Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 12:13 AM

8,083 posts, read 15,081,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
That's US 212 I believe on the border with WY. Desolate and kinda ugly place, with little water and a single specie of grass .
Now to my eye, that picture is pure beauty, with the big open spaces and the sere fall grass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 08:17 PM

8,083 posts, read 15,081,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
I have one Rez, it works really well.
What kind do you have? while I'm wishing, I'd like it to take SD cards, and be cheap.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:11 PM

608 posts, read 920,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Now to my eye, that picture is pure beauty, with the big open spaces and the sere fall grass.
Agreed. SE Montana is a beautiful land, untainted by the masses from other places. I had the chance to live in Miles City when I worked for Sanjel on the high line, but they sent me back to Texas this year. If given the chance, I'll return to Miles City. The people of Montana are tough and straightforward. They'll help anyone with questions or in need (including me), but also don't want their homeland or ideals messed with by outsiders. I'm fine with that. I'll always treasure fishing the Yellowstone River and the Fort Peck Reservoir. I'll never forget the feeling of starting work at 5am in sub-zero temps, and strangely never feeling more alive. I love Eastern Montana, including it's tougher lifestyle. I respect it for teaching me how to adapt, how to hunt, how to survive. If not for coming to this harsh land, I'd never really had the opportunity to know myself.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:01 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,700,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Agreed. The soul needs open places like that. I can imagine riding a horse through that country and watching a big, badass prairie thunderstorm kicking up in a giant sky, and rustling the bunchgrasses as it rolls through. Damn,not nearly enough of those kind of places, IMO.

But, if I were moving to that sort of place, I'd bring along a big-boned, tough, and fine looking Dakota woman to share it. No use being lonely out there in the wind and shortgrass belt.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:11 AM

608 posts, read 920,119 times
Awesome post Fiddlehead. My "old lady" comes from Sioux Falls, SD. Does that qualify?

Last edited by catfishing; 12-15-2009 at 12:45 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-15-2009, 12:31 AM

Sure, Sioux Falls sounds fine and I am sure the women from there are too!

Old 12-15-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
Agreed. SE Montana is a beautiful land, untainted by the masses from other places. I had the chance to live in Miles City when I worked for Sanjel on the high line, but they sent me back to Texas this year. If given the chance, I'll return to Miles City. The people of Montana are tough and straightforward. They'll help anyone with questions or in need (including me), but also don't want their homeland or ideals messed with by outsiders. I'm fine with that. I'll always treasure fishing the Yellowstone River and the Fort Peck Reservoir. I'll never forget the feeling of starting work at 5am in sub-zero temps, and strangely never feeling more alive. I love Eastern Montana, including it's tougher lifestyle. I respect it for teaching me how to adapt, how to hunt, how to survive. If not for coming to this harsh land, I'd never really had the opportunity to know myself.
Great post! Yea, it is funny what will make us wake up and appreciate what we have, even subzero...

Old 10-09-2010, 04:39 PM

3 posts, read 3,763 times
Well, that's where I grew up. You summed it up. Put it into words. You described how the person I am was formed and the causation. I live in an area so exactly opposite from home that I have never quite fit in. MTSilvertip, you just sorted out a whole bunch of confusion. I miss people who are who they say they are, do what they say they will and give it their all. Montana is beautiful and the people are too. The only thing I would change is that Montanans, lately, seem to close ranks on who they consider 'outsiders'. I understand wanting to protect a beautiful way of life but, man, I feel like such an outsider when I return. If you choose Montana, please don't change it. It's perfect, just the way it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana