctors "to refer all veterans" to "Your Life, Your Choices"
From the August 23 edition of Fox Broadcasting Co.'s Fox News Sunday:
WALLACE: Secretary Duckworth, that's just not true. The VHA put out a directive on July 2, 2009, and I want to put up two pages from that directive. The first one, Page 8. "Primary care practitioners are responsible for giving patients pertinent educational materials, e.g., refer patients to the 'Your Life, Your Choices' module." And on Page 9, it says if they request more information, "patients may be directed to the exercises in 'Your Life, Your Choices.' "
So, as of July 2, 2009 -- last month, more than a month ago -- VA health practitioners were told to refer all veterans -- not just end-of-life veterans, but all 24 million veterans -- to this document, "Your Life, Your Choices."
DUCKWORTH: Let me make a correction there, Chris. What our practitioners were told is to refer patients to any type of a tool. They can use Mr. [Jim] Towey's [director of faith-based initiatives in the Bush administration] if they want to spend the $5 apiece. VA simply was not willing to buy his booklet at $5 per veteran at the time.
WALLACE: But how do you explain --
DUCKWORTH: This is a decision that was made by the previous administration.
WALLACE: It doesn't say, "Give them access to anything." I mean, in the specific VA booklet -- it's only about 15 pages long -- it specifically refers to this booklet twice.
Wallace and Fox crop doc: actually directs patients to " 'Your Life, Your Choices' ... or other published resources"
Fox's Page 8: Practitioners must give "patients pertinent educational materials (e.g., Refer patients to the 'Your Life, Your Choices' module...)":

Actual Page 8: "Refer patients to the 'Your Life, Your Choices' module ... or provide written material such as" VA's advance directives doc. Page 8 of the July 2 release of a VHA Handbook titled "Advance Care Planning and Management of Advance Directives," and signed by Acting Under Secretary for Heath Gerald M. Cross, states [emphasis added]:
Primary care practitioners are responsible for:
[...]
b. Giving patients pertinent educational materials (e.g., Refer patients to the "Your Life, Your Choices" module in MyHealtheVet at the web site My HealtheVet - The Gateway to Veteran Health and Wellness, or provide written material such as Appendix C).
Appendix C directs practitioners to a PDF of the VA's "What You Should Know About Advance Directives" document, dated December 2006.
Fox's Page 9: "Patients may be directed to the exercises in 'Your Life, Your Choices'":

Actual Page 9: "Patients may be directed to the exercises in 'Your Life, Your Choices' ... or other published resources." From the document [emphasis added]: VA must provide additional information about advance directives and/or assistance in completing forms for all patients who request this service. This assistance may be provided by social workers, or others who are appropriately trained, and must be available to patients in all clinical settings.
a. Content. Designated practitioners need to ensure that the patient understands the meaning of advance care planning and advance directives, including the information listed in subparagraphs 8b to 8f. For patients who already have an advance directive, practitioners also need to cover points in paragraph 8g and 8h. Possible clinical scenarios and treatment options need to be discussed with attention and sensitivity to the patient's individual circumstances, needs, and culture. Patients may be directed to the exercises in "Your Life, Your Choices" (available on My HealtheVet at the web site My HealtheVet - The Gateway to Veteran Health and Wellness), or other published resources.
After Duckworth corrects Wallace, he again airs graphic, falsely suggests she is lying
From the August 23 edition of Fox News Sunday:
DUCKWORTH: Chris, it has not been reinstated. Let me make it clear: The only advanced directive that we have is dated February of 2007. And it actually encourages veterans to use any type of tool or checklist they would like to. There are many, many good ones out there. This "Your Life, Your Choice" [sic] is widely used out there, not just within VA. There are many others that are out there. And veterans are free to use whatever they would like to use. We just urge them to use them.
WALLACE: Let me -- I mean, I just -- I have a problem here. And often -- too often on these shows, we just say, "One person said, and another person said." Secretary Duckworth, I don't know if we're able in the control room to put up the full screen of the VHA directive, but I'd like you to put up the first full screen if you can.
In the VHA directive of July 2, 2009, it says the following on Page 8: "Primary care practitioners are responsible for giving patients pertinent educational materials, e.g., refer patients to the 'Your Life, Your Choices' module." I mean, it's just there in black and white on the VHA directive of July 2.
But VHA doc supports her statement that VHA "encourages veterans to use any type of tool or checklist they would like to." From Pages 9 and 10 of the document, under the heading "Patient-Requested Additional Information About Advance Directives or Assistance in Completing Advance Directive Forms" [emphasis added]:
b. Forms. If requested, appropriately trained staff must assist the patient in completing:
(1) VA Form 10-0137. VA Form 10-0137 (revised December 2006) is a combined DPAHC (Part II) and living will (Part III). A Veteran who does not want to specify treatment preferences may still designate an HCA to make treatment decisions on their behalf. Additionally, a Veteran may specify treatment preferences without designating an HCA. VA Form 10-0137 is available electronically on the VA internet Forms website at VA Forms, the VA intranet Forms website at http://vaww.va.gov/vaforms, in iMedConsentTM ("Shared" category), and with a link on the National Center for Ethics in Health Care web site at http://vaww.ethics.va.gov, (This is an internal web site not available to the public.) and My HealtheVet at My HealtheVet - The Gateway to Veteran Health and Wellness. NOTE: VA recognizes State-authorized forms and DOD advance directives to the extent they are consistent with VA policy.
(a) To provide further information about their treatment goals, specific treatment preferences, etc., patients may attach one or more additional page(s), each of which must be initialed and dated, to VA Form 10-0137. This may consist of blank sheets on which patients write what they wish or pages from existing documents (e.g., worksheets from "Your Life, Your Choices" or other available sources. To ensure that the document filed in the patient's record is complete, VA Form 10-0137and any supplemental pages must be scanned (or filed) together, to create a single document.
Transcript
From the August 23 edition of Fox Broadcasting Co.'s Fox News Sunday:
WALLACE: If I may, Ms. Duckworth, because we have limited time here --
DUCKWORTH: Sure.
WALLACE: Why would a question -- I can understand questions about if you're in an irreversible coma, do you want us to pull the plug. But why -- as I asked Mr. Towey -- why would you even have a question in an end-of-life plan-- counseling book about, "If you're in a wheelchair, if you're living in a nursing home, does that make life worth living?"
DUCKWORTH: Well, I know that before I was injured, I certainly let my husband know that, you know, being in a wheelchair was something that I feared and I was afraid for, but that I also wanted my life prolonged. This is a tool. This is a simple tool that was put into place, as I said, under Secretary [Jim] Nicholson. It was something that was used throughout -- and let me make a correction. We've not used it since 2007, when under the Bush administration, we decided to go ahead and revise it.
This checklist is still under revision on a timetable according to a program that was actually decided on under the previous administration. Because I know that President Bush and Secretary Nicholson and Secretary [James] Peake all valued life. And that's what we're doing, is we're revising it. It will be out in 2010. It's not yet out. So Mr. Towey was not correct by saying --
WALLACE: Secretary Duckworth, that's just not true. The VHA put out a directive on July 2, 2009, and I want to put up two pages from that directive. The first one, Page 8. "Primary care practitioners are responsible for giving patients pertinent educational materials, e.g., refer patients to the 'Your Life, Your Choices' module." And on Page 9, it says if they request more information, "patients may be directed to the exercises in 'Your Life, Your Choices.' "
So, as of July 2, 2009 -- last month, more than a month ago -- VA health practitioners were told to refer all veterans -- not just end-of-life veterans, but all 24 million veterans -- to this document, "Your Life, Your Choices."
DUCKWORTH: Let me make a correction there, Chris. What our practitioners were told is to refer patients to any type of a tool. They can use Mr. Towey's if they want to spend the $5 apiece. VA simply was not willing to buy his booklet at $5 per veteran at the time.
WALLACE: But how do you explain --
DUCKWORTH: This is a decision that was made by the previous administration.
WALLACE: It doesn't say, "Give them access to anything." I mean, in the specific VA booklet -- it's only about 15 pages long -- it specifically refers to this booklet twice.
DUCKWORTH: The only directive that is out there is actually left over from -- I believe it was beginning of 2007, our advanced planning directive put into place, and it is actually very clear in saying that we need to provide veterans with information that they can make on how they want their care.
You know, this ultimately is about the care and health care for veterans, and we're actually expanding benefits for veterans. We're actually trying to get more priority aid veterans to sign up for VA benefits. We estimate it will be another 500,000 veterans coming in for benefits. We are expanding VA benefits to veterans. It is in our best interest to make sure that every veteran out there receives the care and access to the treatments and everything that he needs. Because after all, these are the men and women who fought for us and fought -- and they deserve nothing less than the best care.
[...]
DUCKWORTH: Chris, it has not been reinstated. Let me make it clear: The only advanced directive that we have is dated February of 2007. And it actually encourages veterans to use any type of tool or checklist they would like to. There are many, many good ones out there. This "Your Life, Your Choice" [sic] is widely used out there, not just within VA. There are many others that are out there. And veterans are free to use whatever they would like to use. We just urge them to use them.
WALLACE: Let me -- I mean, I just -- I have a problem here. And often -- too often on these shows, we just say, "One person said, and another person said." Secretary Duckworth, I don't know if we're able in the control room to put up the full screen of the VHA directive, but I'd like you to put up the first full screen if you can.
In the VHA directive of July 2, 2009, it says the following on Page 8: "Primary care practitioners are responsible for giving patients pertinent educational materials, e.g., refer patients to the 'Your Life, Your Choices' module." I mean, it's just there in black and white on the VHA directive of July 2.
DUCKWORTH: Chris, I'm sorry. I can't see that on a monitor in here. I will tell you that I know for a fact that the only directive signed by Secretary [Eric] Shinseki -- I mean, signed by a VA secretary -- was actually signed by Secretary Nicholson, and it's dated February of 2007. What you're looking at may not actually be a directive. So I -- since I can't see it -- I'd be happy to come back and discuss it with you.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
And the other news corps are NOT aligned with some party and ALWAYS tell the truth?? Amazing.

so you admit fox lies???

they have "news" pundits who are on the payroll of the RNC.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Sorry organic, open your eyes. You don't like Fox because of the opinion and commentary shows that they have. The actual hard news is basically the same as the other news networks hard news. I watch all of the news networks and I think you are confusing the opinion programs with the news reports.
I am calling you out to show us the so called lies that Fox has told. Freaking prove it to us that their news stories are lies.

If you can't come up with proof of a lie that Fox has reported as fact then I will consider you to be the liar. Come on give us some proof or S.T.F.U.

Gave you the proof above. Opinions are opinions however fox represents their "opinion" show as new casts and journalism Not confusing anything, they misrepresent news. Just like Obama was not born here right?

Old 11-02-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthawki View Post
Spoken like a true liberal pMSNBC-watching shill organick!

I was there yesterday as well and there was a pretty good turn out considering it was at 11am Sunday when a lot of people were in church.

The TEA Party events are not about being a Democrat or Republican. They are about fighting against the way big government is taking over our lives and trying to rewrite the Constitution. If you're too lazy to think for yourself and enjoy having the government do EVERYTHING for you, then just keep voting for the status quo. But if you're sick and tired of the way our liberties are being stripped away more and more, then get off your butt and tell Baucus and Tester that you're going speak with your vote if they don't start working for the PEOPLE instead of themselves.

I suppose all the peole attending the tea party dont care about how huge corporations already control us? How 5% of our country controls 95% of thw wealth and pay taxes at a lower rate? How big oil, big insurance, big agro, and big pharma squash the normal person. Talk about rights? They control us like puppets.

You know a single payer health care system works all over the world for other countries. It would cost the avg person much less than their current insurance which will not even be there for them when they need it. Stop listening to the lies.

Just like the other lie told about the DC tea party and 2 million people being there. BS BS BS the pics they showed were from the million man march and even the people who ran the million man march admit there was not a million people. The tea party had 70,000 best.

PS I am no shill because I don't trust any politician and def dont trust either of our political parties.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:51 PM

Here is another Lie. I can keep posting them if you have the time to read alot of lies. Just let me know I would be glad to.

Beck and others repeat claim that White House Political Director Patrick Gaspard was once the political director for Bertha Lewis, chief organizer of ACORN

Bookmark this story:

Buzz up!
ShareThis

A throwaway line in a blog posting in May — which turns out to be wrong — provided just enough fodder to allow political pundits to brand a top White House official with the political scarlet letter A, for ACORN.
Under the spotlight is Patrick Gaspard, director of the White House Office of Political Affairs. It's a high-level position. In fact, that's the title Karl Rove held in President George W. Bush's White House (though senior adviser David Axelrod is probably closer to Rove's role for President Barack Obama). Gaspard had kept a very low media profile until this week, when some political pundits began calling him ACORN's man in the White House.
The hosts of Fox and Friends ran with the claim about Gaspard's alleged ties to ACORN in a Sept. 29, 2009, interview with Fox News commentator Glenn Beck.
"The White House political director is a fellow by the name of Patrick Gaspard," said host Steve Doocy. "And he apparently has been in bed with ACORN and, in fact, Bertha Lewis, who heads up ACORN. He, Mr. Gaspard, was her right-hand man.
"So does ACORN have somebody in the White House in one way or another?" Doocy asked.
"The answer to that is yes," said Beck. "You know what's really weird is he was also one of the top guys at SEIU (Local 1199 of the Service Employees International Union, United Healthcare Workers East, the largest local union in America). SEIU and ACORN, the same organization . . . The president has zero credibility when he says, 'I haven't been following this ACORN thing.' This is his army, SEIU and ACORN."
Fox News host Sean Hannity also ran with the story.
"And now questions are being raised about a top White House adviser's connections to the group," Hannity said on his Sept. 28 show. "Now the director of the White House Office of Political Affairs, Patrick Gaspard, is said to be closely affiliated with ACORN and, according to the American Spectator, he previously worked as the political director for none other than Bertha Lewis, who is now the chief organizer of ACORN.
"Sounds like ACORN has somebody on the inside of the White House. Now there's a real comforting thought."
The accusations about Gaspard's employment at ACORN have their roots in an article written by Matthew Vadum for the American Spectator on Sept. 28 under the headline, "ACORN's Man in the White House." Vadum is a senior editor at Capital Research Center, a Washington, D.C., think tank that studies the politics of philanthropy.
"Newly discovered evidence shows the radical advocacy group ACORN has a man in the Obama White House," Vadum's article begins.

"This power behind the throne is longtime ACORN operative Patrick Gaspard."

"Evidence shows that years before he joined the Obama administration, Gaspard was ACORN boss Bertha Lewis's political director in New York."
So what is the evidence?
Vadum cites a May 16, 2009, posting from ACORN founder Wade Rathke's "Chief Organizer" blog. Rathke resigned last year as "chief organizer" for ACORN amid speculation about his role in helping to conceal from the full board almost $1 million embezzeled from ACORN by his brother. Bertha Lewis, then head of New York ACORN, took Rathke's place.
In May, Rathke wrote this on his blog: "Tell me that 1199's former political director, Patrick Gaspard (who was ACORN New York's political director before that) didn't reach out from the White House and help make that happen, and I'll tell you to take some remedial classes in 'politics 101.'"
The part in parenthases comes from Rathke.
But current ACORN officials say Rathke was wrong.
"He (Gaspard) never worked for us," said Brian Kettenring, a spokesman for ACORN.
It's a case of mistaken identity, Kettenring said. Rathke worked for ACORN national and not ACORN in New York. He clearly confused Gaspard with someone else, Kettenring said.
Scott Levenson with the Advance Group, which does PR work for ACORN, echoed that in an e-mail saying, "There is NO accuracy to the fact that Patrick Gaspard ever worked for ACORN."
And so we e-mailed Rathke.
"I misspoke," Rathke responded.
Rathke also addressed the issue in a postscript to a blog posting on Sept. 29.
"Patrick was never on the staff of ACORN," Rathke wrote. "I double checked with people I still know there, and it appears that I dropped a stitch there. Hopefully my misstatement won’t lead to the White House throwing him in front of the bus in this rush to neo-McCarthyism that has become so prominent. In this case, my memory tricked me. I’m glad to carry the weight and simply say I made a mistake, and damned if I’m not sorry and hope no damage is done to a good man doing a hard job."
Interestingly, Gaspard's brother, Michael Gaspard, works for the Advance Group. And again, the Advance Group in New York does communications work for ACORN. But Kettenring said he was not aware that Michael Gaspard has, himself, actually done any work for ACORN.
But back to Patrick Gaspard. The White House provided a resume for him going back 20 years. It showed he worked for SEIU and the Howard Dean campaign, among other places, but had not worked for ACORN.
We're not saying Gaspard has had no interaction with ACORN, or that he doesn't have ties to ACORN's Bertha Lewis. They both were involved in New York politics and SEIU and ACORN officials run in similar circles.
In fact, in an April 28, 2009, story in Roll Call, Lewis is quoted as saying that while "we don't have our own special ACORN entrance at the White House or our own special hot line," she did say she has particularly good relationships with Housing and Urban Development Secretary Shaun Donovan and Gaspard. The conservative Red State recently ran a story that Gaspard's contact info appears in Lewis' Rolodex, for whatever that's worth.
But the claim here wasn't just that the two are friends. It's that Gaspard was employed by ACORN as Bertha Lewis' political director in New York. ACORN officials say he was not. And the source of that information, ACORN founder Wayne Rathke, said he misspoke when he made that claim in a blog posting.
For their part, Doocy, Beck, Hannity and others are relying on the reporting of Vadum in the American Spectator. And Vadum relied on Rathke's blog posting. So the mistake is understandable. But in their zeal to paint an "A" on Gaspard's sweater, the pundits never made an effort to find out if it was right. And it wasn't. We rule the statement False

Old 11-02-2009, 08:55 PM

6,488 posts, read 7,612,242 times
Quote:
so you admit fox lies???

they have "news" pundits who are on the payroll of the RNC.
Firstoff -- If you're going to twist my words, I'm not going to discuss anything with you.

ALL news outlets bend, fold, staple, and mutilate the news to a greater or lesser degree, depending on their particular slant and their goal of the day. Fox is unusual only in that it tends to slant to the right, while all the rest tend to slant to the left. I'm sure anyone who keeps track could come up with hundreds of "lies" from EVERY news outlet. Furthermore, few (perhaps none) actually investigate their sources (tho they often happily investigate someone else's sources, because every competitor you discredit is that many more eyeballs for yourself).

And I expect that likewise, some of the left-leaning news outlets have pundits who are on the payroll of the DNC, or ACORN, or any number of other political organizations. How is this unusual in the news industry, all the way back to the earliest newspapers??

Remember the dudes who pulled the "crop circles" wool over the world's eyes for two decades? They also managed to get every major news voice to air totally BOGUS stories -- and found it was damned simple to do, because news outlets are NOT looking for truth. They are looking for something to attract eyeballs, which in turn are sold to their advertisers. YOU, the viewer, are the product that news outfits SELL. The more viewers, the more profit, and truth very rapidly takes a back seat to the realities of making money from the advertising industry.

Sure, Fox lies -- by omission, by exaggeration, by taking out of context, by innuendo, by misrepresentation. So does everyone else. Your 'evidence' against Fox is NOT evidence that everyone else is honest, or even that they are more honest than Fox. Some may be; most probably are not. And often it's not even a "lie"; it's blindly replicating a feed while failing to investigate its sources for themselves. (Which is a problem both of budget, and the eagerness of reporters for a "scoop" at any cost -- if you're going to be first to report, you don't have time to investigate.)

The problem isn't that news outfits lie -- that's as old as the original news source, gossip over the back fence. The problem is that we're so eager to believe the ones that agree with what we want to hear -- and call all the others liars.

===========

My personal favourite example of twisted news, meant to shock and thereby gain salable eyeballs: Some years ago a passenger jet crashed. Most news outlets correctly pointed out that "The DC-whatever has had only N-crashes in its entire history." But a station that promotes itself as the go-to place for news reported it this way: "The DC-whatever has a HISTORY OF CRASHES!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana