U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 11-17-2009, 04:45 AM

515 posts, read 683,691 times
Default Good News

Well Hubby got another phone call last night, 2 hours on the phone.
He is planning on flying us out the second week in December, and wants us to start looking at moving companies, he will do/pay for whatever it takes to get us thier.

He is supposed to be getting around a job proposal, for benefits and pay, which he already gave hubby a heads up on that.
I am so excited, and not super worried about the move as much as I am telling my mom, she is gonna be so dang mad. I love her but we can't live our lives for the rest of our family anymore. This is something we have wanted for so long (where we live there just isn't much opportunity) and hubby has been waiting for a job like this for soooooooo long. He has literaly applied off and on for years for a job like this, the one offer he got once was in West Palm Beach, Florida and it just didn't feel right. So he didn't take it. Obviously we have held out and have had some magical help from some where to end up in the most beautiful state in the U.S.

Thanks for all of the support and advice thus far.
I am sure I will probably really be needing some advice on Great Falls and will try to keep my moving ? to the moving forum!!
Here we come Great Falls!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 11-17-2009, 05:02 AM

6,259 posts, read 7,681,131 times
Congratulations!
Gotta live your dream

Unread 11-17-2009, 11:35 AM

271 posts, read 243,806 times
Whoo-hoo! (((snowdreamer stands up to do the happy dance!!!)))

Wow-that is awesome news!!! Good for you!!! Now...about mom....mine was the same way. If yours is anything like mine, she'll react with anger, sadness, guilt trips, etc...and then will finally reach acceptance, which may not happen until after you're gone awhile. Stick to your guns gal- once she sees you guys are happy and are making it, she may come out to visit and fall in love with it too! Ya only go around once so go live your dream! Keep us posted!

Unread 11-17-2009, 12:22 PM

515 posts, read 683,691 times
Thanks bunches seven of nine, AND snowdreamer. Thanks for the happy dance the kids and I were doing the happy dance last night to...lol
Thanks for the support, we have only told just a hand full of friends about this cause they understand, now its time for the family to know. The bad part is that my hubbys parents are gonna be horrible to so not only will we have to deal with my mom, also hubbys parents.
Its all about them though, which I am prepared to tell them that this is our life not thiers and if they love us then they will let us do what we need to do for us to grow in ways that obviously are meant to be.
I am gonna be doing a happy dance all day long!!! Wo hooooo.....

Unread 11-17-2009, 01:06 PM

375 posts, read 685,042 times
Congrats are in order!!

Unread 11-18-2009, 11:39 AM

271 posts, read 243,806 times
Girl I feel your pain. Telling the parents, on BOTH sides, was a nightmare for us. But if you and your hubby and the kids remain a united front, you'll come through it just fine. And you couldn't be more right- all the "non-supporters" have had the opportunity to live their own lives thus far. They have made their choices in life, and now you guys are making yours. I'm pulling for ya!

Unread 11-18-2009, 01:22 PM

239 posts, read 375,009 times
You might try an approach that gives them no opportunity to show their unhappiness with your decision.

Announce to them with great excitement and enthusiasm. DO NOT let them bring you down from your excitement. Telling them "how hard of a decision it was" gives them an avenue to "change your decision". Tell them it was an easy decision for everyone involved. Try to make it a positive for them.

Coming to visit in Montana should be exciting for everyone.

Unread 11-18-2009, 03:35 PM

1,813 posts, read 2,244,637 times
Congratulations! Keep us posted!

Unread 11-18-2009, 04:06 PM

473 posts, read 830,036 times
Congradulations!

Things are really coming together for you. Nice to hear.

Unread 11-18-2009, 05:08 PM

88 posts, read 125,661 times
Great news.

Keep dancin'!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana