U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-23-2009, 09:18 AM

6,038 posts, read 6,909,193 times

Advertisements

My wife and I want to go eat a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner out somewhere this year. We are looking for ideas for some where between Great Falls and Shelby. We don't have it in us to cook a nice dinner and our little fridge held closed with a bungee cord wouldn't hold all the leftovers anyway.
One year we went to the Blue Canyon restaurant in the Missoula Hilton and it was a disgusting pathetic waste of money. We know about the dinner that the Great Falls rescue mission puts on but we're not looking for a free dinner, we just want to go stuff our selves for a reasonable amount of money and then go home and sleep it off ! Any one have any suggestions for any restaurants that put on a good Thanksgiving dinner in my area ? :
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 01:12 PM

1,219 posts, read 2,053,868 times
If Three Forks isn't too far out of your way, The Stockyard has a great thanksgiving feast! My in-laws were all out a couple years back and we didn't have room for everyone in our little house so we went there and were STUFFED with all the traditional fixin's and desserts.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:31 PM

The Stockyard, Mmmmmmm, a bit far for us I think. We used to drive very long distances to try new or different eateries but we'll be dragging pets along and staying the night if we went that far. Thanks, I don't think I've ever been to Three forks yet. I bet that's a good float fishing region.
I saw a restaurant in Great Falls that is supposed to have a good Thanksgiving Dinner but their website shows folks wearing suits and ties eating at nice white clothed tables. That's a bit to foo foo for us, maybe I'll call the 4-Bs or the 3Ds and see if they are doing a Turkey Day Feast.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:23 AM

6,259 posts, read 8,711,679 times
Virtual dinner your way Rickers and the Mrs.

Happy and safe Thanksgiving to all my neighbors.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/Precious_Blossom/Thanksgiving.gif?t=1258995074 (broken link)

Last edited by Mt-7; 11-24-2009 at 06:27 AM.. Reason: needed a smiley :-)

Old 11-15-2010, 08:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,907 times
Double Arrow Ranch...nice drive 40 min or so...good food...buffet style...We love it but make a reservation as it is popular

Old 11-15-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmaam View Post
Double Arrow Ranch...nice drive 40 min or so...good food...buffet style...We love it but make a reservation as it is popular
Hi and welcome to the forum. This thread was from last thanksgiving time and we don't live in that area at this time anymore but we are still in the same situation of looking for a place to have a nice dinner.
We are way over in the lost and forgotten corner of the state near Sandpoint Idaho.
Anyone know of a good place for a thanksgiving dinner in the area between Sandpoint and Missoula ?

Old 11-16-2010, 12:30 AM

3,775 posts, read 4,326,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Hi and welcome to the forum. This thread was from last thanksgiving time and we don't live in that area at this time anymore but we are still in the same situation of looking for a place to have a nice dinner.
We are way over in the lost and forgotten corner of the state near Sandpoint Idaho.
Anyone know of a good place for a thanksgiving dinner in the area between Sandpoint and Missoula ?
Try calling the Squeeze Inn in Clark Fork--a very unusual restaurant! (208) 266-0234. Limited menu, but if the owner likes you, she'll cook up just about anything for you. And the food was superb! She told us she's usually closed in winter, but it can't hurt to give them a call.

Here's another one which is probably going to be open. It's on the expensive side, but the food is fabulous, and the setting is really nice: The Amber Bear Inn just west of Heron on the old Clark Fork Backroad. (406) 847-8627. http://amberbearinn.com/

Also, there's a great little eatery on Highway 200 between Noxon and Heron on the south side of the road, the Hereford something I think. Looks kind of like a biker bar, but they have good, down-to-earth food. You're probably close enough to drive by and see if they're open for Thanksgiving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana